Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on September 6, 2011
I may be biased because I am a fan of Jillian since the 30 Day Shred came out and I have all of her DVDs, but I got to say, she does not disappoint on this one. I consider myself advanced and I felt the burn on Level 1. Like she said, if it is too easy, just add weights and problem solved. But even without weights, it burns.

The only thing I noticed that was inconsistent is it says the workouts are 30 minutes long, but they are actually between 40-45 minutes long (Level 1 about 40min, Level 2 about 42min and Level 3 about 45min). I guess if you don't count the warm-up and cool-down, then they are 30min of strict strength/cardio training.

And for those people that get annoyed and actually pay attention to what she is saying, she complains a lot about people saying on Facebook and Twitter that her workouts are too easy and how that pisses her off and she mentions that a few times. Not a big deal, but I know people get annoyed about stuff like that.

If you own her other DVDs, you will notice she incorporates a lot of the moves from 30Day Shred and Ripped in 30, especially on the Level 3 workout. That being said, it doesn't feel like you are doing the same workout as in the other DVDs. I like that these workouts focus on the lower body because I am sure they burn a lot more calories.
77 comments|371 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2014
One of my favorite Jillian DVDs! I definitely felt the burn (even after doing 30DS and Ripped in 30 in the 60 days before) and had fun. I did this workout 4 to 5 times a week for 3 weeks and most of my cellulite was gone and my butt is noticeably firmer and more lifted. Definitely worth the $
0Comment|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2011
Would there be any doubt that we would receive nothing but a tough workout from our beloved trainer? Yes, she still makes you want to reach through the TV and occasionally give her a smack down (with all the muscles she helped you form) but alas, you keep pouring it into your workout. I'm an athlete, 43 years old, mostly run trails and circuit train daily (with one rest day) so am in good shape but have room to improve (we all know staying fit is nothing but a ton of WORK - fun WORK.) I've been looking for something that focuses more on the backside and could barely wait all weekend for my Amazon package to arrive today. Even if you have not been an athlete or if you are trying this as a beginner, just take your time, honor yourself, and follow the beginner in the video. Just stick to it.

This quick review is about workout 1 and 2 and I did them back-to-back tonight. I may update later w/workout 3 but I just wanted to write quickly to say that Jillian herself says she lies (!) about time - of course (and thankfully so) the workouts are a bit longer than she announces in the beginning. Lots of plank work, variety of lunges (curtsies), front/side/back kicks, some plyo work, working with the chair (step-up to back lunge), side planks with inner thigh lifts, old school mat work. In workout II I really loved the single-leg burpees back to plank and then back up to single leg and jump or the single leg squats with corkscrew overhead press with jump. I was sweating big time in Level I - I wouldn't recommend anyone skip this one because it is a great challenge and of course, with Jillian, you can make it even more intense. All of this can be paired down to suit your level of ability. Overall, for first workout, I had 146 avg hr and burned almost 430 calories in 38 min for workout I. Workout 2 was 475 calories in 38 min. I'm 5'9 and b/t 135 and 140. Pretty awesome stuff. It was just about the same for me in workout II but I did peter out a bit at end after long work day and challenging workout so I tapered off in intensity so as not to lose form.

There was an earlier comment that Jillian rags about naysayers on Twitter or whatever but it's just a fleeting comment and it's no big deal, it's the truth. She takes hits for putting herself out there because people can be mean but this video is just rock solid. The back-up girls are awesome too - prime condition and no messing around. Nothing to gain attention or distract (minimal ego, which is so refreshing.) I'm a huge Inside/Out Bob Harper fan (love those cd's - but some of the folks in the background can be distracting.) The music is familiar, some of the old school mat workout is familiar (think Jane Fonda even, or TA mat work) but it's effective. Jillian calls herself an "artiste" in this one and I believe her - master trainer.

I'd recommend listening to Jillian's podcast. Check out the 3/11/11 post - first it talks about possible nutrition pitfalls of going vegan (I'm not vegan, but have huge respect) and then there is a section of the talk that refers to how she trains and how much time you have to put in. All about combo/hybrid lifts, utilizing all muscle groups all at once - it takes at least 20 mins to release hgh hormones. This is where she calls herself a "liar" about time (of course she says it's shorter than it is) and I love her for that. I'm so excited to just give all of myself to this new dvd and see what happens. Give yourself a treat and get this one, add it to your arsenal (pun intended.)

Update: Finished Workout 3. It's tough but not as tough as 2 in my opinion. It seems to have more mat workout - warm-up was kind of slow compared to workout II. Overall, my avg hr was 143 and burned 385 calories. It just wasn't as intense as I like but i still love it. I think if you're up for challenge combo'ing a few of these like 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 (esp on weekends) would be rocking. You could easily do level III and tag on a run (if you're already in good physical condition.) I have to say that I'm not sore at all (from any of these) but I still have room to grow/improve/challenge myself but I def feel the booty working and I'm dedicated. I hope everyone loves this workout too and sees the results you want! Take care!

Now to enjoy the afterburn. Cheerio!
11 comment|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2013
I coasted through my early to mid twenties with virtually no exercise. Having a good metabolism meant I stayed slim, so I thought I was doing alright. Back then, I mistakenly thought that working out was for people who needed to lose weight or for fitness fanatics..

