Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon November 23, 2009
Jesus Lives is a gift style devotional book. The 180 devotions make for a half year of study. The main focus, through stunning first person narrative, is finding and recognizing the powerful, all-inclusive, never-changing love of Jesus. The author captures, as no other devotion I've read lately, a heartfelt tone and feeling. You truly believe these words passed directly to her from the Holy Spirit.

I received the book just before the week of Thanksgiving, so I decided to start reading with the devotions on Thankfulness. Honestly, the very first one I read smacked me over the head! I had to keep reading. Some time later, I realized I'd read a week's worth of devotions in one day. I don't want to stop reading, I only have so I can get the full force of my feelings behind my review.

I want to give a copy of this to every person I know. This book is going to change lives. This book is powerful, Scripture-based Truth from God. I feel blessed just in the part I have read and I cannot wait to read through the entire book.

This book is making me want more. It's making me want that personal, intimate time with God daily. It will be on my nightstand. It will be a daily reminder of the love Jesus has for each and every one of us. It will be read aloud to my children. I will give copies to friends for gifts.

I cannot recommend this book enough. You have to read it. You will not be the same after you have.

I am a member of Thomas Nelson's Book Review Blogger program. I received no monetary compensation for my opinions. A copy of the book was provided for me to read, in exchange for my honest opinions of the book. Go here to learn more about the program: [...]
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 25, 2009
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
"Jesus Lives" is an excellent devotional. Sarah Young tells us in her introduction that she wrote it with a focus upon God's astonishing love for His children." On most topics God's love radiates from the pages.

"Jesus Lives" is different from other devotional books I have read. The format consists of two page devotions (pages facing) for each topic. The left hand page presents the loving concept, while the right hand page gives us quotations from scripture relevant to the topic. "Jesus Lives" is not organized like a daily devotional, but rather by reoccurring themes . The book provides an excellent guide in the front of the text that functions as an index. The book is simple to use and the devotions are very well written.

I like the broad range of topics addressed in this text. I especially enjoyed the commentaries on each devotion. Sarah writes as if God is talking to us. She does an excellent job of presenting God's loving guidance. The recommended way is to read a theme and then meditate upon how to apply the truth to your life. The writing is good enough, however, that I started reading it straight through.

This book is a superior spiritual resource for meditating on many of the questions about faith and the challenges that we encounter in our daily lives. Some of her topics are: Brokenness; Protection; Weakness; Sorrow; Depending on Him; Intimacy with Him; and Thankfulness. Her guidance on each concept is solid and useful.

"Jesus Lives" is an excellent book for Christians. I highly recommend it.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
"Jesus Lives" is a small hard-back gift book by Sarah Young. It is a devotional that covers about 180 days of the year. It is written as if it were a letter from Jesus Christ to the reader. Sarah also includes several appropriate verses after each devotion. This could easily be a devotion for an older teen on up through adulthood.
I would recommend this devotional to anyone who wants to feel close to Jesus Christ. As I read I felt a special peace that only comes by being in the presence of the Lord. Sarah did a good job making each devotional feel like a letter written especially to me.. I truly enjoyed and am still enjoying this book.
on February 28, 2011
I love the way Sarah Young refers to Jesus as if he is talking directly to you in conversation. Her devotionals truly personalize the moment with Jesus. I enjoy her balance of devotional comment to scripture use. One page of each.
on February 26, 2010
If you are familiar with Jesus Calling, Jesus Lives! is very similar. It's a cute little devotional book packed full of powerful Truth!

In this book, author Sarah Young provides 180 topical devotionals (including trust, love, peace, victory, and brokenness). Her writing is taken straight from Scripture, and it as if Jesus is talking specifically to the reader...full of much grace and truth! :)

In her introduction, Sarah reminds us that "we followers of Jesus face a glorious challenge every single day to trust in His love regardless of our circumstances....We must search for and "see" His love in the moments of our lives". I immediately knew this was a book I could relate to! :)

As always, I enjoy Sarah's writing. You can tell that she spent abundant time in prayer and fellowship with the Lord as she was writing this book. I found the topics to be inspiring and helpful, and I appreciated that Sarah included the whole scripture with each mini-devotional (rather than just the scripture address, as in Jesus Calling).

I wanted to love this book and have it be my new favorite ~ instead I will say that it is "really good". (Jesus Calling is still at the very top of my list!) Overall, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. :)

If you've finished Jesus Calling and desire more of Sarah's writings, I definitely think Jesus Lives! is a perfect "Part 2". Sarah's insights are deep and profound, while at the same time, quick enough to pick up and read when time is short (esp. for busy women!).

Jesus Lives! would also make a great gift for anyone you know desiring to grow in their relationship with Jesus. Most of my friends are reading and loving Jesus Calling, so Jesus Lives! is perfect for them ~ I've already bought some and shared! :)
on July 25, 2011
I bought one for me and one for my daughter and one for a friend. We all love the devotions and having the scripture references. I love the feel of the leather bound volume. I may buy more as gifts. Thanks, B.
on June 12, 2011
This book is a gem filled w/ the heart & words of our Lord! I would highly recommend it! I love having the verses written out so I can read them & meditate on them at the end of each writing. This is one of the best devotionals & I love spending time w/ the Lord in this way. Of course, my favorite way to hear from the Lord is spending time w/ Him & hearing from Him directly.
on January 26, 2014
My wife and I bought four different devotionals in this series because they were so inspiring. Then, we decided to read 2 chapters a day from the New Testament along with reading from these devotionals. By the time we finished reading the 4 gospels we found that we were liking the devotionals less and less. WHY? Because when you get to the source (your Bible), you begin to feel uneasy about Sarah Young's style. She writes in the first person of Jesus as if she is quoting His words, but they aren't. They are her words put in His mouth in an effort to make you feel closer to Him and He closer to you. That's a noble goal, but the means, in my opinion should be avoided. We have since stopped reading Sarah Young's devotionals and are continuing reading the Bible at a pace of 2 chapters a day. This has been so much more rewarding as we are at the Source material. We'll stick to reading what Jesus ACTUALLY said, rather than reading from a devotional that puts the author's own words in His mouth. We have decided to read "100 Verses Every Christian Should KNow" along with our Bible and that has been a real blessing. "We worship in Spirit and in TRUTH."
on March 13, 2012
From the author of "Jesus Calling", this a very uplifting book. A devotional that is not organized as a calendar. She picks a subject, example "worry", writes one page on the subject. This is followed by one page of different scriptures and references that fit the subject. I try and read it each day. It draws you closer to Jesus, and that is the best review I can give for any book. Makes a great gift, comes in a very smart looking red leather bound book.
on September 1, 2011
This devotional is in a beautiful red leather cover. It would make an excellent gift for every member of the family. I have already had requests to buy more to give as gifts this Christmas.

The content is excellent! It re-affirms the truth about God's caring guidance in your life. It is deeply mooving. It is written as if Jesus himself was speaking directly to you on topics such as hope, joy, peace, His love, His presence, His sufficiency, and many other wonderful truths. I highly recommend this devotional.