Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 97 questions
votes
Yes, I use a plastic hanger bc the wood can stain your clothing. There is a spot to hang next to where you hook the hose at the top. Love this steamer. Word of warning, do not leave water in it when not in use. After each use, I take the water bucket out and allow it to continue steaming until the water in the machine is gone. This prevents spores from growing and prolongs usage of steamer I believe.
Sep 12, 2014 by Chelsea Green
votes
It would be extremely tricky since there is no hard surface to "press" a crease. Even if you had one of those cushioned wall boards, I don't think you could steam a crisp crease.
Jul 28, 2014 by Piper
vote
I asked Jiffy about this. The rep said that the 2000 is preferred because the water bottle is locked in place. He said that the J2's water bottle is just held by the gravity of the water in the bottle and that when the water gets low, it can leak slightly. He also said that the j2000 fits under a counter better, as the water bottle is lower profile. Mine just came in the mail today!
Jun 11, 2010 by T. Lilienthal
vote
It depends on where you live. Some states have soft some states have hard water. If you live in an area where the water is not hard (high in calcium, magnesium, etc.) then you don't need to use distilled water. If your iron has not been building up deposits then you should not worry about the steamer either. Hope this helps.
Jun 17, 2013 by Semihg
vote
shirts May 1, 2014
I personally think this steamer is good for shirts especially the wrinkles. If you want something that quickly presses out your clothes then I will recommend jiffy. But if you want the starchy look of shirts then I guess a regular iron would do you best . On a scale of 1-10 and ten being good I will give jiffy an 8/10 for shirts.
May 1, 2014 by Danielle
vote
does it spit water Jun 17, 2013
I've never had it happen. Usually steamers do that only when the handle is vertical.
Jun 17, 2013 by ADC
votes
votes
votes
I'm sure it would work - but there are cheaper options. One thing to point out is that it's better to steam from the inside outwards. Hope this helps you out.
Jan 5, 2014 by SRC
votes
This machine puts off a lot of steam. It does a fantastic job but unless your house is very dry, I think that you would be left with a fairly damp comforter if it's not hanging up where it can get air to both sides.
Nov 14, 2012 by Vickki
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers