5.0 out of 5 stars great mono sound, great reception, great volume
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:08 Mins
I have this hanging from my towel rod in the shower. The hanger part can turn to face any direction. I thought that was important to let people know, for those of you who decide not to hang it from the shower nozzle.

also, keep in mind that I did have a space heater on close by in the video review.

edit: 9/23/10- hard to...
Published on December 5, 2009 by Louie the Italian Jew

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent loud sound, horrible tuning scroll wheel
Published on December 12, 2010 by M. Mazza

5.0 out of 5 stars great mono sound, great reception, great volume, December 5, 2009
This review is from: Jensen JWM-120 AM/FM Shower Radio with Splash Resistant Cabinet, Hook Handle and Built In AM/FM Antenna (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Length:: 1:08 Mins

edit: 9/23/10- hard to turn knob problem fix-take off the knob and spray with WD40. I just did this, and the hard to turn knob is now easy to turn.

edit: 7/23/12- still works like the day I received it. sounds great. very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent loud sound, horrible tuning scroll wheel, December 12, 2010
I live in Los Angeles and bought this shower radio to listen to either of the NPR stations in the morning.. the problem is that the two here are KCRW on 89.9 and KPCC on 89.3, and with this horribly inaccurate scroll wheel it's impossible to get 89.3 to turn on at all, and still incredibly difficult to get 89.9 to show up at a decent quality level. The problem is that the tuning dial is very small and even the most minute of rotations will send you to vastly different stations.

If you live in a city with relatively few radio stations, or are just hoping to listen to one radio station with no other stations anywhere near it, this is a decent shower radio that's plenty loud to be heard over your bathroom activities. However, if there is a competing station with 1 or 2 digits of your desired tuning, you may have some difficulty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little unit, September 4, 2009
Got this product simply to hang on the pool deck without worrying about electricity or water splashes. Radio is easy to use and has a pretty good sound quality for the price. Solid-made and perfect for what we wanted it for. We just hang it on the deck hook when we're outside and bring it in the house when we're done. Wife has used it in the shower a couple times and it works just fine in there too. Easy controls...volume/on/off...am/fm...tuner dial. You can't go wrong for the money with this one. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars You won't like this radio............, April 10, 2012
BxBoy51 (Gulfport, Fl) - See all my reviews
I bought this shower radio after reading many reviews and thought it would be a good choice. Well, it wasn't. I liked the swivel hook but the sound is extremely tinny. I had a little AM transistor radio 50 years ago that had better sound. I didn't expect good sound from the little speaker, just acceptable. With the shower running I can't even hear it and if you turn it up, which is very hard to do with wet fingers, the sound gets all distorted and even more annoyingly tinny. The one I had before this one had great sound but eventually it died. If you listen to it without the shower running then you can at least make out what is playing. I will be looking for another shower radio. Anyone want to buy a slightly used one?

4.0 out of 5 stars little trouper, November 27, 2009
So far, so good. Better sound than my last shower radio and it's loud enough I can hear it over the water. Makes being in the bathroom more fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little radio, September 17, 2010
Meg S. (Rural Iowa) - See all my reviews
Was looking for a cheap, water resistant radio to use in the shower that didn't have a digital memory that sucked the battery between uses, and I didn't want to pay for any extras, i.e. mirror, MP3 or CD player, etc. So, when I saw this, I knew it was the radio I was looking for, and I wasn't disappointed. The local (NE Iowa) stations come in loud and clear, and late at night on the AM dial I was also able to pull in 710 (KCMO-Kansas City), 720 (WGN-Chicago), 760 (WJR-Detroit), 780 (WBBM-Chicago), 820 (WBAP-Dallas), and 890 (WLS-Chicago). These may all be 50,000 watt stations, but each station came in without interference, which attests to the sensitivity of the dial. The local stations (AM & FM) come in just fine in the basement shower. Love the swivel feature to point the speaker in my direction. Nice speaker for talk AND music. My only complaint would be that the dial could be a bit larger, but it wouldn't stop me from buying this radio.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes it is slippery when wet!, January 12, 2010
nrrdgurl1 (Princeton, NJ) - See all my reviews
I bought two different shower radios for xmas gifts for my family. This one is impossible to turn on or off (never mind alter the radio station) once your fingers are wet. The other one I bought, the Conair, has an on/off switch that you just push, and the kids love it. Don't get this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slippery when wet!, December 19, 2009
Veruca Salt (East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a cute-looking compact little shower radio, but beware - it is SO hard to turn the control dials - especially when either the radio or your fingers are wet (which they're likely to be in the shower). I say look for a shower radio with bigger, easier to turn dials or better yet, push-button controls!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Good. Stopped Working Soon After Purchase, July 27, 2010
This radio is a piece of junk. It eats thru batteries like CRAZY. And the reception is terrible. It works fine for a few weeks, but the reception gets worse the longer you own it. I can hold it up to my ear with the volume turned all the way up and barely hear the station. This is not a good radio at all. Save your money on this one and find another!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, February 6, 2014
Worked great twice, then quit working completely. The hanging design and the size were great, and my daughter loved being able to play music in the shower. Really disappointing purchase.