Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 26, 2013
So far so good. I bought these to replace some original 250mah rated ones in the same size with the hopes of extending the operating time of some solar lights. They have met my expectations so far and I thought the price was reasonable for lithiums.

There's some poor reviews on these and maybe I just got a good set, but I think the issue that disappoints people with solar lights is that they need a long day of full sun to maximize run time. The batteries aren't magic and if you don't have enough light to charge them fully, you'll get limited use. For some solar lights with very small solar cells, even with full sun, you may not have enough charge output to take advantage of the higher capacity battery. If you have your lights in a shady area, you probably won't get the run time you hope for. You need full Southern exposure for the best results. If you don't have that, solar lights may not be for your regardless of the batteries. I think that is why there are mixed reviews on these.

In my experience with these, I have gained some run time on nice sunny days, but not so much when it's cloudy or overcast. The particular lights I'm using have a solar cell about twice the size of many you see. At least in theory, the larger the cell, the more it's charging capacity. But keep in mind, the charge rate on all of these is very very small.

I think these are decent batteries but they may not cure your issues. The size of the solar cell and the amount of sun the installation gets is key to how well solar lights work.
on August 19, 2013
I placed each of these batteries into my 2 post cap solar lights. One of the 2 batteries worked and the other lasted for about 2 weeks, then it died. By the time I installed them and let them run for a couple of weeks, it was past the 30 day warranty so I am stuck. (My last batteries lased for 2 years!) I tried to return them, but the Amazon vendor will not allow me to return the defective product. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Over the many years that I have been a happy Amazon customer, I have never had an issue with returns... until now! How can you know if a battery is OK if you only are allowed 2 or 3 weeks? Especially in a solar light, which these batteries are designed for!

Poor product and poor return policy (30 days)! I gave this 2 stars because 1 of the batteries is working... so far.

UPDATE!!! I have downgraded this review from 2 stars to 1. It is now one month later and the second battery has died.

I am now using Ultralast UL14430SL-2P batteries from Radio Shack... They seem to work great so far!
on July 8, 2016
For the price of these batteries and there reliability I would say look elsewhere. I purchased my first set a couple weeks ago and 1 of the 2 batteries did not work. I asked for a replacement battery and they insisted I send both batteries back, which I did and received a refund. I placed another order and received two more batteries and upon installation both worked. Now a week later 1 of the 2 batteries has stopped functioning and at this point have decided to just call it a loss.

It seems that you only receive 50% of what you purchase and so I give this product a 2 star review. For the price and what you receive it plain and simply isn't worth it.
on July 16, 2016
I have been searching for weeks for this type of battery, finally I found it here, The price is a bit steep but since it is the one I needed for my backyard lighting I went ahead and ordered them. My item arrived quickly and upon arrival I placed them in my solar lights and they immediately lit up, They have continued working for several days now with no issues, so far I am happy with my purchase.
on June 29, 2014
They are the Original Equipment Battery and they hold their charge very well. I have several lights that use this battery and if and when I need to replace the batteries I hope these are still available.
on November 7, 2011
These batteries are hard to find. They work just like any other batteries. Bought this through Amazon for grandparents to use overseas.
on June 28, 2016
Ordered 3 packages (6 batteries) and only 2 batteries worked. Two batteries blew as soon as I insert them in my solar lights and the other two didn't work. Too much trouble to send them back. Will never do this again.
on March 25, 2012
I too bought a solar set of lights to put in my backyard landscape. The 1st set of lights lasted a few months after purchase then they all went out, I called customer service and they sent me a new set, the warranty is only good for 1yr. Now it's a year later and out of 12 lights only 1 works. These batteries are poor quality and overpriced. You don't have to use this brand; you can use cheaper solar rechargeable batteries and get the same results. All these rechargeable batteries are cheap, made in China batteries so why pay more than you have to.
on April 14, 2012
As a positive person, it hurts me greatly to say anything negative; but to save money for the next consumer, I must. Bsckground: I purchased an expensive solar floodlight from lowes with battery included. It never worked. recharging doesn't help. Had to purchase a new brand of battery to confirm it wasn't a defect in the solar light. bingo! Please save your money and do not buy this brand. You deserve to be immediately happy with your purchases.
on April 26, 2016
Unless something strange happens that prevents these batteries from working a good long time, they instantly lit up some solar lights my daughter gave me. I see they are rechargeable except I do not have a charger for this kind of battery. I have rechargeable batteries for just about everything else but these kind of batteries!