Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

VINE VOICEon December 4, 2013
I got this mirror because the very nice one that I had did not have a way to replace the light bulbs. I depended on the customer reviews to tell me that the mirror was good. Unfortunately, that has not been my experience. I'm going to list the pros and cons because that will be easier to read, and I find those kinds of reviews helpful.

Pros:
1. The center mirror swings 360 degrees both ways. (My old one only went 180 degrees, and only in one direction for each side.)
2. The lighting is excellent and even, without some lighted spots and some not lighted.
3. The side mirrors fold inward.
4. The mirror remains stable at whatever angle you want.

Cons:
1. The device is very lightweight plastic and feels cheap. Because of the light weight, it's easily knocked over.
2. The side mirrors are so small that they are essentially useless, even though they look about the same size as the main mirror in the picture on Amazon.
3. The magnification side is only 5X. I didn't think that would matter, but it does. (My old one was 10X.)
4. The 4 different lighting types seem like a gimmick to me. I wonder how they even decided which colors to use for which environment. I just leave it on one now, after trying the other ones and finding them useless.

All in all, maybe I should have realized what type of mirror this would be by the relatively inexpensive price, but I wish that I hadn't purchased it. Paying more for a decent 10X mirror made of metal would have better for me.
VINE VOICEon March 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have only used this a little, since I don't do a lot of makeup (I'm so beautiful already . . . ). I did find it quite useful for examining one's eyes to get things out of them, etc., as I could get much closer than I could to a wall mirror, and the 5x magnification side helped even more.

The basic construction seems about average for this price range of items. There are many features which could come in handy, like the filters to alter the color balance of the light to check one's makeup for different lighting conditions.

I would not consider this an item for traveling, but rather for a fairly fixed placement on a vanity. Short of a regular makeup mirror and desk, I think it could be quite useful for applying makeup, especially if one is a little short of space.

I liked the AC outlet on the front for other appliances, like a hair dryer or curling iron.

There were only 2 flaws that I could see. The first one is that when folded flat, there was no way to secure the loser part of the stand on the back, and it would flop all over the place when moving the mirror, unless you held it in place. A minor quibble, but potential problematic.

The other thing I didn't like was the fact that the light bulbs were not user-replaceable. In this day and age, there is not excuse for that. The 6 inch fluorescent bulbs are still fairly common, and being able to replace them yourself when they fail (as they will fail) should be a given. It is pretty ridiculous to have to send this in or take it to some rare repair center just to change a light.

Those 2 flaws cost a star.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
 Hopefully this short video will give you an idea of what you would be purchasing if you wanted this Jerdon Make-up Mirror. Amazon did not send me this tri-fold mirror but a model that did not come with the side mirrors, although the model number is the same. There is no place to attach mirrors either. Not sure exactly what has transpired. I guess if you order this mirror you'll get side mirrors that fold closed however I can not guarantee that.

My wife likes the mirror and the light settings. It's construction is plastic so don't expect a high-end European work of art.
on April 9, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is hard to find a mirror in my home. It seems that everyone is always getting ready at the same time, and my wife and daughter seem to occupy all the mirrors doing makeup and other things. I saw this and jumped at the opportunity to free up some bathroom time and hopefully get at least one of them out of the way.

They now race to see who can get to this thing first. They rave about how the light adjusts, anywhere from the harsh "Highlights every flaw for plucking, popping, or hiding" to the smooth "Makes me look natural and lets me put on makeup under normal light." Having tried it myself to groom my facial hair, it really does make a difference depending on which light intensity is used.

The tri-fold aspect is useful as well. It allows the light to be used from different directions, and allows for your face/head to be viewed from offest angles.

The entire unit is lightweight, yet stays stable and balanced when in use. This thing made me a hero at my house; my wife and daugther have a makeup and hair station, and my son and I can now use the bathroom mirror to get ready ourselves. The only problem is I am now being asked to buy a second, so my wife and daughter dont have to take turns with this one.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is a bit bulky and hard to store as the back that works as a stand does not stay up when you put it away. You could see yourself clearly when doing makeup, examining your skin, clearing pores or putting on your contacts. The lighting options (as additional pictures show) are a plus, but I think it could be a bit brighter, and the lighting options aren't really that accurate to the real thing. It basically gives a hue to the light. With some minor flaws, it is definitely better than any other unfocused lighting.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon March 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I thought the mirror would have the tri-fold feature with two sides, but it is just the center mirror with the lights on the side. The magnification is only 5X and I think I would do better with 10X. I don't find it to be particularly sturdy. It takes up a lot of room if left up, and it doesn't compact well. However, my six-year old daughter enjoys playing with the light features and wonders why she looks green when the office setting is on.
on August 31, 2014
I do not like the fact that on the magnification side, there is too much distortion except in the very middle of the mirror. So, if you want to see both eyes, for example, when putting on eye makeup, you cannot do it without feeling like you are suffering from vertigo or are looking at yourself in a fun house mirror! The lighting part is great - just not the magnification.
on May 3, 2015
I was so excited to get this mirror( because the design is really pretty), that I threw out the packaging before I tried it out. The light is really good and the natural (non-magnified) side of the mirror is fine, but the magnified side looks like it came straight from a carnival fun house! It's AWFUL! I was getting a headache just trying to focus to apply my eyeliner! If I would have kept the packaging, I would return this because of that. I really need the magnified side because I wear glasses, but there's NO WAY I'll be using it on this.
on June 28, 2014
I purchased this mirror so I could apply makeup using the magnifier mirror, without wearing my glasses. Much to my dismay, that is impossible. The magnifier mirror is more like a "fun house" mirror causing major distortion up and down the mirror. Having successfully used this type of mirror ensemble before from another brand, I am very disappointed with this brand.
on February 13, 2014
I love the style of the mirror (able to close side doors which keeps dust, etc. off mirror) but the mirror, itself, seems to be distorted unless I sit VERY close to it. I wish the "home" light was brighter since that is pretty much the only one I use.