5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than Expected
Published on November 27, 2009 by Lyn

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising
Published on December 2, 2011 by Coreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than Expected, November 27, 2009
This review is from: Jerdon HL9510N 8-Inch Oval Halo Lighted Vanity Mirror with 10x and 15x Magnification, 3-Light Settings, Nickel Finish (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this mirror based on the good reviews that it had. I needed a good makeup mirror that magnifies and especially with good lighting. This mirror is even better than I thought it would be. The lighting is perfect for putting on makeup and you can see every last detail as you work. I can see more detail than when wearing reading glasses. There is a small circle of extra magnification on the bottom of the mirror that is super for plucking hair in places you would not see just looking in the mirror. The mirror is heavy and well made, and beautiful. It is very steady on the base and not tippable. Love this mirror it is worth every penny and any female would adore it for her vanity and putting on makeup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!, August 10, 2010
My old Sharper Image lighted mirror finally blew both of its lights and I cannot find the right bulbs for it. So I decided to purchase a new mirror and one that hopefully had a 10X magnification as my eyes aren't as strong as they once were! This mirror more than meets my needs. It has a lovely finish that fits right into my bathroom decor and the 15X insert is fantastic for finding and pulling out those pesky chin hairs as well as eyebrow plucking! I'm so happy I took the chance and ordered this mirror. I nearly didn't because of a review that the insert magnification was too strong for that individual. But it works just fine for me and the 10X is great for makeup applications without having my glasses or contacts on. I highly recommend this mirror as the lighting effect is spot on with the ability to change it to three different levels depending on your needs. This cost less than my old mirror but works so much better. A great find and buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Magnifying Mirror, July 15, 2010
I used to use a 5x mirror and I'm only in my early 40's and now need a little more magnification to see my eyebrows, uggg. The little insert that is 15x works perfect for this while the 10x part works for everything else. I love this mirror. The only complaint I have would be the amount of light it puts out isn't quite what I would want for daily use. It has three graduating light levels and they are very close (almost the same). I wish the were larger differences getting brighter when needed. I use this mirror everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, December 2, 2011
DO NOT buy this mirror if you absolutely need a 10X Magnification, it is no more than 5X and it even states that in the instructions that come with the mirror. The box and sticker on the mirror both say 10X which is a lie and false advertising. I set my 10X mirror that I already have beside it and there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the Magnification, such a shame because it is a beautiful looking mirror. And what also stinks is that when you send it back you have to pay a 15% restocking fee and if you initially got free shipping they are going to also deduct some shipping charges from your credit even tho you got free shipping and on top of that you have to pay for 100% shipping to return it!! VERY DISSAPOINTED!!

1.0 out of 5 stars extremely disapointing mirror, March 28, 2011
The mirror was advertised as 10x magnification. Magnification was no different than a 5x mirror I already owned. In fact after reading the enclosed insert it stated the mirror only magnified 5X although the box and mirror stated 10x. The mirror lighting was poor. I am returning the mirror

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough light....at all., December 8, 2009
This mirror is attractive enough on your table, but there's practically no light. It has 3 settings dim, dimmer, and dimmest. Save your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Makeup mirror, November 23, 2009
I ordered this lighted mirror as a backup to the 10x mirror I purchased some years ago. It is not as good as the one I bought at Nordstrom originally. I also find the little 15x spot mirror a distraction and not useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mirror is just OK, September 3, 2011
The description says this mirror is 10X, but when I got it, it had a sticker on it saying it was only 5X. The lights is not as bright as I would like it, I need other bright lights around it. It is okay, but I wouldn't purchase it if I had known it was only 5X.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who's the pretty girl in the mirror there, May 15, 2012
After a frustrating and fruitless search for replacement bulbs for my last illuminated mirror, I went back to the drawing board and found the Jerdon HL9510N. I could NOT wait for it to arrive - I missed seeing me up close and personal.

The Jerdon's three levels of illumination are more than adequate. The 15X magnification insert was a little difficult to get accustomed to - however, I am getting there. The 10X magnification is ample while I transition.

My only issue with the Jerdon, so far, is that it heats up. When I try to turn the mirror from regular to magnified, after it having been on for awhile, that heating up is an unpleasant sensation. Now, should the Jerdon prove to become the burden my last mirror was in terms of bulb shopping, I will be revising - but otherwise, this mirror is well made and worth the price.

Just a note: I would have gladly given it 5 stars if it didn't get as hot as it does around the borders.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it!, January 11, 2012
While I was growing up my mother always had one of the 3 paneled make up mirrors that had the different light settings in the bathroom so she could see to put on her makeup..through the years her eyes have worsened. When I went to visit her for Thanksgiving I noticed she was having alot of trouble seeing in that old thing and she made the comment she wished she could find one with 10x magnification. Well I looked everywhere for a 3 panelled lighted mirror for her but couldnt find one anywhere so "settled" on this one. And am very happy I did...I had it delivered to her and it arrived 4 days before Christmas...when she saw what it was she immediately tried it out...within minutes she was calling me and actually crying the words "thank you" she LOVES it..and the little circle with the 15x makes it even easier for her to see! I would highly recomend this to any one who has a mother they love as much as I do mine =)