5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!
The Jesus Code has got to be about THE best book I have ever read on my spiritual path. If you read the other reviews, there is not much more for me to add in the way of content of the book - I agree with all of the reviewers.
Published on October 13, 2000 by Judith E. Pavluvcik

1.0 out of 5 stars New Age Book About The Antichrist Code
I used to love this book along with other books of the same author. Then I started to learn more about Christianity and now I can admit that the Christian approach and the New Age approach to God, prayer, and spiritual life are different.

Christ says: "Our Father, Thy will be done".
New Age says: "Our Father, my will be done".

Do you see the...
Published 3 months ago by Romanovsky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!, October 13, 2000
Judith E. Pavluvcik (Dreaming of the beach in Hawaii, but living in the reality of the desert in Arizona!!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
This book will blow your socks off and it is one book that you will want to mark up, highlight and copy passages to keep with you daily. I am on the second reading and cannot begin to explain the liberation I feel in the change of my thoughts, letting go of fear and learning how to live in the light. I feel as if a light bulb has gone off and "I have finally gotten it!!!!".
Reading this book, one can feel the love emanating from each and every page - and sometimes you feel as if Jesus himself is speaking to you. The wisdom, beauty, and love are simplistic, yet mankind has complicated the teachings of Jesus. It really is simple - "to be as Jesus" - as Price says. To align your consciousness with God, to let go of fear- which is the way for the ego to control us - to just be in the love and presence of God.
The chapters on healing were eye opening in the sense that we are already empowered to heal ourselves - yet once again fear may prevent us from accomplishing this.
Our indoctrinated beliefs have prevented many of us from truly experiencing all that we can be - all that God has wanted us to be. The abundance that God provides to all is there - we are the ones who have "learned" to limit ourselves. This book will teach you ever so swiftly to "unlearn" your limiting thinking and bring abundance into your life.
Living in joy is what this book is all about - I would rate this book 10 stars if I could - It is one amazing, insightful, and one of the most profound books I have ever read!!!! I am now on a mission to read all of Price's other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jesus Code is Mr. Price's best book ever, May 11, 2000
Alice Saczawa (Mineral, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
The Jesus Code offers a step by step process to gaining Christ consciousness. If you aren't there yet, and are truly dedicated to the spiritual path, this book is most definitely for you.
In this book, the issues we face of living in a world of apparent duality (good vs. evil) are examined. In his straightforward manner, Mr. Price gives you the information and the tools you need to change your perspective and your experience from an earthly, carnal-mind existence into a truly spiritual one, with all the joy, abundance and delight that entails. He covers, in his easy to read way, such topics as rising above karma, understand the solution to problems, understand true prayer, see the highest vision, know the one healing process and heal thyself. He also suggests a process which can be used to bring your experience into alignment with your highest spiritual nature.
I have studied spiritual teachings for years, and read all of Mr. Price's previous books, and this book offers new insights that knocked my socks off. Some of the text was so beautifully written and so moving, it gave me goose-bumps.
This book is insightful, well-written, practical and if you read it and apply these concepts to your life, designed to transform you and your experience. If you are serious about your spiritual development, I recommend the Jesus Code highly - it is Mr. Price's best ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rediscover the Great Teacher, September 15, 2000
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
A delightful and inspirational book for everyone. As we move into the Light, we express this Light in our own fashion based on the beliefs we have from our religious or mystical background. John Randolph Price has rediscovered his links to the great teacher of 2,000 years ago, Jesus. Like Ignatius Loyola's "Imitation of Christ," Price encourages us to "Be as Jesus."
Price had a traumatic dream in which he was blocked access to Cosmic Consciousness by the words ACCESS DENIED on his computer. After thirty years of searching through the mystical experiences of the world, he was totally at a loss to figure out what had happened. He meditated, he read books, he searched through his memory, but nothing would emerge. Finally, he took a break and went for a walk in a forest. It was then that he was given The Jesus Code.
Without becoming doctrinal, Price proceeds to allow you into his secret, and even more, guides you through his meditations to affirmations you can use in a clear step-by-step method, giving you the information and the tools you need to change your perspective and your experience from an earthly, carnal-mind existence into a truly spiritual one, with all the joy, abundance and delight that entails. He covers, in his easy-to-read way, such topics as rising above karma; understanding the solution to problems; understanding true prayer; seeing the highest vision; and knowing the one healing process that really works. He also suggests a method to bring your experience into configuration with your highest spiritual nature.
We are all in the strange position of living in an era when the world is reaching some sort of culmination. The violence, greed, and materialism shaping world history for the past few centuries have reached such proportions that we may destroy ourselves totally, just as the Atlanteans did before us, and also probably destroy all life on this planet.
There is enough wealth in the world to guarantee a good living standard for everyone on the face of the earth. Nor is it necessary for millions of people to die of diseases for which modern medicine has remedies. We have the power to develop clean and renewable sources of energy and prevent the decline of our physical environment. The main barrier we face as a species is found in the present evolutionary level of our consciousness.
