Able to power through a range of materials, the Jet 414458 HVBS-56M horizontal/vertical band saw is great for your home shop. With its high capacity, swivel vise, and robust 1/2 horsepower, 115-volt motor (which can be rewired to 230 volts), this band saw gets the job done quickly and efficiently. It also comes equipped with a 1/2-inch carbon steel blade and an adjustable material stop and vertical worktable.
Moves around the shop easily with two large wheels with adjustable leveling pads (view larger
Horizontal/Vertical Band Saw
At a Glance:
- Heavy-duty 14-gauge stand with large-diameter wheels and built-in handle
- 1/2-horsepower, 115-volt motor
- 1/2-inch carbon steel blade
- Adjustable material stop and vertical worktable
- Two-year limited warranty
Designed to provide consistent performance even after years of heavy use, the Jet 414458 HVBS-56M band saw offers a heavy-duty 14-gauge stand with two large wheels and a built-in handle for easy movement. Its front legs provide level and accurate cuts thanks to adjustable leveling pads. With its 1/2-horsepower motor, the 414458 can easily cut through aluminum to steel. To help prevent accidents or loss of control, the saw automatically shuts off after each cut.
The 414458 has a vise that swivels up to 45 degrees, as well as a throat depth of five inches, enabling you to gain more flexibility and control over each project. You can set the speed at 80, 120, and 200 feet per minute--whichever best suits your materials and job. For added durability and longevity, the saw features a ball bearing-supported blade wheel, fully adjustable ball bearing blade guides, and a heat-treated and ground steel worm gear with bronze drive gear. It's backed by a two-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
One Jet 414458 HVBS-56M band saw, and operating and assembly instructions.
- Motor: 1/2 horsepower, 1 phase, 115/230 volt (prewired 115 volt)
- Round: 5 inches at 90 degrees; 3 inches at 45 degrees
- Rectangle at 90 degrees: 5 inches by 5-3/4 inches; 2 inches by 6 inches
- Rectangle at 45 degrees: 4-1/2 inches by 3 inches
- Blade speeds: 80, 120, and 200 sfpm
- Vise swivels: 45 degrees
- Blade length: 64-1/2 inches
- Throat depth: 5 inches
- Blade wheel: 7-3/8-inch diameter
- Dimensions: 19 inches by 44 inches 57 inches
- Weight: 121 pounds
- Warranty: 2 years, limited