4.0 out of 5 stars great trench coat love how its satin
this trench is beautiful, it is well made and fits true to size i got the small and iam 5'4'' 133lbs and its fits perfect
Published on November 16, 2012 by Heth

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great trench coat love how its satin, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Jessica Simpson Women's Satin Double Breasted Full Skirt Rain Jacket (Apparel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but..., April 30, 2013
I really wanted to like this coat, but I just don't think the quality is quite right for the price. While the cut of the coat is cute and the fit is true to size (I'm 5'8" and 140 and had ordered the Medium), the thin satin material seems like it's going to pill/show abrasions fairly quickly. Another downside is that the coat cannot be washed, it says Dry Clean Only. That's way too inconvenient for my lifestyle (running around with two little kids all day). Also, it's a rain coat but doesn't have a hood, another minus. Last but not least, one of the buttons popped right off when I was wearing it for the first time and turned around in the car to look at my child who was sitting right behind me in the car seat. The coat went straight back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product and overall I'm very pleased, March 7, 2013
I'm really quite pleased with this jacket and it's price is particularly good. I purchased the "cherry" and whereas I do like the color, its a little more vivid and orange based than "cherry" normally indicates. So it isn't a blue-based red, it's a very true red and very bright. However, that is fine by me, it's just something to know.

Do be aware that the product runs small though. I'm a size six, I purchased the medium and wearing two layers underneath the torso was very fitted on me. Not uncomfortably so, it's just worth noting because I usually run a size smaller through the top, so generally a four fits. The jacket actually fits me very well, but it's technically supposed to fit someone two sizes bigger than I am well. I'd suggest buying a size larger. I do like it a lot though and the price is very good. Other trenches I looked at were far more expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars J Simpson coat, October 25, 2013
This was a cute coat. I liked the flair in back. But I will need to rerun it too as it's too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing jacket!, May 13, 2013
I literally cannot wait for rainy days just to wear this jacket, but the only thing is that it doesn't come with a hood.. but then again it isn't hard to buy an umbrella.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can dress it up or down and feel sexy!, May 28, 2013
I ordered this dress for a wedding in Chicago over the past weekend. I knew the weather was going to be in the mid 60's, chilly and raining, so I ordered it on Amazon last minute. The jacket got here quick! Very impressed! I was hesitant as to what to wear with my wedding attire (I wore a dress that was knee length and wore beautiful flat sandals even though I knew it was going to be cold. This jacket was perfect!! Kept me warm and dry.. and it looked very elegant with my dress. I also wear it out with Jeans the night before the wedding and everyone complimented me on how gorgeous the jacket was. I am 5'5 and weigh about 150lbs.. so I ordered a XL. I am top heavy so I thought it would be ok.. it was a bit large. I would recommend this jacket for sure. For a even more slimming fit, I would have ordered a Large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Jessica Simpson, June 28, 2014
I will admit it: I was a skeptic, and a scoffing skeptic, at that.
I had witnessed the train wreck that was episodes of "Newlyweds," I was aware of the "Dukes of Hazard" travesty... yes, I was too much of a snob to get involved with Jessica Simpson's products when they first came out. Fast forward about 5 years... well, I am officially an addict. Her dresses, handbags and, of course!, shoes are simply outstanding. This was, however, my first outerwear purchase. Whilst the material of this piece does have a bit more of a sheen to it than I was expecting, it is FAB! Tailored, stylish appearance and the colour is gorgeous. I do wish the belt was either A) shorter and/or B) came with more optional openings for buckle to go through (that is the only aspect of jacket that does not seem to fit well (i.e. close and snug as I would like) but this is a rather minor issue).
Anyone familiar with JS clothing, knows that, oftentimes, the fit is a bit slimmer than other brands; I ordered a Medium and, at at a size 4-6, it seems just about perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, February 26, 2013
This jacket fits me perfectly! The jacket appears just as it is shown in the picture. My only con is I wish it had a hood.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for it to rain!, March 27, 2014
A little small in the upper arms and chest, but the color is beautiful and the material is very nice. Love the way the bottom flares out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ran small, June 11, 2014
I love the coat and will keep it but it did run a bit small because of the high waist

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›