If we continue to act out the destructive tendencies from our deep unconscious, we will undoubtedly destroy all everything on our planet. However, if we could succeed in incorporating the values Mr. Price has revealed to us within each Self as our conscious or subconscious guiding principles, and continue this process on a large enough scale, it might result in evolutionary progress that could take us as far beyond our present conditions as we now are from the primates. As our level of aggression decreases, we become more peaceful, more comfortable with ourselves and more tolerant. Deep reverence for life and environmental awareness are among the most frequent consequences of the spiritual transformation that accompanies responsible work with non-ordinary states of consciousness.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jesus Code is a Sacred Gift to the World, September 7, 2001
Edwina Doyle Dozier (Sarasota, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
If you never read another book, read The Jesus Code. John Randolph Price, one of the world's greatest spiritual teachers, writes with authenticity from his intimate relationship with the Higher Power. The Jesus Code offers simple, yet profound solutions to all of our earthly challenges. Price convincingly assures us that we are complete and empowered to enjoy peace and happiness as we recognize the Divine Presence within ourselves and others and as we emulate Jesus as a model for our spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical wholeness. The meditations written for this book are truly transformational! The Jesus Code will remain on my nightstand, because I plan to re-read it many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Are In Deep But Waters With This Book, October 9, 2003
Doc Edwards (Knoxville, Tennessee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
Wonerous secrets and revelations are revealed and explained in this book, secret revelations that until now only a few authors,like Joel Goldsmith, have dared to attempt an explanation. These are the veritable answers to problems that we all have sought and rarely found. In the most concise economy of wording, Mr. Price gives us the distillation of what would take most of us a lifetime to discover. There is no rehashing of old ideas and over-worked philosophies here. This is the spiritual feast many of us have looked for but never found in a thousand other less-adequate books. This is a rich spiritual feast served to us in an unpretentious and simple manner, yet satisfying our spiritual hunger with "the meats ye know not of" that the New Testament so mystereously alludes to. Our mind as well as our soul feels full and more than a thousand times rewarded for the brief span we spent with this incredible book that not only answers but remedies so many life- long questions and spiritual dilemas. Mr. Price is more than just another New Age author; he is a philosopher and spiritual scholar on the same par with such greats as Joel Goldsmith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., January 20, 2004
Yves Makhoul (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
I read this book in 2001, and i must say of all the books i have read from various spirituality writers - this is the one that has had the most profound effect on my beliefs and feelings. Its 100% positive outlook on life, the world and the universe make it a treasure to own.
It definitely is one of those books where you find yourself highlighting various passages to come back to later in in life.
Brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jesus Code is a sacred gift to the world!, September 7, 2001
Edwina Doyle Dozier (Sarasota, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
If you never read another book, read The Jesus Code. John Randolph Price, one of the world's great spiritual teachers, writes with authenticity from his intimate relationship with the Higher Power. The Jesus Code offers simple, yet profound, solutions to all of our earthly challenges. Price convincingly assures us that we are complete and empowered for peace and joy as we recognize the Divine Presence within ourselves and others and as we emulate Jesus as a model for our spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical wholeness. The meditations written for this book are truly transformational! The Jesus Code goes on my nightstand, because I plan to re-read it many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review on the reviews, May 12, 2006
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
I have read all the comments here and the ones that strike me are the ones that are made by folks who are obviously tending toward a fundementalist Christian outlook. I do not begrudge anyone their belief system. However, I am of the belief that some of the way the 'Bible' is taken by current Christian belief is from a fearful point of view, a definite 'ego' based view. I think that if humanity as a whole were to adopt the belief system of this book we're all commenting on, modern religion as we know it would collapse. It would cause a world wide catastrophe of sorts. It would effect everything from economy and beyond. It's sad that for the most part, the world just isn't ready for this. But with books like this being written and read by more and more people, it's a definite start in the right direction. I applaude Mr. Price wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allow God to express through you and Be as Jesus, July 20, 2000
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)
I just completed this book, and it is phenomenal! For those of you on the spiritual path who are looking to deepen your connection with the Divine and learn the sacred art of manifestation, this is an excellent tool. Mr. Price brings us his rich, wonderful experiences and insights in a clear, concise, well-organized format. Guaranteed to move you up in your spiritual consciousness and awareness.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Age Book About The Antichrist Code, October 15, 2014
This review is from: The Jesus Code (Paperback)

Christ says: "Our Father, Thy will be done".
New Age says: "Our Father, my will be done".

