5.0 out of 5 stars RUN RUN RUN TO GET ONE --- LOVE IT!
OMG.... i probably spent 3 months researching electric bikes/mopeds/electric scooters/etc..

MY CRITERIA:
1) wouldn't require a license, fees, etc....
2) felt more substantial than a bike
3) felt less scary than a motorcycle
4) cost less than $5000 ( i was willing to spend alot more than i eventually spent on this jetson)
5) could get me...
Published 6 months ago by Motherteet

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience with Jetson - the company and the bike
Published 7 months ago by Howard E Springsteen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars My experience with Jetson - the company and the bike, September 16, 2013
This review is from: Jetson Eco-Friendly Electric Bike, 41-Inch (Sports)
I did not buy my Jetson from Amazon, but directly from Jetson. I received the bike right on the day they said it would come. I had ordered a bike cover with it, and the storage compartment that goes over the second seat. I never received my bike cover, and the storage compartment was pretty cheaply made. I e-mailed Jetson the day I received my bike and let them know about the missing cover.

I got the bike ready, and charged up the battery. This took well over 6 hours not the stated 4. I rode the bike around for the weekend and it rides really nice. My eyesight is not the best, but the display is large enough for me to read, which is great. I think I got about 25 miles and the bike top speed was dropping from 20 mph, down to about 15. So I figured the battery must be needing a charge. I was not worried about getting 40 miles to the charge. I am quite a bit over 200 lbs and knew I would not get that range. I took the battery out and plugged it in to charge for the second time. The light on the charger went from green (stays this way until you plug it into the battery) to red (charging) and then after just a few seconds the light went out completely. I was worried that something went wrong and after an hour or so I checked the charger and the light was not on, and the charger was cool to the touch. It warmed up pretty good when it was charging the first time. After about 4 hours I wanted to see if it was charging at all and put the battery back in the bike. No charge at all. I called Jetson the next day (Monday) and let them know something was wrong. I did not hear back from them so I called them on Tuesday as well. Again on Wednesday, then a few days later and then again a few days after that. I have had the bike for over 2 months now and they have never returned my calls, or the e-mail I sent on the day I received it. I can never get in touch with a real person, just an answering machine.

I got so frustrated that I went on the web and found the charger (from one source in China) and ordered it. It was 53 dollars and I had to wait about 6 weeks for it to show up. I am riding the bike again. I like it, but I am pretty angry at the company. I will keep trying them to see if they will make things right. If they do, I will come and update my review.

I am updating my review on 11/16/13.

I was contacted by Jetson after this review, and they have made the situation right. After this review my bike had a catastrophic failure. (I think it was the motor, but am not sure) I let their rep know what happened via email and Jetson sent me another bike. They also reimbursed me for the charger I bought on my own, and for the bike cover that I never received from my original order. I am very happy that they did finally contact me and make my situation right, but am frustrated still that the whole thing took so long to get right.

5.0 out of 5 stars RUN RUN RUN TO GET ONE --- LOVE IT!, September 29, 2013
Motherteet (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Jetson Eco-Friendly Electric Bike, 41-Inch (Sports)

MY CRITERIA:
1) wouldn't require a license, fees, etc....
2) felt more substantial than a bike
3) felt less scary than a motorcycle
5) could get me to gym, grocery store, etc... and back (eg. i could go up to 40 miles on a single charge)

THE PEOPLE IN MY HOUSE WHO WOULD BE USING IT
-- male and female both in their 50's. male is 150lb. female is 110 lb.
-- male teen. 190 lbs.
-- female teen. 130 lbs.

RESULTS
-- all 4 of us love it. it meets our criteria above -- and each one of us can ride it.

BENEFITS WE FEEL
-- resolves car issues in the house (4 people, 2 cars)
-- we didn't spend as much as we were going to
-- it is cool
- MY TEENS LOVE RIDING THIS FOR THE SOCIAL "OOH-- AAAH" value --- THIS SHOULD NOT BE UNDERESTIMATED.
- PARENTS LOOKING FOR XMAS GIFTS FOR KIDS -- THIS IS IT!!
-- the 2 adults (weighing 260 lbs) can ride it together

WHAT ELSE DOES IT NEED (THAT WE PLAN TO PURCHASE)
-- a wind guard (not sure if one is made) updated --- there isn't one -- but maybe in the future jetson??
-- mirrors for safety -- can't find them but i guess we can buy standard bike ones
-- helmets --we'll use our current bike helmets
-- storage -- found out jetson has a compartment for $89. it's cool and slick and i'm ordering one (amazon doesn't offer it though). it could be bigger -- but i say that about containers, houses, closets, men..... whoops.... just kidding!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my bike, October 11, 2013
Herds (WEST HENRIETTA, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I've had the jetson bike (in white) for a little less than a month, and I so far love it! I wanted a electric bike to get to and from school/work and possible run some errands. I use it about 10-15 miles a day, so I wanted to get an electric bike over a regular bike since I have bad knees.

