1,296 Reviews
 (1,052)

1,691 of 1,715 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Can I give this more than 5 Stars? WOW!
Published on February 11, 2009 by K.H. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good workout but...
Published on March 17, 2009 by withparking123

1,691 of 1,715 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Can I give this more than 5 Stars? WOW!, February 11, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
This amazing DVD by Jillian Michaels is a 50 minute workout, including warm-up and cooldown, that includes innovative toning moves to target trouble spots. While not for the true beginner, I think this workout would be good for all levels, because she shows modifications for beginners and advanced exercisers (although sometimes not until halfway through the set). Also, you move at a slightly faster pace throughout, so you get a cardio benefit from this workout as well, although its' main focus is toning your body into great shape. The circuit nature of the workout means that you continue to burn more calories even after the workout is over.

The workout is composed of seven 6-minute circuits that leave no muscle unworked. You can choose to do the entire 40 minute circuit or just select the body parts you want to focus on so you can focus on your "problem areas". Each of the circuits consists of 5 different exercises that you do for 30 seconds each, then repeat the entire sequence for a total of 2 sets of each move. Jillian has a lot of unique, effective compound moves (compound means that you work the upper and lower body at the same time). She uses 3 lb. weights and a mat for the workout but you could adjust the amount of weight to suit your needs and use a blanket if you don't have a mat. I've included a breakdown of all the moves below:

Warmup: Basic marching in place, jumping rope (no rope needed), arm circles, skaters (simulate speed skating) and jumping jacks. Then you repeat the entire sequence for a complete five minutes.

Circuit #1- Shoulder & Legs
- Squat with Shoulder Press
- Backwards Lunge with Side Shoulder Raise (repeat on other leg)
- Chair Squat with Front Shoulder Raise
- Front Shoulder PressOuts

Circuit #2- Chest & Abs
- Chest Press with a Crunch
- Chest Fly with Double Leg Raise
- Bicycle Crunches
- Squirms (lying down with knees bent. lift head and shoulder blades off ground and alternate bending to the side and tapping your heels).
- PushUp

Circuit #3- Biceps & Butt
- Deadlift with Hammer Curl
- Static Squat with Concentration Curl
- Front Lunge with Wide Grip Curl (repeat on other leg)
- Side Lunge with Biceps Curl

Circuit #4- Thighs & Triceps
- Chair Pose with Triceps Kickback
- Sumo Squat with Overhead Triceps Press
- Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again)
- Forward Lunge with Triceps Pushback (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #5- Core
- Double Crunches
- Twisting Plank
- Plank with ToeTaps (repeat with other leg)
- Windshield Wipers (lying down lift both legs and move from side-to-side)

Circuit #6- Upper Body & Core
- Plank with Back Rows
- Superman
- Scissor Kicks
- Pelvic Thrusts (repeat on other leg)

Circuit #7- Lower Body & Core
- Side Plank
- Side Lying Leg Raise
- Inner Thigh Raise
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire Hydrant with Kick

Then relax with a nice cooldown.

Overall, out of the over 200 workout DVDs I own this is one of the best and I highly recommend it for great results. Jillian is motivating without being too peppy and cues well. If you stick with this workout you'll be ready for short summer shorts and bikinis in no time at all. Enjoy! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenonmenal Workout-Toruble Zones Be Gone, February 5, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I am a huge fan of the Jillian Michael's approach to fitness. I used her Shred 30 program and lost 29 pounds in two months by doing the workouts and following the diet recommended on her website. Let me start by saying I am not one of these people who just "LOVES" to workout. I do it because I need change. I tried this workout yesterday as it is available on Exercise TV/On Demand and I have to tell you, it was the most transformational exercise experience I have ever had. Jillian's coaching and motivational speak are reverberating in my head even now. For this workout you will need 3 to 5 pound weights and about an hour (trust me this hour is worth it). She starts with 5 minute warm up that is cardio and dynamic stretching infused. SHe cools down with a yoga style static stretch that is just wonderful. There are roughly (six) 7 minute segments in which you do about 5 powerful arm and leg focused or ab focused work. The intensity of the arm, ab and leg work basically guaranteed me that I am going to see the results I want to see over the next two months. I usually dont feel a burn in my glutes and hips which are a real trouble spot for me, did not have that problem this time. Working out is not really my thing, as much as wanting results and knowing I have to do it in order to get it, but the strength and euphoria I felt after doing this workout is indescribable. I recommend this to anyone who wants to believe in themselves and begin transforming themselves into the person they wish they were. This comes with the highest recommendation I can offer. I will post updates as I continue the program. GET THE DVD, its the least you could do for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have not known pain until you've done "The Surrender"!!, February 8, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I own all of Jillian's DVDs, so when this one and it's companion DVD came out, I ordered them immediately.

This one is like "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" but the circuits are weights based. At about an hour long, she has you run through 5 exercises 2 times a circuit and most are with weights in hand. Towards the middle, she does matwork for the abs (some with weights!) and in the last circuit she does old school matwork for legs and glutes.

