Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on September 20, 2012
I must say this antenna is one of the best in its classification from personal experience. What we as consumers should understand before buying an antenna or any product is whether or not the purchase fits our needs. This antenna is probably easily picked up by those who are pleased by the aesthetics, but lacked research on what type of antenna works the best for them. Because my family is located around the Pasadena area in CA we have no use for a large outdoor antenna. I have been testing out different indoor antennas over the years from tacky rabbit ears to other "invisible" antennas. The Jetsquirrel is advertised specifically designed for indoor use and the 40 mile range is more than sufficient for an antenna of this size so it is absolutely perfect for my home. I have it tucked behind my daughter's piano facing north and I am receiving more than 100 channels, which is phenomenal for a unit this small. Not only is the design impeccable, the installation was very simple and we are receiving all the stations we want to watch.
on February 5, 2013
Why do I prefer the Stealth Antenna over the Mohu Leaf or any other indoor antennas? The first apparent difference is in appearances. While both companies boosts how well their respective antennas can conceal, the Stealth is truly the antenna with a humble appearance. Anything having to do with aesthetics is really up to individual taste, and I am personally not a fan of how the Mohu Leaf is laminated and reflective on both sides. This looks quite tacky because it does not really match any walls (unless some people have plastic walls), which the Leaf is purposely designed to blend into. The Leaf is also at least sixteen times the size of the Stealth Antenna. This leads to the second issue: why can the Stealth Antenna reach ten more miles than the claimed 30 miles by Mohu Leaf when it is THAT much smaller and more compact? Again, both companies proudly advertises that their antennas are omni-directional, which means less adjustments are necessary. However, the Leaf can only pick up UHF signals while the Stealth is able to pick up VHF and UHF. Sure, the Leaf offers two versions of the same product, the second version costing twice the original price to have an amplifier so it can increase its range and quality. The amplifier is like the company's acknowledgment that the original prototype did not have optimal pull on signals, and it ruins the whole covertness in the Plus that was previously promoted for the original. It has to also offer USB usage because the Leaf Plus is even larger and needs to be plugged in. As hip as having a USB plug in may sound think about how useful this is in a regular living room setting, not very. The Leaf Plus markets its USB in gadgetry for less power consumption when the television is off, but the USB is only needed for the amplifier on the Plus. Realistically, the Plus is using more power than needed compared to the Stealth, which is why it needs an USB to conserve power. The USB may be a new concept and an interesting accessory, but clearly unnecessary. My last point is that there's virtually no difference in pricing between the originals when the shipping and taxes are accounted for so I can't bring myself to bandwagon on the hype for the Leaf when the Stealth Antenna is clearly a superior product. Perhaps the Stealth Antenna is still being overlooked because it is newer on the market, which is why I fully dedicated myself to this review. I want people to be aware that there's a better indoor antenna, and it's the Stealth Antenna.
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2013
I don't think one can blame all the reception problems to the antenna. The HDTV reception also has lot to do with the strength of the signal and the landscape. So I believe the other reviewers when they say this antenna has worked really well for them.

I live in Los Angeles high rise (surrounded by other high-rises) and this antenna doesn't work for me. I tried the antenna in various positions. What's more, the HDTV signal is very sensitive to environmental changes. For example, I would get a disruption to my HDTV signal whenever I walked by the HDTV.

This antenna is very small. It is about as long as a typical pen with a width of a typical USB drive. It is also quite light.

The reason why I gave this antenna 3 star review (and not less) is because I don't think my experience with this antenna would be similar for everyone else.

Pros:
1)Very small and light.
2)Easy to install and it can be hidden behind the HDTV.

Cons:
1)I had very poor reception. But the quality of any antenna reception depends greatly on the environment.
on March 22, 2013
It comes with a 6 foot cord. I simply velcroed this to the back of my TV and it works great. It finds all the channels in my area. Glad I did some research. This was highly recommended and it works as advertised for me.
on October 31, 2013
I had an RCA amplified rabbit ear set that was broken. I was looking for a cheap replacement since I only use the antenna as a backup. I decided to give this a shot and it was well worth it. I would recommend it. It should be noted I live in a somewhat rural area. A few trees and approx 18-20 miles from station antennas. Receive 2 each of ABC, CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, WB, and 5 PBS.
on November 6, 2012
I finally made the jump from cable to just a regular antenna. I thought I would miss all my cable shows, but really nowadays, I don't watch that much TV, just news early in the morning before work, and sometimes the football games when my friends come over. The picture is very sharp and clear. Some stations do get jumbled up every now and again. I talked to one of their antenna customer service person to see what the problem might be. They recommended that I do a channel scan after trying to mount the antenna in several places. I noticed that originally I had mounted it close to my home theater receiver, and that I picked up more channels when it was farther away. The customer service reps were very friendly and patient with me, as I'm not the most tech savvy person. All in all, I am very satisfied with my purchase, and would recommend this antenna.
on December 7, 2013
This little device is amazing! Like many I was tired of paying so much for so little on cable tv. I tried a store-bought HD antenna with"rabbit ears" but it needed constant adjustment and we didn't like the look. It was like the proverbial elephant in the room. I tried another that a friend recommended. It worked better but was still unsightly. Then I saw this little device on Amazon. The reviews were good so I tried again.

We live over 20 miles from most of the broadcast stations and we are in a pretty hilly area. With the Jet Squirrel we receive over twenty stations including ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and more. The reception was so good that I tried it in the basement too. No problem. It's almost invisible and the reception is wonderful. So I bought a second Jet Squirrel.

This device along with a Roku type device means we save about one hundred dollars a month in cable tv fees. The only thing I can't get is espn but I can get most of those programs on my Sprint phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Not ideal but good enough.
on March 24, 2013
I just received this antenna today, and I love it. I used to pay $90 a month for cable. What a waste of money! I hooked up the Stealth antenna in minutes and scanned the channels. At first I was doubtful that this tiny antenna could work. But to my astonishment after having scanned the channels, this little antenna really works! I live in Southern California, and I get excellent reception for my local channels, public TV channels, and two dozen foreign language channels. We have 2 TVs and I will buy one more for my other TV. Why pay so much for cable! I have Netflix that only costs me $8 a month and there are plenty to watch online especially in news and sports. I also got rid of my cell phone that used to cost me $50 a month just for calling and texting with a 2 year contract. Now I have a prepaid no contract phone that costs me only $20 a month.
on January 13, 2013
This antenna is so small and sleek looking that I fell in love as soon as I saw it. powerful enough to get all my local channels but it's not constant. One day you get some channels and other day get different ones. But I watch only news so it ok with me because I can always watch on the available channel, other than this problem I am happy with my purchase.
on July 10, 2013
Very disappointed with performance----my location is only 12mi. from Phila. broadcast towers which broadcast all 32 channels from two towers only 1 degree apart, ie, 129&130. After many hours over many evenings, I could not find a position to install the antenna that would bring in all available channels without some interference. I had to move antenna
to a 2nd position to bring in the effected channels clearly. Bottom line, the product did not perform as advertised