Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Jesus Calling - Deluxe Edition: Enjoying Peace in ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 46% off the $21.19 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Jesus Calling - Deluxe Edition: Enjoying Peace in His Presence Leather Bound – July 11, 2010
|New from||Used from|
"Devotions from the Front Porch" by Thomas Nelson
Peaceful devotions alongside beautiful photography. Check out "Devotions from the Front Porch".
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
“I’ve given this beautiful book to so many people I love, and I’ve come back to it myself again and again. I’m so thankful for what God has done in my own life and the lives of people I love through this extraordinary book.” -- Shauna Niequist, , bestselling author of Bread and Wine and Savor
“My friend gave [Jesus Calling] to me years ago, and it has become part of my daily devotional. I’ve bought every Sarah Young book since. They just meet the needs of the heart.” -- Kathie Lee Gifford, , host of The Today Show, author, singer, and actress
“Jesus Calling has been such an inspirational tool in my daily walk with Jesus. I was first introduced to Jesus Calling three years ago, and since then, I’ve given countless copies to friends and family in hopes that it will help them in their spiritual walk as it has in mine. This book perfectly encapsulates Christ’s love for us, and it supports each message with scriptural evidence.” -- Sean Lowe, , ABC Television’s The Bachelor and author of For the Right Reasons
“This simple book illustrates the art of biblical meditation and the power of God’s Word in giving us daily strength for daily needs. Jesus Calling is a phenomenon, as we’d expect anytime Jesus is calling.” -- Robert Morgan, , bestselling author of Then Sings My Soul and The Red Sea Rules pastor of The Donelson Fellowship in
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
I chose "Jesus Calling," a devotional by Sarah Young.
I was drawn to the content based on a few tweets from others reading the devotional. I grew up in my faith with the Oswald Chambers classic "My Utmost for His Highest." I love my online devotional time on the Jesuit site [..]--one of my favourite experiences on the web. I also love Henri Nouwen's "Bread for the Journey."
Now "Jesus Calling" is fast becoming another classic in my life. Sarah Young writes what she hears Jesus speaking to her in her spirit. She has honed her listening through years and years of writing in her journal and being attentive to what the Spirit wants to say to her.
As I have spent time in "Jesus Calling, "I have heard Jesus speaking to me many times in beautiful, fresh ways. Sometimes I hear Sarah's personal filter--she is the pen, the messenger, after all--but I also recognize this as the voice of my Shepherd.
Here are a few of my favourite calls:
* "Rest in My Presence, allowing Me to take charge of this day. Do not bolt into the day like a racehorse suddenly released. Instead, walk purposefully with Me, letting Me direct your course one step at a time."
* "You are on the right path. Listen more to Me, and less to your doubts. I am leading you along the way designed just for you."
* "You must discipline yourself to live within the boundaries of today. It is in the present moment that I walk close to you, helping you carry your burdens.Read more ›
I've been plagued with financial problems of trying to replace Mother's aged equipment and the odds seemed insurmountable and the page I had opened to read like it was a message just for me . . . I found myself saying 'OK, God, if this is a message, I hear you . . . if not, it can't do me any more damage that I've already got and I got the book. Only later did I notice that the page I randomly opened to was my Mother's birthday.
Each day I read and each day I feel a little more peaceful . . . I have always believed in God, but I don't remember ever being so positively moved and a couple wonderful things happened today, 5 days after I started reading.
Not poetic, just straight forward writings as if the words come from God and the Bible verses written at the bottom of each page to back up the message. I'm so glad I bought it and I've already told friends about it so they could get one too.
Many of these short sayings that Young puts in the mouth of Jesus are things the Lord would say and has said to me during a life of listening to Him, reading the Scriptures, and keeping a journal. How often have I heard Him remind me to worship Him alone, to trust in Him at all times, and that He is always with me. To hear these words as if they are Jesus' own can be beneficial to the soul.
However, there are 4 reasons I can give "Jesus Calling" only 3 stars and not 4 or 5 stars, (even though I'm vastly outnumbered in the reviews on Amazon).
1. Young has Jesus say only a limited range of things compared to what God actually teaches in the entirety of the Bible. I love to hear Jesus say things like, "Relax; Trust Me; Listen to Me; I am with you; I am calling you; and Wait for Me." But this seems to be all that Young's Jesus ever says. Where are the specific commandments of Jesus, and not just "affirmations"? Where does this Jesus ever talk about the practical ways we should love our neighbor, and not just love God? And why is it always a solitary call to be alone with Him, when we're called to be the Church?
2. "Jesus Calling" shows Young's bias and doesn't have Jesus say the hard things He must often say. Where are His reminders and commandments to seek forgiveness and to forgive, to love regardless of the cost, etc? This Jesus doesn't seem ask us to do anything difficult or to sacrifice very much. It's all "You are on the right path.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you want to be blessed, read this little book, and gain so much insight of Jesus.Published 8 hours ago by MICHAEL JOHNSON
Bought this for a gift for a confirmation gift. Love the adult version!Published 18 hours ago by D. Hennings
I've read it everyday for the past two years. Its message never gets old. I'm a much better man now because of this book.Published 1 day ago by Dennis K
Each day's selection offers spiritual promises that encourages surrender to God.Published 1 day ago by Mary