5.0 out of 5 stars great tv
Last year i bought a 2002 model toshiba tv.This tv was a consumer reports best buy tv last year. I just bought the jenson fat screen tv. Then i compared these two tvs. The jenson has a lot better clearer picture. Plus the jensons sound is ten times better. And lastly the jenson cost 100 hundred dollars less. Im very happy with this tv.
Published on June 12, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture tube buzz noticeable when volume low
Great picture and features for the price, but I returned this set because the picture tube made a soft but constant buzzing noise when the set was on. It didn't seem to be a defect. In a quiet bedroom with the volume low or off I found the buzzing quite noticeable and distracting. My other sets (Sony and even Symphonic) make hardly any operational noises.
If you're...
Published on May 18, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, June 12, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome deal, February 18, 2003
This review is from: Jensen Q2749J 27" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
This TV is an unbelievable deal. I love mine. I bought several of them for my business. Everyone who has seen them thinks it cost a lot more than they do. Flat screen is the only way to go. It has all of the inputs needed for DVD or a dish. The remote is easy to use and the picture is awsome. You will not regret buying this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best product I have purchased in years, April 16, 2003
Sir Pumpkin (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Okay so imagine this... contemplating what to spend my money for tax returns I decide to get a tv for my small college apartment. I considered getting an televison with hd ready features and paying upwards of...plus for a 32" knowing I wouldn't even be able to fully utilize the service unless paying for cable upgrades and waiting for the broadcasters to convert to high definiton. Pulling a complete 180 I stumble across this set through amazon while trying to get to more advanced televisions. I am glad I did. 20 inch's is perfect for my 12 x 10 room and the picture speaks volumes. The flat screen produces no glare (the tv is right in front of a window) and the colors are noticable brighter and sharper then others I checked out [elsewhere] I searched trying to find a better deal not wanting to wait on shipping and eager to throw away my check. I could not find a flat tv within $... of the price range this one sold for...I can not believe they shipped it for free. The poor ups guy went up 3 flights of stars and dropped it on my door (it is a 55 pound tv). Sounds great, looks great, has a special feature for playing dvd's. Many outputs to plug things in. Stylish silver frame. Well thoughtout remote, with not to many confusing buttons. Everything you would want, with out any of the confusing, expensive, annoyance other tv's come with and are difficult to operate. This turned me into a amazon beliver, I am one happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the money, May 26, 2003
This review is from: Jensen Q2749J 27" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
This is a great deal with one major caveat. Jensen has gone out of business, so parts and service MAY be hard to come by down the road. But you're probably going to buy a new TV anyway in 4-5 years with the advent of digital TV, so get this one for the interim. Great Flatscreen technology delivers a sharp picture - impressive with a DVD player. Wait and see if Amazon offers free shipping again and this is a killer deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, April 22, 2003
I did quite a bit of online shopping, reading reviews and such trying to find a decent TV for the money. For this price and free shipping, I finally decided to order this Jensen 20" FS. I'm very pleased with it. The picture is sharp, there's pleanty of inputs, the sound is adaquate, and the looks are sweet. I do wish the power cord came out the rear of the TV. Of course, it comes out the right side of the TV (when facing front) and my plug was too far to the left of the TV. The sound won't blow you away even when turned up all the way, but it doesn't distort. I just hooked up a pair of Altec Lansing computer speakers to the set & the sound is great. Overall, great picture, probably not as good as a Sony, but for half the price I give 5 stars. Oh yeah, my fellow poor college friends were impressed by the cool looks & flat screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant go wrong with this!, May 19, 2003
Boraxman (Canyon Country, Ca. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jensen Q2749J 27" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
Ive only had this for a week but feel it is a great TV for the money. Sound is very good and the picture is as good as any as I have seen including Sony. I recommend not buying anything but a flat screen at this point as the picture is great. The TV has all kinds of settings in the on-screen menus so you can tweek on the settings or leave it on auto as I have. The only thing I dont care for is the remote control which has a round bottom, so it wobbles on a flat surface. That however takes nothing away from the overall value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture tube buzz noticeable when volume low, May 18, 2003
By A Customer
If you're going to have the sound down low in a quiet room I'd think twice. In a noisier environment or if you'll always be listening at medium to high volumes this is a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the rest get this set!!!, February 18, 2003
I needed a bedroom set and this fit great. It has a great picture (flat screen) and it is easy to use and the styling is good. I was looking at a Philips for twice the price and this one is a better TV. This is as nice as my Sony XBR. Go figure you don't always get what you pay for sometimes like with this set you get more. This set made me look like an electronics wiz to my wife.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it..., March 5, 2003
By A Customer
While shopping for a new 20" TV, I originally purchased this one because of its good looks and extra features (including flat screen) that the more established brands at this price point lacked. I decided I'd give it a chance. It was a mistake.
After bringing it home, I found that the screen showed faint horizontal lines moving across it while hooked up to my DVD player...not too noticable, but annoying for a brand new TV with a supposedly premium picture. The speaker quality was poor, and the volume needed to be turned up quite a bit to be reasonably audible, a problem made worse by the remote control which only worked when pointed head-on at the TV.
I then heard a crackling noise coming from the speakers, which would sometimes become so loud as to cancel out what was on TV. I realized that it varied when I moved around near the TV, as if it were some sort of interference. Upon turning the volume way up, I heard the faint sound of a radio station. This was not due to an antenna, as there was none.
It was at this point that I decided to return the TV, and exchanged it ... No horizontal lines, no radio interference, much better picture and sound quality. And while it's not flat, the screen seems to be much less bulbous than most. It was well worth giving up a few minor features. The moral of the story: You do, in fact, get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, June 4, 2003
J. Lee (Temecula, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jensen Q2749J 27" Flat Screen TV (Electronics)
I bought this TV mostly from the reviews listed here. I have to admitt that for the price and size, it's a great buy. The clarity is awesome, its such a difference espeically when I watched "Lord of the Rings." One of the two draw backs I would say is 1) the intermitent high pitched hum from the TV. I know someone said that they couldn't hear it, but it really comes and goes. I guess if you are not as picky as myself, you may not even notice it. The 2) thing is the full second Black screen pause between changing channels. Other than that, the screen color, clarity, and size is awesome so for the price I would say that this TV is worth it!

Jensen Q2749J 27" Flat Screen TV