5.0 out of 5 stars A creative puzzle that is unlike any other.
Jigazo is a jigsaw puzzle like no other. It is more like an I-Spy game or a Where's Waldo game. The face of each piece is a different shade of sepia. However, the back of each piece has a different image such as a clock or an anchor. It is these images that you use to assemble the puzzle.

With the included CD, you can take any picture and make a puzzle that...
Published on December 19, 2010 by ecafypah

1.0 out of 5 stars If you can't get the software to work its useless
I've tried installing it on two different computers, using various compatibility modes. One runs vista, the other windows 8. They both get stuck at the same place. The software installs, then you go to run it and it just sits there at the splash screen. I'm pretty tech savvy. This is useless, and there is no web support for the USA.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A creative puzzle that is unlike any other., December 19, 2010
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)

With the included CD, you can take any picture and make a puzzle that matches that picture. The software is really easy to use. All you have to do is load up a photo you have on your computer, select the part of the picture you want to make the puzzle look like, and the program gives you a layout of the pieces to make the image.

It is fun to assemble the puzzle. If you have more than one person working on it, you can each do a different part of the puzzle at the same time. When searching for the particular pieces for your section you can help the other person find their pieces. What is clever is that there are some pieces that can be described the same way. For example there is a "slice of cake" piece as well as a "full birthday cake" piece. Therefore if you ask your friend if they have seen the birthday cake piece, they might give you the wrong one. :-) Where some puzzles can get boring when you get to the part where all the pieces look alike, each piece is unique and it always becomes a hunt for a particular piece all the way to the end.

When assembling the puzzle, it doesn't look like the picture that you wanted it to be at first. However, when completed and you step back from the puzzle, you see the image right away. It is amazing how good the image looks considering how each piece is just a shade of color.

It is one of the few puzzles out there where you will want to disassemble the puzzle and reassemble it again to see a different photo, and it is still fun each time you do it. The pieces interlock very well so you don't have to worry about the puzzle falling apart when you pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a puzzle! Its a game! It's a puzzle! It's a game! It's a puzzle!, December 26, 2010
A. Lieberman (Evanston, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
We're not jigsaw puzzle people, so when we were given Ji Ga Zo as a present, we opened the box with trepidation. How much fun could this puzzle-by-symbol be? Quite enough, it turned out, to keep us up past our bedtime. We couldn't stop fitting in just one more piece--and then another--to watch our grandson's face take shape to our mounting delight. The instructions were simple and the rewards great. It's one thing to finish a puzzle of, say, a landscape but another to complete the face of someone you love. And then, whenever you like, you can choose another face and enjoy the puzzle-game all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars When will they make a bigger one?!?!, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
I LOVE this puzzle. My wife is actually the puzzle-freak, so I bought this for her birthday. I think I've had even more fun than she's had with it. It's very easy to assemble (If you follow the instructions). I think that one review said the images were terrible, but I suspect she just put the pieces together without regard to the rotation of the piece (That would make it look bad). That, or she just put it together and flipped it over (That would be an even bigger mistake).

If you follow the directions, it's extremely easy. The program even gives you a preview of the mosaic before you put it together, so you can judge for yourself if the picture is a hit or a dud.

This puzzle has been so fun, I've already ordered 2 more so that we can split up larger pictures to create more unique and images. Tip: If you're going to do this, it's easy as long as you keep image's aspect ratio to 3:4. That way you don't have to crop anything in the program itself, thereby making it easy to join multiple puzzles together seamlessly.

Here are a couple of cool ideas for this puzzle.

1 Use it to propose ("Will you marry me" could be your image.)
2 Give it as a gift already put together. Include additional printouts for the recipients to enjoy already fabricated puzzle designs.
3 Use it as a surprise way to tell your kids where you're going on vacation this year. Mickey Mouse could be your image; to imply you'll be going to Disney Land.)
4 Decorate your house each holiday with a new image.