This kicked my butt in a good way. I was sweaty and tired at the end. I completed it, but having to modify some exercises, so now I have something to work towards.

Having owned so many of Jillian's DVDs, I was worried she would use the same exercises over and over but she keeps it really fresh! She has a lot of exercises I have never seen or done before and all I can say is WOW! She does this exercise called "The Surrender" Oh. My. Goodness. It is super hard and I had to stop. It's also a little hard on the knees. Again, one of the ones I have to work towards.

I can definitely see this DVD transforming your body and making you more and more toned. A great workout and so worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good workout but..., March 17, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I like this workout, especially because it is almost an hour (it's about 50 minutes not including the final stretch), and some of the moves are tough -- however, what drives me nuts is that Jillian does NOT count her reps. If you count them you'll notice that on one leg she does 12, then the next she will do 15. Then she will do 17 for another move. There is no consistency.

I also don't think this workout is that killer... I'm not sure what weights everyone else is using, but I use 5lbs for this. On the DVD they only use 3lbs. Maybe I need to increase to 8lbs, but she emphasizes "light weights, high reps." 3lbs does nothing for me. I have been using the Firm workouts for ages though, so I am used to lifting more weight.
Also, I feel like this is mainly a core workout - it feels like you spend about half the time in plank pose. It would have been nice if there were more lower body work.

For those of you who live in apts and are concerned about jumping moves, the only real jumping is in the warm up for jumping jacks. So I think it's fine to do this workout if you live in an apt with neighbors.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am truly amazed!!, April 30, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I have all of Jillian's videos and they all kick butt, but this one I believe is the greatest. At about 45 minutes, this video concentrates on those areas that women and even some men have trouble toning. I use all of Jillian's videos -- 20 minute DVD each day and "No More Trouble Zones" on the 4th day. I have started noticing muscles, I just didn't know I had, my triceps, quads, hamstrings, butt, abdomen and more. Don't get me wrong, it also takes eating healthy, multi-vitamins and at least your eight glasses of water along with exercise to lose weight. However, if you are in the process of losing weight right now or want to start and also want to start toning your body, this is absolutely the perfect exercise DVD. It is a hard DVD and took me a few times to get through the entire DVD, but if you are consistent and try your hardest, you will see results. Thanks Jillian, you truly made me a believer!!

P.S. I'm 39 years old, 5'4". Started eating low carb, lower calories (according to my BMI), treadmill intervals and Jillian 20 minute DVDs. Started February 1, 2009 at 172 lbs; Today April 30, 2009 147 lbs. Goal weight 130 lbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beach body here we come! (updated), February 9, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I tried this video on my cable's "on Demand" and I will definitely be purchasing it! There is NO WAY that you cannot shape up quickly and completely if you follow this workout! Jillian ROCKS! Her combinations keep you moving and working and sweating, but she has a way of making you able to keep up, through both her motivating talk, as well as the way she combines the moves. She has made me a big fan of circuits - you can endure much more! Her explanations of exactly what muscles you're targeting REALLY make you motivated to push extra hard, as well as focus on them to really bring on the intensity! I have been doing the 30 day Shred, which I will continue to alternate with this on days that I cannot do an hour, but this is one video I know I will make time for - it is sure to work! *** Okay I'm just updating here after 15 days to say that I am actually seeing changes DAILY in my body, and a 6 pack is being revealed. I can hardly believe my eyes (and trust me, I was a flabby mess, especially my stomach after 2 kids - GROSS!)! I am simply amazed!

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% effective for losing extra weight, May 19, 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I am 36 years old, and I have four kids. Last year I decided it was time to lost the extra pounds that didn't come off after my 4th pregnancy, so after browsing amazon for some ideas I stumbled upon Jillian's 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones. These videos work. If you are using proper form, working out 5-6 days week, and not overindulging on carbs/dessert you WILL see results. Here are my stats:

April 2009: 124 pounds, 5 feet 4 inches tall, size 6

Workout/diet regimen: started with 30 Day Shred, moved on to No More Trouble Zones (since it had the longer ab workouts I wanted) for about 1 month almost daily. No diet, just cut back on snacks/dessert.

May 2009: 111 pounds, size 0 or 2 - total weight loss 13 pounds, about 10% of my body weight.

If you are looking to get fit and lose weight, give this video a try!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i expected, March 15, 2010
ljcud (Wilmington, DE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
If you've done the 30 day shred, you'll recognize some of the moves in this DVD, though not so many that it makes this DVD not worth buying. As with her other videos, I could see this being tough on someone with bad knees. I have bad wrists, and there's a lot of stuff in this video that requires you to be in plank pose--she doesn't really give a useful modification, but I found I was able to modify those moves myself to make them doable.