Do you see the substitution? New Age books teach us that man's will is more important than God's will or they share equal importance. When Christ prays, He says, "Thy will be done, not mine". New Age prayer is opposite, "My will be done, not Yours". Whose gospel is this? The gospel of Christ or the gospel of the one who opposes God?

New Age is a preparation for the new universal religion, the religion of Antichrist. Its practices are a delusion that leads man into spiritual pride, vanity, and self-importance, which are the common characteristics of self-deception. The result is spiritual self-destruction.

The man who tries to manipulate God (even if he doesn't call it so), ends up with rejection of Jesus Christ. Why? Because he becomes a spiritual manipulator, proud and self-important, who doesn't need the Savior. And any self-important man needs the opposite side, someone who will reward him for his "importance", "righteousness", and "work together with God". NB It was neither sinners, nor thieves, nor tax-collectors who crucified Christ, but scribes, priests, and Pharisees. Outwardly, they were holy, righteous, and self-important. They believed in God, they believed they "worked" with Him, and they were all sure in their own righteousness, holiness, and importance. But it was self-delusion.

Remember, the Gospels say that it was not a scribe, priest, or Pharisees, but the thief who was the first person taken to Paradise. Why? Because the thief humbled himself, admitted his sins, and repented. He didn't look for his own things. He was not self-important. He had no delusion about himself, his sins, and his spiritual condition. He just believed in Christ and needed Him as his Savior.

When we try to manipulate God, making Him to work miracles for us, we become like the scribes and Pharisees who don't need Christ. We reject God's Son, our Savior, because we are more interested in our own will than in God's will for us. We need God not as the goal but as the power to make our dreams come true. And it's very dangerous because we may become so blinded in our pursuit that we won't be able to see our poor spiritual condition. The scribes and Pharisees didn't see their sins. They saw their own holiness, righteousness, and importance. Salivation? The Kingdom of God? Repentance? What's that? Leave it to sinners, thieves, and tax-collectors. "The holy people" want it all. And they want it now! They don't need God. They want miracles. In the modern age - wealth, prosperity, and abundance. BTW, isn't it covetous?

God didn't reveal Himself and His Son in The Jesus Code. He revealed Himself in the Bible. The Jesus Code doesn't know Christ of the Gospels. It's a typical New Age book. Its god is different from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Its god is universal mind, pagan spirit or impersonal deity. It's not the very God Who sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Read the Gospels and you will clearly see that The Jesus Code has nothing to do with the biblical Christianity, Gospels, and Jesus's message. The book's message may look similar but it's not the same. It is not about seeking the Kingdom of God. It's about seeking the kingdom of this world - earthly abundance, health, wealth, and happiness.

Many people who seek Christ, can be easily deceived by The Jesus Code because this book seems to be "spiritual". But again, it's the New Age spirituality, not Christian. It has nothing to do with Christ, salvation, repentance, humility, communion with God, and Christian spiritual practices. It's not that the author has to mention these topics, but when he suggests a path that looks "Christian" and highly spiritual, we must always remember that there is nothing more spiritual than the message of Christ. And the Christ's message is not about abundance, happiness, and prosperity of this world. It's about seeking God's Kingdom through prayer, repentance, charity, humility, love, keeping God's commandments, and fulfilling His will.

I don't know about your church. As for me, I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Not a good one, since most of my life I was a nominal Christian. Only now I started to go to church, read the Gospels, and try to change my life. So, when I compare the author's spirituality to Orthodox Christian spirituality, his New Age spirituality falls short. Orthodox Christian spirituality is Christ-centered. It is the way of communion with God. New Age spirituality is man-centered. It's not about God. It's about us, our wishes, desires, and needs.

Orthodox spiritual life presents the process of a Christian progress on the road to perfection in Christ, by the cleansing of the passions and the winning of the virtues. The goal of Orthodox Spirituality is not abundance but the perfection of the believer by his/her union with God in Christ. And it's opposite to the goal of this book.

According to Orthodox Christianity, there is no other meaning to the life of man except in communion with God. God is not Santa Claus who makes our dreams come true. He is the end of all longing, the fulfillment of all desires, the source and the goal of man's very humanity made in God's divine image and likeness. True joy, happiness, and abundance can be found only in Christ. Through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit, man comes to living communion with God the Father Himself. There is no other meaning and purpose to the Church and to life itself.
(From Q & A Experience of God and Communion with God).

Brothers and sisters in Christ, please be warned. I do not know where The Jesus Code may lead you, but it will never lead you to Christ. Using the method, you may gain the world but lose your soul.

I don't want to frighten you but warn. Compare Christ with Antichrist:

Christ came to save us, redeem us, and show us the way to God. He didn't come to make our dreams come true or to give us wealth, health, prosperity, and abundance. Antichrist can't save people but he will promise and give them wealth, health, prosperity, and abundance.

