5.0 out of 5 stars Jewel Quest Solitaire is amazing
Jewel Quest Solitaire for the kindle is very similar to the PC version of the game which I love. The game movement is very smooth and intuitive and there are 70 unique levels which makes it a great value. If you like solitaire games- this is one of the best on the market.
Published on September 26, 2011 by slimwolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Addictive
I'm playing this on a 2nd Generation Kindle and my first thought was that I'd prefer to see this on a somewhat larger screen with color.

Published on December 20, 2011 by C. Thilmany

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewel Quest Solitaire is amazing, September 26, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars ~It's complicated, in a good way...., November 30, 2011
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
Hard to describe this game.
Solitary with Majong mixed in.
Has posssibly hundreds of different layouts.
Have played with it for many hours & have reached the 40th one.
Difficult to put down....

3.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)

This is basically a solitaire card game using jewels instead of suits with a lot of different layouts, and wild cards that can either increase your points or cause other things to happen. There are up to 10 profiles that can be played at once. I'm just playing one. You can't move on to the next layout or level until you've mastered the prior one. But once a layout has been mastered you can go back and play it again at anytime while under that profile. But since I'm on my first profile and not playing another, I'm more interested right now at getting through the different layouts and levels than I am about points, so that will definitely change for me once I've opened up a new profile.

I play a couple of versions of Jewel Quest on my PC, so when I saw this game for the Kindle at .99 I figured what could it hurt. Well my controller hand for one thing, since I have trouble putting it down. You use the 5-way control to select a card on the board to move. The product description says that the game is intuitive this way, but that's not always the case. I've often found that you can't get to a card taking what appears to be the most direct path which means more use of the 5-way to go to different cards to try to reach the one you want. I even had one case where I couldn't reach the card from a movement from any other card and had to abandon the layout and start over.

The game loads in horizontal mode, and once loaded you can't change the position of the screen, meaning I'm always stuck with the 5-way controller on one side, being used by one hand. It would be nice to be able to swap the view so the controller can be used by your other hand once in a while. Of course if you don't have addictive issues when playing a game, this won't be as much of an issue.

I'd love to see this game available for a colored touch screen, like the Kindle Fire, and a way to turn off the instructions when playing on a different profile.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, except, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this game at first, but now I've been stuck at level 9-1 for a few weeks and just can't seem to get past it. I have even got down to 1 card left on the board several times, but I just can't seem to get past this point. Am I doing something wrong? I wish the 9-1 level included the same-suit wild card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Solitaire Game, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
Jewel Quest is a great solitaire game. The deck shuffles so you are able to replay any card layout to increase your score and the graphics are great. I did not purchase my Kindle for gaming purposes but it is nice to have dimensional games to play. I am currently on level nine with no problem. The only thing that could make this better is the bonus games that are available on the online (POGO) versions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
Really hard to play on the older Kindles that you cannot touch and mvoes the cards. I recommend for the Kindle Fire, or one of the newer Kindles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game!, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
I have had no problems at all with this game. I am using Kindle keyboard. Hard to put this game down, It is a nice break from reading. Add this to your games!

3.0 out of 5 stars Jewel Quest Solitaire, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
This game is fun but it is hard to see in black and white. Would work better with a color kindle. Have this game on my DS and it is much better in color. But fun anyway, just harder to see.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for my Kindle, March 5, 2013
Judith A Bentley (Anchorage, AK, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
Too hard to move around with my keyboard edition of Kindle. It would be great on a touch screen, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars luv it, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Jewel Quest Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
I love how easy Jewel Quest is to play on the Kindle! Also, there are so many levels! It was a great bargain for the price.

Jewel Quest Solitaire