5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and very impactful
The amazingly gifted author Sarah Young is back with Jesus Today. This is her new devotional in the line of Jesus Calling, a phenominal bestseller.

I love the way these readings are laid out. Very simple yet profound d. While reading the Jesus Today book I found that just like Jesus Calling the devotions all hit me exactly where I was at the moment...
Published on September 21, 2012 by Curtis A. Cecil

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful way to add to devotional times
I think it can be inspirational and insightful but would hope those reading it wouldn't substitute it for the Bible itself. It gives food for thought and includes the Scripture written out so I liked that better than Jesus Calling.
Published 18 months ago by Debra Torgerson

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and very impactful, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence (Hardcover)

Ever have I read a devotional that sucked me in and made me want more you really feel as if you are sitting at the Rabbi's feet and he is talking just to you. Instructing you, encouraging you and lifting you up in difficult times.

Here is what the publisher had to say:
Beloved missionary, Sarah Young, shares another deeply spiritual devotional to help readers grow in grace, hear from God, and walk with Jesus TodayTM.
Her first book, the acclaimed bestseller, Jesus Calling®, was born after years of writing in her prayer journal and feeling led to write down what she believed God was telling her. Gradually, her prayer journal turned from a monologue to a dialogue. Knowing that her writings were not inspired as Scripture is, this process still helped her grow closer in her walk with God.
In Jesus TodayTM, readers will be renewed with a deeper sense of hope as Sarah shares this about her spiritual journey in writing the book: "When I began writing Jesus Today, I was deeply discouraged by the failure of many months of intensive medical treatment to improve my health. However, the longer I worked on the book--focusing on finding hope in Jesus--the more hopeful and encouraged I became."

This is a must have book and a great gift for friends and family.
JESUS IS CALLING YOU TODAY.... ARE YOU LISTENING!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practicing the Presence of Jesus Speaking, October 16, 2012
Written by one who has personally entered the trenches of illness and despair, and how she finds healing and hope, this book offers 150 devotional entries on how Jesus can be experienced today. Having suffered as a victim of Lyme disease and its coinfections, plus a bout of brain fog due to hyperparathyroidism, Young admits that if not for her own trials, this book will never have been written. She writes with one particular kind of reader in mind: the discouraged, the down, and the desolate. In the process, she invites others into the conversation, in the hope that different people will learn something from her sharing. More importantly, we all learn to experience Jesus's presence even when we are going through hard times. Each devotional piece is written in such a way that Jesus is the first party speaking, while the author is the second. Readers are free to eavesdrop or listen into the conversation. At the end of the brief session, several verses from the Bible are listed to strengthen the theme of the message. Actionable points are italicized for readers to pay extra attention to.

I find the words in the devotional packed with the author's personal experience. It takes one who has gone through substantial trial in order to be at peace with the practice of the presence of God. It gives healing for the soul, that amid the physical pains and emotional struggles, there is comfort by knowing that Jesus cares. It gives encouragement to one who is down and out. It provides a way for one to channel anxiety and unhelpful worries into trust and hope in God. Above all, the devotional affirms once again that God is not only able to work a miracle, there is more: God's very presence. When Jesus speaks, it is not simply about words flowing from mouth to ear. It is about the Word becoming flesh and dwells deep within our hearts. It is about experience and knowing that God cares, right where we are. One can also use the book as a praying device, getting a partner to read aloud the words of the devotional, after one has cried out in prayer to God.

This is one kind of a book that does not talk about the Christian life. It literally lives out the Christian life.

Rating: 4.5 stars of 5.

conrade

This book is provided to me free by Thomas-Nelson and NetGalley without any obligation for a positive review. All opinions offered above are mine unless otherwise stated or implied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, inspirational and easy read, October 14, 2012
I was given the 'Jesus Calling' daily devotional book last Christmas. It has become a mandatory part of my daily life. There have been some very devastating circumstances in my life over the past 6 years - included, but not limited to, the death of my only brother and baby sister. I ordered this book a little over a week ago and it goes so well with the 'Jesus Calling' book that I am truly amazed. It offers extra insight into God's peace, love, compassion and caring for us and gives the reader more tools to deal with everyday life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some hearty chicken soup for the soul, August 9, 2013
It may be small in size but Jesus Today is a powerfully comforting book for those who find themselved in need of hope and encouragement during times of great trials. Ms. Young chose to use complete scripture verses- instead of just listing the 'address' as was done in Jesus Calling. If you don't happen to have a bible to look up the scriptures, here they are all written out for you. I like this feature a lot. Unfortunately there aren't 365 devotional in this book- which I personally would have liked. Nevertheless, it's a great book and I love being able to read it on my iPad with the Kindle app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope, March 5, 2013
This has been a powerful source of comfort and hope for our family. Each day I read I feel like the message was written just for me and my family. Adversity is something we all experience and this devotional helps us see the hope and peace that comes through a faith in Jesus Christ. There is nothing we experience that Christ hasn't experienced and overcome. This book was so powerful in my life that I have shared and continue to share it with family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Today, November 22, 2012
I love the book and the author. Praise God for Sarah's work directed by our Lord. It is very meaningful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Young and Jesus make a sublime team :)., January 13, 2013
As with Sarah Young's bestselling "Jesus Calling", this small book (just the right size for your hand, and to carry with you when traveling or even in the car) is a gem containing a great and powerful depth of wisdom. The theme of hope in Jesus Today is one to which most of us humans can well relate, as challenging experiences are a part of pretty much everyone's life experience at some time or another. Here are "faith, hope and love" - the three greatest things in our world. Buy this, and give it to most people you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful tool, January 18, 2013
Margaret Bates "M. Bates" (Healdsburg, California USA) - See all my reviews
I continue to read and love Jesus Calling every day. I bought this book for my sister so we could share them. These are not a subtitute for being daily in the Bible, but they seem to prompt me to hear Jesus speaking to me in his word. Jesus Today will help the depressed or hopeless person gain new hope and trust in Jesus. We often fail to see the usefulness and blessing of trials to call us back to or closer to Jesus. Are we truly relying upon Jesus to provide and lead us?

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Today, December 7, 2013
I look forward to reading it as a daily devotional. It is the first thing I do every morning before I pray and spend time with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Today, March 19, 2013
A great little devotional - this is my 3rd Sara Young devotional and I really enjoy them. Always good words for the day and quite often very applicable

Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence
Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence by Sarah Young (Hardcover - October 9, 2012)
$15.99 $12.13