Generally, Antichrist means he who is coming instead of Christ and is opposed to Christ. He is essentially the opponent, according to the Apostle Paul, of Christ and His world saving work. Antichrist will try to imitate Christ for the sake of fulfilling Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah. Like a wolf in sheep's clothing, he will make a pretense of good, claiming to bring "peace on earth, good will toward men.' Later, he will show his true colors; he will challenge God and demand worship of himself. Whereas Christ was perfect man, perfect goodness, Antichrist will demonstrate the perfection of evil in human form; in submitting his will entirely to the devil, he will be completely possessed by him.

The monks of the Solovetsky monastery pass on the answer given by Righteous Zosima to his disciples when he was asked how the Antichrist could be recognized. Righteous Zosima said, "When you will hear that Christ has appeared on earth, know then that this is the Antichrist." This answer is most precise. "The world or mankind will not recognize the Antichrist, it will recognize him as Christ, it will proclaim him Christ.....

Brothers and sisters, please trust in the Lord and His word (the Holy Bible), not in New Age books. Don't repeat my mistakes. It took me years to realize that the goal of Christian spirituality is Christ, communion with God through His Son, not earthly happiness, prosperity, and abundance. Our life is preparation for the eternal life. It takes more time to learn how to love God and our neighbor than gain some illusory abundance. Let's make God our goal and let's be faithful to the Lord who loves us more than a father, mother, friend, or any else could love, and even more than we are able to love ourselves. (St. John Chrysostom). He never promised us earthly abundance but the salvation of our soul, the eternal life, and the kingdom of Heaven. Isn't it better than anything else?

God bless.

In Christ,

PS Compare the author's mediations with Orthodox Christian prayers. Which ones are more spiritual? Which of them are leading you to Christ?

1 PRAYER OF SAINT EPHRAIM THE SYRIAN

O Lord and Master of my life, give me not the spirit of sloth, meddling, lust for power and idle talk.

But grant unto me, Thy servant, a spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see mine own faults and not to judge my brother. For blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen.

2 Morning Prayer of the Optina Elders, Russia

Grant unto me, O Lord, that with peace of mind I may face all that this new day is to bring.
Grant unto me to dedicate myself completely to Thy Holy Will.
For every hour of this day, instruct and support me in all things.
Whatsoever tidings I may receive during the day, do Thou teach me to accept tranquilly, in the firm conviction that all eventualities fulfill Thy Holy Will.
Govern Thou my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.
When things unforeseen occur , let me not forget that all cometh down from Thee.
Teach me to behave sincerely and rationally toward every member of my family, that I may bring confusion and sorrow to none.
Bestow upon me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day, and to bear my part in all its passing events.
Guide Thou my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love.
Amen

3 Prayer of Philaret, Metropolitan of Moscow (1867)

My Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee.
Thou and Thou alone knowest my needs.
Thou lovest me more than I am able to love Thee.
O Father, grant unto me, Thy servant, all which I cannot ask.
For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation;
I dare only to stand in Thy presence.
My heart is open to Thee.
Thou seest my needs of which I myself am unaware.
Behold and lift me up!
In Thy presence I stand,
awed and silenced by Thy will and Thy judgments,
into which my mind cannot penetrate.
To Thee I offer myself as a sacrifice.
No other desire is mine but to fulfill Thy will.
Teach me how to pray.
Do Thyself pray within me.
Amen.

PPS "The highest form of prayer is to stand silently in owe before God."
St. Isaak the Syrian

"Cleanse your mind from anger, remembrance of evil, and shameful thoughts, and then you will find out how Christ dwells in you."
- St. Maximus the Confessor, Chapters on Love, 4.76

"You see very clearly that it is extremely difficult, and without God's grace and your own fervent prayer and abstinence, impossible, for you to change for the better. You feel within yourself the action of a multitude of passions: of pride, malice, envy, greediness, the love of money, despondency, slothfulness, fornication, impatience, and disobedience; and yet you remain in them, are often bound by them, whilst the long-suffering Lord bears with you, awaiting your return and amendment; and still bestows upon you all the gifts of His mercy.

Be then indulgent, patient, and loving to those who live with you, and who also suffer from many passions; conquer every evil by good, and, above all, pray to God for them, that He may correct them--that He may turn their hearts to Himself, the source of holiness.

Do not help the Devil to spread his kingdom. Hallow the name of your Heavenly Father by your actions; help Him to spread His Kingdom on earth. `For we are laborers together with God.'

Be zealous of the fulfillment of His will on earth, as it is in heaven. Forgive them that trespass against you with joy, as a good son rejoices when he has a chance of fulfilling the will of his beloved father.
+ St. John of Kronstadt, My Life in Christ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Jesus Code
The Jesus Code by John Randolph Price (Paperback - February 1, 2000)
$14.99 $12.37