I've gotten a ton of compliments from people saying they like the look, and the fact that its electric. It also fits very nicely on the bike racks at school/work. The speed limit for most of my ride is 30 (although everyone goes about 40), so alot of traffic passes me, but I normally commute during less busy times for that reason.

A few things are a little different than stated by the manufacture, they weren't a huge deal to me, but someone might like to know:

-I've found to get a full charge on the battery, it takes about 8 or so hours.
-With a full charge I get about 30-35 miles before the battery quits
-The pedals are nice to have as an extra foot placement and its nice to get a little exercise while you're using the power, but its faster to walk the bike than pedal if the battery goes out.
-Here in Indiana we don't really have any hills, and so on a full charge it goes about 22mph (I'm about 130lbs), there is one 'hill' (the bridge that goes over a highway), and I find it will slow down to about 18mph when going up that.
-It speeds up quickly at stop lights/signs, I find that I go just about as fast as a car does.

I've had two big 'cons' of the bike - they still aren't even a huge deal as far as the bike goes, but they are something to consider, and its why I gave it only 4 stars:
-The battery gauge next to the speedometer is totally useless. It will show I have a full charge (5 out of 5 bars) until I only have about 3-4 miles to go. And with every bar thats lost, I'll loose 2-3 mph, so by the time I'm at 1 bar left, I have less than a mile to go and I'm only going about 10mph. So unless you're keeping track yourself of how much you've used it, its pretty hard to tell when the battery is going to die out on you.
-I normally drive into work before the sun comes up, and although the bike had a tail light, its pretty hard to see (from a car behind you) until they are pretty close. I've gotten honked at a few times, as people say they weren't able to see me. I've now added a couple extra reflectors and a light to my jacket/bag so that I'm easier to see, but it would be nice if the taillight was a little brighter.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone, as long as the items above don't bother you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very capable little bike, September 19, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This bike is quite fun to ride. My wife got the hang of it right away. It is fully capable of carrying 2 people. It can handle modest hills. I haven't taken it more than 7 miles total because the rains came. However, the battery still showed full charge at the end of several short rides. It does 20 mph handily. Letting it coast down hills should extend the range and recharge the battery. (The web site says it recharges if you pedal, so coasting should do the same.)

Update:

I took it out again today. Hauled a package to the post office. Saved $2 in gas. Should add up after a while. Went about 10 miles total and the battery gauge still shows full charge.

Customer service contacted me by email today and resolved an issue that I had at delivery. If they follow through on their promise to me, I will be a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It should get 10 stars! Additional info added to review, June 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I eagerly awaited the arrival of my new Jetson Eco-Friendly Electric Bike and when it came 2 days early (thanks Amazon!) I was super thrilled. The package is huge and almost forbidding to open, but it was easy to see why once I began the unpacking. Everything is carefully wrapped in foam, bubble wrap, and padded with cardboard boxes and pads, enclosed in heavyweight cardboard, all mounted on a wooden pallet. There is no way this bike could sustain damage in shipping! A fantastic packaging job.

Once all the unpacking was done there was this beautiful bike, gleaming white. I found the instruction manual explaining how to attach the pedals, inflate the tires, adjust the brakes, oil the chains, etc. Guess what? That was all done already. The only thing I had to do was charge the battery, and guess what again? It was fully charged. What a great company.

I jumped on the bike and took it for a ride around the block. Riding it was effortless and 20 mph was fast enough to be pleasurable without the risk of higher speeds. It took small bumps without their being noticeable, turned smoothly, and was a fantastic first ride. Returning home all the teens were waiting for their turn. 5 of them, in turn, took about 10 minute rides and no one wanted to end their turn. Lots of days ahead for riding, though, so it was good for each of them to have a turn. Each and everyone loved the bike. It is going to be the hit of the summer.

