Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2007 3:17:15 PM PST
Sprinky183 says:
I've had the origal cast version of Jesus Christ Superstar for more years than I remember. My question....Is there a DVD of their rock opera with the "Origanal Cast" of Ian Gillan. You have to think that they performed it....and that SOMEONE filmed it!!!!! Please, if anybody knows more about this, please write.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2008 3:21:31 AM PDT
A year and a half late and a dollar short. The original album was an opera recording. The first movie with Ted Neeley has a soundtrack. I saw the theatrical version last night at Savannah Civic Center. Ted Neeley still has it, in his 60s. Absolutely outstanding performances, and Judas was unbelievable. This is the final tour and if you get the opportunity to see it, I suggest you grab it.

Sell out crowd last night, and standing ovations. Unbelievable.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 6:12:17 AM PDT
Tom says:
The original cast never performed together. Some of them never met. They just came into the studio, sang their parts and left. Superstar never had an official live performance until the first concert tour opened in the summer of 1971 in Pittsburgh with Jeff Fenholt as Jesus, Carl Anderson as Judas and Yvonne Eliman, the only singer from the concept recording, as Mary Magdeline
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2007
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording)
Jesus Christ Superstar (Original London Concept Recording) by Barry Dennen (Audio CD - 1996)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (206)