Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > 10 Great Songs forum

Jethro Tull new album... 10 great songs... but... WHICH TEN SONGS?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 3:41:35 AM PDT
I thought I had read that, too, that it was in fact a JT album and Martin is on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 6:24:41 AM PDT
I've also heard that Martin is on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 7:33:36 AM PDT
Martin Barre was not involved in any way in TAAB2, sadly. He even says as much on his website

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 3:20:59 PM PDT
Did he say why he wasn't involved?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 4:02:44 PM PDT
No official word that I have seen, though there was an interview with IA where he talked about Martin's distaste for recording in studio...which seems, frankly, absurd given Martin's past catalog with and without JT and the fact that he's recording a double album now. Who knows; maybe his solo work took front burner.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2012 9:08:24 PM PDT
S. Wilson says:
I agree with you, Olen. I am also a songwriter of many genres

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 3:20:24 PM PDT
This "10 Great Songs" series is just a Capital Records re-hash to try an make some $$$$. Ian Anderson had NOTHING to do with it and probably doesn't know it exists! He's been too busy working on Thick as a Brick pt. 2. I will say that they picked some good songs, hopefully Minstral in the Gallery is the full-length album version and not some "single" that's been cut in half. No way to tell until someone buys this and lets us know :-) This is just for "new" Tull fans to get a taste of the bands material. About 10 yrs ago they would of charged $9.95 and we would have thought it a bargain. Today these small best of packages are only $5 (that's because they can produce them for about $1).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:06:05 PM PDT
J.G. says:
tese are alternate mixes and live shots ~ Good stuff all around

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:09:07 PM PDT
J.G. says:
"Better than the originals..." Well, different readings of the originals. If you're stuck in thinking that only the versions you've already heard must be the "only" versions worthwhile, it kinda limits your musical experience...To each his own.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 11:09:39 PM PDT
J.G. says:
Nope. Different band. And good.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 8:08:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2012 8:10:02 AM PDT
DCTR6 says:
NO, it's not! The cover clearly states "Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson". Oh and by the way, TAAB2 sucks out loud.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  10 Great Songs forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
10 Great Songs
10 Great Songs by Jethro Tull (Audio CD - 2012)
3.1 out of 5 stars (8)