The only drawback for me was the throttle, and it didn't seem to bother the youngsters at all. It is very sensitive to touch, and if you hold onto the right hand handle (throttle) while mounting the bike it is easy to turn it slightly and the bike accelerates. I had to learn to get on holding onto only the left hand handle bar. A small negative and as I said, no one but me noticed the problem.

A great bike, a great toy, a great tool to get around on nearby errands.

Added to initial review on Sept. 4, 2013

The Jetson just delivered one more benefit. Our 17 yr old Senior High Schooler had wanted to ask a certain girl to the big Fall dance, but lacked the courage. (You girls do scare us, you know, right?) So, he took a ride over "close to her house" after school and found her sitting on her porch. Pulling the bike up to the porch, he asked if she would like to go for a ride. The bike is so cool looking no one could say no! After the ride, she asked him if he had a date for the dance. Wow! Talk about coming home on a cloud! The Jetson did it! The only drawback is now I have to pay for a tux for the dance :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cotton Candy Pink (Light Pink) - LOVE IT!!!, September 21, 2013
Arty (Sunshine State) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I purchased this bike during the lightening deal. I have to say that I just LOVE this bike. It gets up to 21-22 mph even though it says max 20. I've taken it up steep inclines and it stayed at a steady 19-20 mph. Although eBikes don't require registration, I decided to get a personal tag that clearly says 'e-bike'. It looks so much like a moped/vespa, I didn't want to run the risk of getting pulled over.

My only complaint is the company's lack of customer service. I had a couple of questions so I called and all you get is an answering machine when you call (during 'office hours' too). They did eventually return the call. I've given them the benefit of the doubt, but hope their availability changes with the growth/success of the Jetson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Awesome!, September 9, 2013
My bike arrived Saturday afternoon. After carefully getting it out of its shipping box and giving it a thorough inspection, I checked the tires, screwed on and adjusted the mirrors, familiarized myself with all the buttons and controls and then took my first ride. It was just awesome!

Since there was a lot of packaging material that I needed to get rid of, I got in touch with one of my buddies and asked if he could bring over his pickup truck. We loaded the cardboard and metal framing and hauled it to one of the local recycling centers. When we got back, he took the Jetson out for a spin. His reaction: "Man, that's a great bike!".

My 30-year-old son and his daughter arrived later. Naturally, he wanted to give it a test ride. Four test rides later, his response: "That's the most fun I've had in a long time. What a great machine!" He's a mechanical engineer and spent hours looking over every element of the bike. He and I both agreed that the design and craftsmanship are extraordinary.

I rode it over to the disc golf course the next day. Naturally, all the league members were intrigued and fascinated. After taking it for a test spin, one of the players said "Man, that's fun! I'm buying one of these."

Bottom line: Thanks! It's everything I expected and then some. It is a superb product. I'm very impressed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kind of cool but alot of disappointing features, February 28, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This is a great concept, but has alot of issues:
- Battery - 40 miles per charge is probably going down hill. I've had to charge it two times since i've got it in a two week period for 14 miles each charge. I weigh about 180 lbs. Battery indication shows either full or oh crap i'm about to run out of charge.
- Lack of power. Must pedal to go up modest hills.
- Manual was probably written in Chinese and translated directly to English.

Updated based on seeing other reviews. I believe this is false advertising with 40 miles per charge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what they advertise, February 24, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
My husband has been riding this bike for about a week now, mainly to work and back. He's a big guy, about 200 pounds, so we didn't expect this bike to top out at what is listed. The reality is much less than expected, though. The speed is okay, he maintains about 15 mph. The problem is the distance the bike is stated to go. He works eight miles away. He should easily be able to go to work and back before needing a charge. If he doesn't charge the battery at work though, it will die on the way home. A rep told me that the average is 15 miles for distance. That is far less than the 40 advertised. He tried to ride it to a friend's house 20 miles away, and got stuck halfway having to find a place to plug it in. Definitely not worth almost $2000 to go 10 miles. It's fun to play with, but not even close to being worth what we paid for it. We purchased a different bike for our teenage daughter. Hopefully that one will perform better, will find out after she gets it for her birthday in April.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great E Bike, November 1, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
My daughter got this to replace her X-Treme Scooters XB-502 Electric Bicycle. This out preforms the XB in every way. We've had plenty of problems with the XB and not much help from their tech support, but even if the XB was preforming flawlessly this Jetson has it beat hands down in range and carrying capacity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›