This is basically a longer version of the strength and ab portions of the 30 day shred. That being said, this workout is still a good way to get your heart pumping. If you're like me and the cardio circuits are your least favorite part of the 30 day shred, this is a great option. I still feel like I got a good cardio workout after doing this DVD, and it has the added bonus of targeting even more areas with strength training. You will definitely feel the burn the next day, though I wasn't as sore as I was after the first time I did the 30 day shred. I recommend adding some additional stretching on your own both before and after the video, that seems to help a lot with the next day soreness--with this DVD especially, the stretching in the warm up and cool down doesn't really target all the muscles that the DVD works. This is a great addition to my workout DVD collection--as much as I love to hate Jillian Michaels, her DVDs are some of the most effective I've tried.

I would recommend this DVD to anyone who is looking for a good, interesting workout that is effective and not too time-consuming (the workout runs about 40 minutes).

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed, February 27, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
So I'm just getting into workout tapes. I run once week (because I have to) but I mostly work with weights, the ball and kettle-bells. But I'd rather do a routine than run anywhere so I've been looking into these fitness dvd's.

I settled on Jillian after getting the Biggest Loser Workout about 3 weeks ago. I did enjoy Bob (he's hilarious) but Jillian's workout did get me pretty winded...and it was only 10 minutes long!
LOL.
So I said, "I wonder if she has any cds of her own'.

Based on the reviews and my initial impression of her I bought this workout and the (Banish Fat Boost metabolism) dvd

I really do like this dvd.

--Her exercises are challenging.
--She utilizes circuit training. Each segment is only 6 minutes long.
--She works multiple muscle-groups at once. Which I like.
--I like her 'let's get down to business' attitude. Great motivator.
--She has some KILLER arm/leg exercises (circuit 4, in particular). There's this one move where you hold 2 dumbbells in both hands over your head and you drop to your knees and come back to a standing position (one leg at a time, of course!).
I. WAS. BURNING! I had to drop one weight to stay in the game.

During the ab/leg circuit (can't remember which) my boyfriend had to come into the room because I was making so much noise. He just stood in the door and laughed at me nonstop. I was on the floor squirming around from plank position to my back...struggling, whimpering and 'panting' like a little animal!
He said, "Baby...is it THAT serious?"
LOL
Y'know how it is--when your body is tired and you're fighting through an exercise to squeeze out one more...?
I was DETERMINED to get through that circuit! LMBAO!

I'm not exactly sore. But I personally don't think that this would be too challenging for a beginner. Listen to your body. Slow the pace if you must. Just keep moving if you can. Do as much of the circuit as you can until you're able to complete the tape.

Also, thanks to be military, I have bad knees and stress fx's in both legs. Jillian incorporates jumping jacks/jump into her cardio exercises/warmups. It keeps your heart rate up but it can be hard on the joints (if you have problems in that area). I can't always hop on one leg.
My solution?
Just modify the exercise. I still perform the jumping jacks movement but my feet don't leave the ground.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Those That Own 30 Day Shred, February 28, 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
This review is for people that have the 30 Day Shred and considering whether or not to add this to their workout: YES!!! I bought 30 Day Shred back in October and got through Level 1, 2, and 3 within 2 weeks (I am 30 and have been actively working out the last 10 years but in no means would call myself completely fit or an athlete, just normal and healthy). The 30 Day Shred still kicked my ass and helped me tone up in ways that the gym has never toned me up before. The best part of 30 Day Shred was that it was 20 minutes, and I would alternate Levels 1, 2, and 3 every day for variety. However, after 3 months of working out to 30 Day Shred, I've gotten super bored of it and need a change. I borrowed my friend's No More Trouble Zones and hyped up to work out again! Some of the moves in this DVD are similar to 30 Day Shred, but I would say about 25-35% of it, depending if you modify some moves. This workout is also much longer (45 min. or so) but the time flew by because each circuit was about 5 min. and I looked forward to trying new moves. Also, some things that I found difficult in this DVD, I just reverted to the easier/beginner positions I learned from the 30 Day Shred. So for those people that are more beginners to Jillian Michaels, I recommend you get the 30 Day Shred first so you can learn the beginner/modified moves and make adjustments as necessary as you progress. For me, it's not about losing weight but getting toned and I definitely have more definition in my arms, abs, and legs. My friend's have complimented me as well and being on the shorter side, I've NEVER been complimented on having toned legs before so I am quite happy. :) I have not mastered any of JM's workouts, but I do get bored of the same routine. I'm glad to add this to the mix in addition to 30 Day Shred and I'll prob get the other ones too! AND I just saw that you can buy the combo set on Amazon!! Definitely go for that one!!! No more gym membership! All you need are 3 and 5 lbs weights!! Also, I never watch the Biggest Loser and I find JM extremely likeable as a trainer. I didn't rate this 5 stars since some moves are similar to 30 Day Shred, and I also think 30 Day Shred in general is better (I feel like I sweat more in 20 min in 30 Day Shred than I do in this one).

Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones
Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones by Andrea Ambandos (DVD - 2009)
$14.98 $8.51