5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, Fun, Funky
Jeremy Fink is the son of a man who died when he was forty. Not only that, he had always known he was going to die when he was forty because a fortune teller told him so. His best friend is a girl who lives next door to him. Her mother left her and her father when she was a young girl. They live in New York and that is the start of the movie.

Since his father's...
Published 23 months ago by apoem

3.0 out of 5 stars Book was better!
My son had to read the book Jeremy Fink & the Meaning of Life over the summer for school,( Middle school ) My wife and I both read the book too. We all thought it was a great book so we where very happy to find that they had made it into a movie. We were all disappointed to see that they changed a lot of the characters ( they made them over the top strange ) and some...
Published 10 months ago by Joe K

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, Fun, Funky, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)

Since his father's death Jeremy has seen no reason to go beyond the area that he can walk, about two city blocks. He doesn't ride the subway or take taxis. He works on a time machine and he is constantly thinking about that moment that his dad was hit by a car while crossing the street. His best friend on the other hand is wild, brave, and willing to push Jeremy into doing more than he feels he can do.

For his thirteenth birthday Jeremy got a box with no key. A box with something special in it from his father. And from that moment on the adventure is on. His best friend and him go to an attorney's office and 'break in'. When they are caught they are given community service. The community service consists of them returning items sold many years ago back to the original owner. And each person the bring something to has an amazing story to tell about the item, their life, or their dreams.

The end is something that even I didn't put together until about the time Jeremy clicked onto the twist in the plot.

This is an absolutely lovely story and a funky movie. The characters are funky and loveable and enjoyable and move the story along in a positive manner. The theme of the movie is absolutely about the meaning of life and in some ways it's bigger than that too. It's an enjoyable movie and I'm glad I watched it with my sons.

Well worth the money.
Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars we enjoyed it, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
We watched the DVD with our daughters (8 and 10), who liked the movie and the story, but at some times had trouble following it. The topic of the meaning of life seemed a little over there heads. Other than that, they (and we) had a good time - they liked both the boy and the girl in the movie very much. We might watch it again in two year's time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the lead, you may be surprised where you end up., April 29, 2013
Luke Javan "LJ" (-land of the flat water-) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
The key on the boy's time machine is the key. Spoiler alert, maybe, but I did not see that coming. Wonderful
coming-of-age movie, when boys and girls consider the other has cooties. Friendships developing where
none are expected. Taking risks in life to enrich it. These things inspire me and I am long past these kids's ages.
Plus I like happy endings, though life does not always have them, one can always hope, which is what this
movie teaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
I bought this movie for my Daughter and watched it with her. It has a great way of telling a story and incorporating values and meaning into entertainment at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars jeremy fink and the meaning of life, December 9, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
Im reading the book, and its great Im at the part when there doing comunity service. Its so intense I just want to keep reading its the best! I love this book. I want to get the movie to watch when Im done the book.! It would be GREAT choice to get the book and read it or get the movie and watch. I just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute movie!, January 27, 2013
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
My daughter had just finished this book by Wendy Mass so I treated her to the movie. We all watched it for a family movie night with a 12yo and 10yo. We all liked it, even dad. My daughter said the book was a little different with more details about the relationships but she enjoyed both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Funky Fink!, May 20, 2012
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
I wish I had my niece (9) and oldest nephew (7) with me when I saw this movie, they'd be acting it out in their backyard now. The director understands kids and shoots them well. Michael Urie,(from Ugly Betty) in my opinion, steals this flick! It is a fun, family friendly film, filled with mystery and tender moments. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare, but sometimes it's fun to dive in head first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings the book to life, March 25, 2014
I had read this book with my goddaughter a long time ago and was curious about how it would translate to the screen. It does! Both my goddaughter and I were drawn into the story as if we hadn't already read the book. The casting is ace and the visual storytelling is both whimsical and effective. A great tale well told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous film!!!, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
This is a great family film. A must see!!!!! The actors are great and storyline very entertaining. A feel good film for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming!, March 19, 2014
S. Smith "Smitty" (Los Angeles, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life (DVD)
This was a charming story suitable for middle grade students. Although there are some big names in the film, it has an unconventional quirkiness of some of the best indie movies out there. There is a hint of almost magical realism that made me long for an adventure in the city.

Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life
Jeremy Fink & The Meaning of Life by Tamar Halpern (DVD - 2012)
$12.99 $7.64