Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

75%
25%

on January 9, 2013
I am a disabled young woman, and brought this jigsaw puzzle table as I hoped it would ease a lot of the strain to my back that I experience when working on my jigsaw puzzles at the dining table.

Although this jigsaw puzzle table is advertised as being a useful aid for someone who is elderly or has a disability, there is certainly no way I would have been able to put this together myself. My husband put this together for me.

It took about 75 minutes to assemble. The instructions were a bit confusing at times, and it wasn't always very easy to locate the parts that were being referred to in each step. There are 5 steps, but over 15 components that need to be assembled (including screws, connecting parts, etc). Also, the instructions were printed on very faded ink, so they were somewhat difficult to read. Some of the parts of the image were barely visible.

As I watched my husband put this table together, I was concerned because I didn't know how the tabletop could fit my jigboard 1000. (This product IS advertised as being used with either the jigboard 500, or the jigboard 1000.) The height of the jigsaw puzzle table is not as high as the jigboard, and there is a lip at the top and bottom of the table which seems to imply the jigboard is supposed to slide between the two. This certainly adds stability, but the jigboard 1000 is absolutely far too wide to fit between the upper and lower "lips" of the table top. My husband had to unscrew the upper lip of the table so that my jigboard would fit into place. The product video posted of this product clearly shows the jigsaw puzzle table being used in this manner, though my husband noted that the lip he had to remove didn't seem to be intended to be removed. There was nothing at all mentioned in the instructions about this. (Perhaps a jigboard 500 would slide between the two lips without any problems - although I'm not certain about that...)

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the box in which the jigsaw puzzle table came in actually lists the item as being an "over chair table". Based on this information, I can only conclude that this product was not actually specifically designed for completing jigsaws - it is merely being marketed and sold for this purpose by Jigthings. This would further explain why the upper "lip" of the table-top doesn't appear to be meant to be removed - it wasn't. That's why there's no mention of doing so in the instructions.

There are a few other things that concern me about the overall design of this table. Firstly, the wheels add a height to the table which means that it cannot fit underneath my couch or armchair - as my couch and armchair's legs are both just too short. I am having to work at my jigsaw puzzle table from a dining chair, which is somewhat uncomfortable. Secondly, the legs are rather wide apart, and the feet stick out quite far and are something of a tripping hazard. I think that the feet of this table could have been shortened a few inches, and there still be plenty of stability for the table.

Once it was assembled, I placed my jigboard onto the jigsaw puzzle table. The jigboard is larger than the table-top, which I expected (and I don't mind that too much, as it stops this table being overly bulky) but I must say that it seems rather unstable when set in place. This jigsaw puzzle table was supposed to be designed for elderly and disabled people. I, and I'm sure a lot of elderly and disabled customers alike, have a lot of trouble standing and getting in and out of a chair. Because the jigboard seems to be secured by nothing more than a shallow lip, I worry that accidents will happen when I get up from working at the table. There haven't been any accidents yet, but the board certainly has been wobbled a few times when either my husband or I have brushed a little too close past the edge of it.

Time well tell, I guess.

Jigthings are onto a good idea with this jigsaw puzzle table. I hate to be negative about the product. Their jigsort and jigboard are both excellent products and I am very happy with these items. The jigsaw puzzle table has not immediately won my heart, however. The table is not as disabled or elderly friendly as I had hoped it might be. Its feet stick out far too much for my liking, and are a potential falling hazard. The height and angle of the table top were difficult for me to adjust without help from my husband. The breaks appear to be useless - they are very difficult to access as they are positioned on the back wheels of the table. When locked in place, they do not stop my jigsaw table from sliding backwards at the slightest nudge -- the only thing the breaks seem to do is stop the table sliding from side to side.

UPDATE: I've been using this jigsaw puzzle table now for a few weeks, and have completed three jigsaw puzzles on it. Overall, the jigsaw puzzle table has eased a lot of the strain and discomfort I experienced whilst working at the dining table, and for that, I am very pleased with this product. However, the price does leave me somewhat in conflict - if I had to replace the table in the future, I think I would. For me, the benefits of it far exceed the problems. I've learned to work at the table in a place where it isn't going to get nudged, and now that I have it setup at the most comfortable height, etc, there's no need for me to worry about having to ask my husband to adjust it for me. For almost $200, I can't help feeling it was a bit over-priced; considering the breaks seem useless and it was such a nuisance to assemble (and required a bit of "custom" assembly for removing the upper lip on the table-top in order to fit the jigboard). Having a table that tilts certainly makes working on a jigsaw much more comfortable, but I'd consider checking around for a similar product at a better price before buying this one.
on September 8, 2009
This is a advert showing the Jigthings Puzzle Table in Use. The Puzzle Table can be used for an whole range of uses including reading writing and even eating your tea on.
The most comfortable way to complete a jigsaw!
We would recommend buying the Puzzle table along with a Jigboard unless you have a suitable alternative.
on March 22, 2015
This was for my mother and she is very happy with the table and Jigboard 1000. Sturdy and easy to move around the house when needed. Quality in all aspects.
on March 7, 2015
great product, works well wih the jigsaw puzzle case
on December 4, 2014
Quality of materials were very good. Expensive, but for the intended multi-use it appeared ideal. The problem I ran into was that the height of the table top was still too high for a 94 year old Mom to sit up to at her cottage couch! I thought that this would be ideal for her to work on her puzzles, write letters, and even eat in front of the TV. Well, it is too tall. She is barely 5' tall and couches are not made for the legs of the table to go underneath the couch. So, she looks like she is eye level with the working surface of the table. The legs are adjustable but only upwards. This will work for taller people, but check your chair/couch heights before buying. Also, again the shipping was promised for a particular date, the tracking email dropped out for a number of days and than magically re-appeared for delivery 4-5 days later. It arrived in good condition, but got lost somewhere in the USA! Again, order early and expect the worst!
on March 25, 2015
Great accessory for my elderly mother! We can wheel it to her when she wants to work on her current challenge and easily move it out of the way for meals, etc. It's short enough not to block the television and securely holds her puzzle board.
on February 11, 2015
this work great for puzzles. it was easy to assemble.
on July 11, 2015
Bought this for my mother who is in assisted living - exactly what I wanted. Works well in the level position for eating and the tilted position for puzzles, reading and writing. Base is wide enough to fit around a recliner in the upright position.