Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

I am very sensitive to artificial scents and being around someone with strong perfume can sometimes spark off a sinus infection, if not a day-long migraine. Even soft soaps can get to me if the perfume is some artificial smell.
The smell is so pleasant and gentle - if that's an adjective that's appropriate for a scent - it's a joy to smell. I wish they had a body spray with this fragrance!
The almond smell is more pronounced - I don't think of cherries while smelling this soap, nor does it evoke an "I'm hungry" reaction... it's just a wonderful non-hunger-inducing aroma. The scent is far from overwhelming and dissapates an hour or so after washing... so you smell clean, not like a bunch of chemicals. The soap itself is good at cleaning and doesn't dry out your skin, but leaves it smooth. I love this soap!
on October 1, 2008
I contacted Jergens only to learn this product is not available within 100 miles from me due to "declining sales". Contrary to some, I do not have a mother, aunt or a grandmother who used this "oldie but goodie" product. I am a recent Jergens Extra Moisturizing Liquid Hand Wash convert with no desire whatsoever to go back to competing liquid soap brands in their garish packaging.

This hand wash is not antibacterial like most on store shelves, but here's why this is good news: Tricosan, the ingredient in most liquid hand washes, is contributing to bacterial resistance, including hospital-acquired infections such as MRSA. It is only a matter of time before the ingredient, which can also foul water and irritate the skin, is banned. A better alternative to bacterial hand soaps are alcohol-based hand sanitizers that do not contribute to this problem.

What you want in a liquid hand soap, Jergens Extra Moisturizing Original Scent offers in spades. It has a heavenly almond-cherry scent that is sure to convert just about everyone who tries it. Jergens should continue to manufacture the full line of original scent products, including the defunct body wash. Meanwhile, those of us who are recent or loyal fans of the original scent lotion and hand wash should petition Jergens through their website to see to it that stores actually stock this hand wash and it's matching "original scent" lotion so that sales won't decline as a direct consequence of inaccessibility.

Unfortunately, I am saddened to report that Jergens classic and classy flower-embellished packaging for this hand wash is a thing of the past. Their tone-deaf marketers have instead replaced it with the 1980s "trend colors" consisting of pink and turquoise.

When I initially purchased this hand wash I had no idea how silky the soap would be, how moisturizing it is, or how fantastic it smells. I found the standard size dispenser in dollar store quite by accident, and only knew that it had a great packaging design with an artfully illustrated flower on the front that matched my decor. (In addition to a pink flower, this product also came with choice of white tulip or purple orchid.) This hand wash, until recently, had a heads-and-shoulders-above look to the packaging that eliminated the need for those jumbo size liquid soap dispensers that always look attractive at department stores but rarely offer functional pump dispensers.

The good news is that Jergens has retained the same great cherry-almond scent and the soap feels and works just as well as ever despite its inferior packaging. Just the same, I encourage everyone who knows and loves this product to contact Jergens directly to petition that the solid white bottles with choice of understated floral rendering return. While your at it, if you want this hand wash to stop disappearing off store shelves, by all means buy a few bottles to give to your friends -- especially those friends who frequent body store mall boutiques. There's no product costing double or triple this hand wash that can beat this one in scent, silky texture, pleasing lather and overall functionality. There's a reason reviewers give this product five stars. Buy it!
on December 12, 2008
I, too, really like this hand wash as it cleans, is safe & gentle. I find it difficult to believe that I am one of so few who values this product. I can now find it only online, with shipping costs much higher than the product itself.
on July 20, 2011
My review title says it all. I generally trust Amazon to offer fair prices, and in this case didn't notice how little of my favorite liquid soap I was getting in this $7.16 refill -- just 16 oz! A few days after its arrival I comforted myself by ordering 3 identical bottles for $2.99 each from a website from which I often get such items. That will be my source from now on, naturally.
on July 18, 2005
This Jergens liquid soap hits all my targets for what I want next to my sink:

- natural fragrance (almond with a hint of cherry)

- decent moisturizer

- NOT antibacterial, because that just selects for bacteria which are tougher than average

- reasonable price

What's not to like?
on September 24, 2009
I also love this product. I use to buy it at Wal-Mart, but of course they stopped carrying it. I can't use antibacterial soaps because of the type of septic system I have. I love this product and hate I can't buy it locally anymore. I hope they don't stop making it. And I love the scent.
on September 21, 2010
I've been using this liquid soap for years. I haven't been able to find it in any supermarket or drug store so I ordered it on line from Amazon. I was really happy that I could get this product. It came fast and in good conditon. I now know where to get this when I need more.
on September 3, 2010
but not smelly enough. I bought this for my mom and she loves it, but her only comment is that the soap is not smelly enough. Personally, I think the smell of soap shouldn't stay on your hands because it's a little odd, but that's what my mom said.
on February 1, 2010
I love this soap, it is all I use for hands but it is very hard to find in my area. I was so glad to find the refill for my kitchen dispenser and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. Saved me a whole lot of searching around town!
on June 10, 2009
I've been searching stores all over my area to find refills of this soap. It smells better than any of the others available in large sizes and doesn't dry out my sensitive (and frequently scrubbed) hands. It is a relief to find it here.