Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

What DID Jesus really preach? Does anyone know?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2007 1:47:47 PM PDT
I find it quite interesting that Jesus said in Luke 4:43, "I must preach THE KINGDOM OF GOD to the other cities also, for I was sent for THIS PURPOSE."
Isn't it fascinating that preaching the Kingdom was Jesus' purpose, yet the world is so confused to what that concept really entails? Ask yourselves, why don't we hear preachers and teachers using the words and quotes of Jesus, but instead, change the terminology to say what society has evolved into believing, rather than what Jesus actually said and preached?

I have written a brand new children's book, now on the market, "Maggie Seeks the Kingdom of God" that attempts to unveil this simple Gospel that Jesus himself preached -- (Matt. 9:35) -- check it out....you might just find the pieces of the puzzle that you are searching for.
Seek first the Kingdom of God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2007 6:06:19 AM PDT
aave says:
have you ever read the writtings that didn't make it into the bible? I've read some but there is so much, one good site I've found is http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/
this site has links at the bottom of the page that are interesting too

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2009 10:16:23 AM PST
I wondered about that too. Why Preachers and Christians don't want to talk about Jesus' central message-Kingdom of God?
Looks like preachers intentionally steer his listeners away from Jesus' central message therefore Christens are not aware of this is the central message of Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2009 4:26:21 AM PST
I am reading the most interesting book right now. "Surprised by Hope" by N.T. Wright. I'm only on page 54 right now, so I'm not exactly sure where he's going, but I can't put it down. Have you heard of it?
I've also found a website that has some interesting audio and video of debates called www.christianmonotheism.com. I hope I spelled that right!
Good stuff! And I think Christians everywhere should be called to question everything and continually keep studying, learning, and examining, because truth is important!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2009 11:37:26 AM PDT
Don't look for it here...and there. The kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17.

Posted on Mar 26, 2009 6:22:34 PM PDT
ScottH says:
Jesus preached that God is real and has His own abode (spiritual abode).... That man is made in His image (ie Gods form is like ours)... And the process to attain God is by glorifying and singing the name of God. Coincidentally this is EXACTLY the same as the Indian Vedic scriptures profess .. including the Bhagavad Gita (The instructional song of God) and the Srimad Bhagavatam (The auspicious stories about God and His associates)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2009 6:57:51 AM PDT
"Process to attain God?" not sure what you mean by that? Would you like to explain further?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2009 6:59:24 AM PDT
Do you not believe that the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven (same thing) is not a physical coming reign and rule of Christ on the earth in 'the age to come?'

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2009 7:00:29 AM PDT
Why do you think preachers "intentionally steer" their listeners away from the Gospel of the Kingdom message?

Posted on Dec 26, 2009 5:16:59 PM PST
bogtrotter says:
I think preachers who steer listeners away from Jesus' literal "Gospel" message do so because they do not know how to relate it to the lives of ordinary laypeople who unlike the inner circle of Jesus' disciples, have not given away all worldly goods to the poor and taken up their cross to follow a Gospel teaching intensively. In this they are like the young man who "went away sorrowing, for he had much goods," after having first failed to heed the Master's initial answer to his question about attaining "eternal life," namely "that do (keep the Commandments) and thou shalt live," instead inquiring further, "...What lack I yet?" Jesus told him "If you would be perfect..." but those preachers know their listeners are not ready for a more intensive teaching, and do not know the art of making the connection between their lives and the original Gospel message. It must be admitted that this is not easy. Angela Hays Moore's children's book (Maggie seeks the Kingdom of God) may well be worth a look. I am surprised that more readers do not approve of her posts.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 4:35:25 PM PST
Mod Rocker says:
jesus the magician... best book ever... for open-minded people

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 10:52:39 AM PST
jpl says:
aave says: have you ever read the writtings that didn't make it into the bible? I've read some but there is so much, one good site I've found is http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/
this site has links at the bottom of the page that are interesting too

jpl: Thanks for the cite reference, aave. I've been interested in the missing parts of the holy books from a historical view for some time. The cite is invaluable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 11:08:56 AM PST
jpl says:
ScottH says: Jesus preached that God is real and has His own abode (spiritual abode).... That man is made in His image (ie Gods form is like ours)... And the process to attain God is by glorifying and singing the name of God. Coincidentally this is EXACTLY the same as the Indian Vedic scriptures profess .. including the Bhagavad Gita (The instructional song of God) and the Srimad Bhagavatam (The auspicious stories about God and His associates)

jpl: Other examples exist about "Messiahs" (teachers) who predate Jesus. They can be found not only in the Vedas, but also in Egypt. The Messiahs, of which there were several, all had 12 followers, were worn in a barn or manger, had three wise men come to the birth scene, were crucified, and rose in three days.

Check out the book "Christianity Before Christ" by John G. Jackson. This book will give you several examples of where Christianity got its "Messiah" ideas and gives some other fascinating information about some of the origins of Christianity.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about