4.0 out of 5 stars CALL ME NOOKIE
The Jersey Shore is under attack by CG generated red-eyed albino "Moby Dick" sharks. This is a campy cleavage filled take off of "Jersey Shore" and shark attack movies. The production utilizes Troma style blood squirts and occasional body parts. The dialouge ranges from clever to sad and includes many bad shark attack lines such as: "You're not half the man I am."...
Published on October 16, 2012 by The Movie Guy

3 1/2 Stars For Lovers Of SyFy Original Movies
1 1/2 Stars For Everyone Else

Published on August 31, 2012 by K. Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Flashes Of Bad Movie Magic, But Generally Uneven SyFy Monster Movie Mash-Up, August 31, 2012
3 1/2 Stars For Lovers Of SyFy Original Movies
1 1/2 Stars For Everyone Else

If the very idea of combining Jersey Shore with the monster mayhem of a traditional SyFy movie doesn't appeal to you instantly, then I doubt you will enjoy anything about "Jersey Shore Shark Attack." But let's face it, there are those of us who live for these silly creations! And the idea behind this picture is truly inspired. With an appealing cast taking on skewed representations of the real life personages of the famed MTV series (Nooki and The Complication are two character names), I wanted so badly for this to be a home run. There are many flashes of comic genius, but there are also stretches of sheer dullness as well. It's this uneven tone that disappoints, as if the screenwriter wasn't fully committed to making this as lunatic as it needed to be.

Make no mistake, this is a horrendously bad movie. It was made to be so. The question, though, must be whether or not it is fun. Strangely, while this ticks many of the boxes that would make it a ridiculous camp classic, the weakest element is the actual plot. Anytime the action involves anyone other than the young Jersey Shore heroes, the movie all but grinds to a halt. No offense to the name actors who show up for a paycheck (Paul Sorvino, William Atherton, Jack Scalia), but they add very little to the actual movie. Don't try to explain town economics, real estate development, or cultural prejudices--just bring on the foam sharks and the bad impressions! My delight stems more from the Jersey Shore satire and painful special effects than for any creativity in plotting this creature feature. A few of my favorite moments:

1) A Joey Fatone concert
2) A discussion of which Vinnie was killed (there are so many)
3) The many uses of fireworks
4) Truly awful creature effects
5) Nooki gets trapped on a sinking yacht
6) Every attack is in two feet of water
7) The armed showdown finale

As much as I want to say that "Jersey Shore Shark Attack" is a must-see, though, for lovers of bad movies--I still think it misses some of the potential to be a real genre classic. If you like this sort of thing (and you know who you are), you can have a bit of fun. I might recommend a few drinks to get you started! If you aren't aware of what a bad SyFy movie is, though, you will undoubtedly be perplexed by this one. More comedy than anything else, if you're looking for genuine thrills or scares--this isn't for you. "Jersey Shore Shark Attack" works best at its most ludicrous, but (I can't believe I'm saying it) it's not quite ludicrous enough. KGHarris, 6/12.

4.0 out of 5 stars CALL ME NOOKIE, October 16, 2012

Spoofs include hunting sharks with Roman candles and M-80s. Typical shark movie criticisms include deep water sharks in shallow water and people seen standing in water in one scene are shown treading water from underneath. Cameo appearance by Joey Fatone, who I discovered is his real name and not a gag name (Fat one) although one can't help but think that in this film.

Enjoyable Snooki spoof. I don't watch "Jersey Shore" and don't know of anyone who admits to it, but everyone knows Snooki. I am sure "Jersey Shore" fans will have more to howl about in this film.

PARENTAL GUIDE: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity. Implied sex with couple in bed on morning after. Lame wet t-shirt contest with contestants wearing bikini tops under shirts...I mean what's the point? 4 stars for those who like bad campy films.

3.0 out of 5 stars My Review, August 8, 2014
Monica F (Fredericksburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Offshore drilling and construction are being sped up all in the name of progress. What could go wrong?

A super cheesy plot and special effects add to the humor of the film.

The acting, while exaggerated, isn't too bad.

Overall, a humorous ride.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jersey Shore + Sharks = Funneh times for all, September 23, 2014
WARNING: May contain Spoilers
I love watching B movies and this was absolutely funny and good. It is a great film for weekends and if you like parody movies I don't think you will be disappointed. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I think there was a possibility for the movie to have more funny scenes towards the end.

Here is a rundown of what I thought about the movie

Actors/Actresses:
I thought the actors were really great. They overexaggerated the Jersey Shore cast members personalities perfectly. Even their serious expressions had me laughing. The names for the main cast members are just as funny to me. The Complication, Donnie, Balzac, Nookie, J-Moni and BJ were all great and played their parts very well.

Plot:
Okay seriously, it's called Jersey Shore Shark Attack, do you really need to know the plot? The movie starts off very funny and gets a bit serious towards the end, but it still remains on point with the characters personalities. There is even reference to the 1916 Jersey Shore shark attacks. Although, I will say that the one thing I wasn't expecting was a romance between The Complication and Nookie. Even that was funny though. Plus Joey Fatone guest stars in the movie, and then get eaten by a shark which is just hilarious. The way the Jersey Shore cast tries to kill sharks in the beginning really made me go "hmmm.. I can totally see the real Jersey Shore cast doing this." I mean they used fireworks to try and kill the sharks.

Graphics:
It's a B movie, so don't expect awesome graphics that are realistic. Anytime someone gets eaten or bitten by a shark there's lots of spurting blood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Sharknado, July 6, 2014
L. Gordy "Hotdog" (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This is the greatest shark movie ever made! If you enjoyed Sharknado and Sharktopus you will love Jersey Shore Shark Attack. I would say it's even better than Sharknado because these are characters you can really care about and root for them to win.

3.0 out of 5 stars tongue in cheek parody of shark movies, January 9, 2014
...this with a Jersey Shore veneer. I liked it enough that I will watch it again. It was fun to count how many people were pulled in. Not a seriously scary movie. Some humor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth renting..., November 24, 2012
Acting is poor.... very very unrealistic even for Syfy... is not worth the cost of renting.. do not promote this

1.0 out of 5 stars worst movie, October 6, 2012
This was so bad --unbelievable--hard to believe someone actually spent money to make this--Would not recommend--it is not even 1 star this should get a negative rating

3.0 out of 5 stars i loved it but, September 14, 2014
THis movie has it all funny sharks and guidos theres some parts of movie thats boring but if you have a sense of humor youll love it i sure do i watch it everyday sharks are so unrealstic tho they look so fake

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 23, 2014