Well, I was very wrong. When I went to the doctor for a yearly check up and found out my cholesterol was high, I decided to pick up a couple work out DVDs to get in shape.

I started with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I can't recommend that DVD enough. After working my way through level one and two, I decided to pick up another DVD to alternate with Shred. I chose Killer Buns and Thighs, and it is glorious.

Now on level two after two weeks of level one, I can say that I'm getting results from this and Shred. My thighs and bum are firmer but more importantly, I feel healthier. I have more energy during the day and sleep better at night after an afternoon of working out.

For those who are beginners like me, don't get intimidated by Jillian Michaels. She explains the exercises really well. If you're new to Jillian or to exercise DVDs in general, start out with 30 Day Shred and supplement your weekly regimen with workouts like Killer Buns that target your problem areas.

By the way - level two is hard but really fun. Single leg burpees, reverse squats, lateral jumps (lots of jumping, actually). And the ladies do a great job of making you feel like you're there, toughing it out with them. Jillian has her own style of no-nonsense encouragement. It's refreshing and it works. There is this excellent positive energy around level two that makes me get into it every time. Now I can't wait to work my way towards level three.

In nearly two months of working out 4-5 days a week with Shred and Killer Buns, I have lowered my BMI, significantly toned down my shoulders, abs, thighs, and bum, and lost an inch around my waist (something I wasn't even aiming for). I'm going to hit the doctor in a month or so to check out my cholesterol, but after all this work and a couple diet changes (less meat, more grains and greens) I'm sure to have better results than before. Jillian Michaels = highly recommended!
on June 5, 2015
Keeping in mind that I have been working out regularly for 2 years and am naturally thin, my butt and thighs are something I'm not happy with. I'd been doing my butt bible dvd for a couple years and really like it, but just felt that I was at a plateau. So I got this DVD. And I did level 1 on wed, level 2 on fri, and level 3 on the following wed. Literally after neat doing this dvd 3 times I've seen a difference in my thighs. The tone in my thighs and knees in just 3 days is amazing. Jillian is not hard to follow at all, and most of the time I'm doing the advanced,not beginner, workouts. I really love it. I think the HIIT cardio is making the difference. Coupled with the fact that, except for 1 or 2 moves, each level has different moves. So it keeps it interesting. This is my first jillian dvd (I was always too scared of her before! ) but it definitely won't b my last!
on August 22, 2012
I've spent my summer working through Jillian Michaels' videos...30 day shred in June, Ripped in 30 in July, then I started Killer Buns & Thighs for August. I was in good shape from the first two videos, but I couldn't believe how tough Killer Buns was! I do the video 3 days, then take 1 day rest, repeating until I've done each level for 9 workouts. I'm almost through my 9 days at Level 2 and I'm THRILLED with the changes in my rear and thighs!! I've lost a lot of the "fluff" around my upper thighs and butt...I never dreamed at age 44 (after years of "thunder thighs") that I'd get results like this. Yesterday, I grabbed a pair of my 16 year-old daughter's jeans by mistake. Just as I realized I had the wrong pants, my daughter walked in and said,"I can't believe you're wearing my black skinny jeans...but they look great!" You guessed it, I wore them all day! Thanks to Jillian Michaels, I'm rocking size 6 skinny jeans!
11 comment|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2015
I LOVE THIS DVD!! I am a very skinny girl who has never had anything remotely resembling a butt ,so this video made it possible for me to tone and scuplt my booty ( and legs) to be bigger and rounder than it ever has been before! I would have never had a booty without this video; I'm so happy now!
on January 28, 2014
My girlfriend has seen excellent results following this video. She loves it. I just hope she doesn't start looking for a new guy now.
on August 30, 2013
I consider myself to be in pretty good shape. I run, I lift weights, I do martial arts twice a week. I'm proud of most of my body.
HOWEVER...
My German peasant ancestors gifted me with generous childbearing hips and a butt to go with them. Now, I love having hips; I look fabulous in tight pencil skirts and close-fitting pants. I like having a butt, too. My husband also appriciates the fact that I have a butt.
Now, despite my active lifestyle and reasonable fitness, I carry a bit of cellulite in the butt region. With clothes on, this is not noticable. In a swimsuit or nekkid, however, it is. It's a minor thing, but it bugs me. I don't need to lose any weight; I just want to tone up a little better and maybe help banish the cottage cheese. So when I saw this DVD, I went "Awesome" and bought it.
I've never used a Jillian Michaels DVD before. Holy crap. As mentioned before, I work out. I run 3-5 miles six days a week. I take martial arts for an hour and a half twice a week. I lift weights. I can bench press 150 pounds; twenty more than I weigh.
This DVD kicked my ass. My butt and thighs were sore for two days after the first day of the level one routine. I did the more advanced exersizes, but still. Holy crap.
After 2 weeks of using this DVD (I alternate; one day with the DVD, one day without) I can already notice a difference. My leg muscles are more chiseled and...I think...the cellulite is beginning to lose ground! Just a little bit, but still!
Worth every penny. Jillian impressed me. I'll be buying more of her stuff.
on May 13, 2015
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it caused me to gain a lot of weight very fast. After meeting with an endocrinologist and a nutritionist, both recommended that I need to increase my cardio and other high intensity workouts. This DVD has been great for me. My fat percentage on my waist and my legs have gone significantly in two months. Highly recommend for other women struggling to lose weight and looking for a workout to target certain areas.