I'm sure you could come up with even better ways to use it. And for the price, you could easily get a few. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars grat Christmas or Birthday gift!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
The world Is separated into two distinct classes of people- ones that enjoy jigsaw puzzles and ones that do not. I fall into the second crowd and when given this item as a gift thought "whoopie"(in the most sarcastic sense). Imange my suprise when I had to retract the sentiment! Not only did I enjoy working on this puzzle so did my kids. It was simple to install the software, easy to upload an image, crop it and print the icon map and fun to put together! Mosaic art is it's own style, if you stand back a bit the resulting image is definitely my dog. It says on the box you can redo the puzzle over and over, again my skepticism reard it's ugly head. And again it was squashed.. the pieces are suprisingly sturdy, easy to interlock and take back apart and look like they will indeed work for multiple sessions. I can see buying this item as a gift for grandparents and friends to enjoy. It took us about 1.5 to 2 hours to finish the puzzle and we will be doing it again with the visitors over the holidays. Changing the "map" into a reconizable personal image has a nice suprise factor. And to all my family reading this it does not mean I want to do the 3,000 piece puzzle of the Lichtenstein Castle you have in the closet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and clever!, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
My 12 year old son got this for Christmas and it was very easy for him to do-- downloading the program, uploading the photo-- it is all very simple to do. The puzzle took him a little while to build, and of course it is best viewed at a distance-- but quite a cool toy! We are planning to buy some for birthday gifts this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ji Ga Zo is amazing fun...I love it!!, February 3, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
I have put this puzzle together many times and every time I am amazed at what I see. Truly an awesome puzzle. I love jigsaw puzzles and Ji ga zo puts a new twist on it. You never get bored because it is a different picture every time. One time I will work it line by line then next time each color individually. I highly reccommend it to anyone who loves jigsaw puzzles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool puzzle for the whole family, March 7, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
We got this puzzle as a gift and our whole family enjoys it. The kids, 7 and 4, are able to put it together with help. It teaches math skills like reading a grid and finding coordinates, and matching shapes and patterns. It is very cool to see the pictures. You do have to stand back and see it from a distance. It also photographs well. Close up it does not really look like the image. I love that it is reusable. It is definitely a great rainy-day project that keeps the kids away from the TV. Thanks Mom for this gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars This puzzle is awesome!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
I just gave this to my kids (ages 10 and 6) today as a Valentine's Day present.

Upon receiving it, I installed the software, and uploaded and printed out 4 different keys, in order to make 4 different puzzles (the whole installation / generation of puzzle keys was SUPER EASY). Kids didn't know what image each of the legends would make (I didn't print the title or thumbprint on the legend), so they arbitrarily picked one and we went to work. We soon became addicted to working on it! It was fun for my younger child (6) to mainly look for certain-colored-pieces that we called out for. Good exercise for her - to find the intersection of the row letter and column number where a piece went.

It didn't take us too long - maybe 2 hours total? - to complete it, with 2-4 of us working on it at various times throughout the evening. My 10-year-old-son was thrilled that the picture was, coincidentally, of himself. Like the directions say, once you look at it from a distance of several feet, the image then becomes much clearer. My daughter can't wait to do the puzzle of herself, so we will do that tomorrow.

I can't speak to the durability of this puzzle since we have only put it together one time, but the pieces seem to be pretty sturdy. It would be nice if as you're putting the puzzle together, the pieces could lock into a base of some sort, because we found that it's better to put pieces together that are next to each other, or they would just get moved around - but this doesn't prevent me from giving this a 5-star-rating.

There are VERY few things I buy without thoroughly reading extensive reviews, etc., etc., but as soon as I saw this puzzle on TV, I was intrigued by it, and bought it right away. Glad I did.

Great item!!!! The whole concept of this puzzle is genius!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Cow!, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
This is amazing! I got this as a gift and have tried it with a few images. I honestly thought you'd have a few odd pieces at the end that just look out of place but it really is remarkable how well it comes out! I'd recommend this for any puzzle fan or even person who likes logic games. My uncle loves logic puzzles and I can see him trying to figure out how the creators figured it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best puzzle ever!!, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Ji Ga Zo 300 Piece Puzzle - Sepia (Toy)
We bought this today not expecting great results, but we were amazed! We could really see the faces. They were best viewed about 4 feet over the table. The directions are very specific. Each piece has a color and object to code it to the map, and you have to pay attention to which way each piece is turned - but the results are well worth it! My 3 year old helped us sort the pieces and hunt for specific objects. The older children (8-13) all had a great time putting it together. It was a fun family event. So far today we've done 4 and are working on our 5th photo. We posted pictures of the finished puzzle and are getting lots of positive feedback on our facebook page. Everyone can tell who the pictures are. These just went on sale at a local store and we are heading out tonight to buy them up and put them aside for Christmas presents for family.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›