5.0 out of 5 stars A True Believer
When I joined JillianMichaels.com over a year ago, I was skeptical. I only joined for the 2-week free trial and thought that I would soon be quitting. I knew of Jillian Michaels from the show "The Biggest Loser" and did not really know all that much more. On the show she is known for her "tough love", (some would say simply tough) attitude and it really spoke to me. I...
Published on September 25, 2009 by Rebecca L. Cottrell

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T JOIN ITS A WASTE OF MONEY WITH NO REFUND
DON'T waste your money. You don't know what's on the website or how it will help you until you sign up. Then its too late to get your money back. The site is not user friendly, half the time you can't even get into your food/exercise journal and the food you eat is not listed on the food index. Its hard to navigate and very frustrating. The diet is unrealistic for the...
Published on January 16, 2010 by Sari

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Jillian and it works!, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
First of all, I'd just like to say that for those out there who think it is "extreme" to cut calories and work out 5 times a week this might not be for you.
However, if you are a normal person and actually want to be healthy, then Jillian can help!!!! Everything about her program is about bring healthy, not necessarily a size 2! I don't find anything about this program restrictive, and I love to eat!!! Her workouts are amazing. I feel it in every part of my body, and sweat way more then I ever did spending an hour at the gym. Maybe not for everyone but I think it's a balanced and healthy approach to weight loss. And yes, I have lost weight and I'm only a couple weeks into the program:)

2.0 out of 5 stars Love Jillian, but the Website is a $ Suck., October 4, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I joined this website because I wanted to access more of Jillian's exercises. I am a fan of her videos, which usually push you very hard for 20-40 minutes, and, with diligence, yield fantastic results. To those saying that her exercises are not "joint-friendly" -- it's wise to consult with a doctor before starting an exercise regimen like this, but for someone who is not already injured, her programs are great. One can buy digital versions of most of her videos through Amazon.

I've been paying for JillianMichaels.com for 4 billing cycles (yes, I have paid $52 to access to this content four times, failing to find a simple solution to cancel). The exercises are listed - NOTE - a WRITTEN list is made for you - each day. There are written explanations of the exercises, with some short, supplementary videos that demonstrate a few reps, then end. It's obvious that the people making this website don't care about what practically works when trying to exercise. To use a Jillian-ism, they PHONED THIS IN. I would personally have to refer back to the list after doing a number of reps of one exercise to see which one was next, which would lower my heart rate and really make the whole process of a workout disjointed. I'm pretty sure whoever's in charge of running this site knows that no aspects of it are user friendly (including the often dysfunctional food entry that other people have mentioned) but it has the JM name attached to it and so it's her cash cow whether it's user friendly or not.

Long story short: JM is a great motivator, her exercises work, and it's especially helpful to see her in an exercise video, following along with her pod-casts and advice in the form of daily emails. But this website is a waste of money. It's supposed to be offering structure to people who want to track their exercise and food intake, but if the structure and functionality of the website are poor, you end up paying for the illusion of structure without being able to make use of it. I would highly recommend you spend 16 dollars on a couple of her digital work out series and follow up with Jillian's mentorship outside the website. But no one should be roped in to paying for something that isn't useful, especially if they have already made the decision to commit to weight loss--it could be a huge deterrent to progress.

I will reiterate, it is near impossible to cancel your subscription once you realize this. Best of luck, all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to cancel, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I found the website content to be adequate and was a great way to stay on track for anyone that likes to have a visual record of their progress. I also think that the diet and fitness tips were also very helpful and there is no doubt that you will become fit if you follow this program. However, if you decide to cancel the membership the process is very hard to do. Someone with Jillian Michael's reputation and expertise shouldn't have to use these tactics to keep memberships.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Cancel -Will Not Refund if You Forget to Cancel Before Auto Renewal, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I had read that I could cancel at any point, but the catch is that even if you cancel a day after your auto-renewal, they will not refund any of the money for the next 3 months. So you're stuck with it. It was misleading online when it said you could easily cancel at any time. Most companies will be reasonable and refund some of it, but they basically said-sorry too bad.

I was also unhappy with the lack of vegetarian and vegan meal plans. It's odd because Jilian recommends vegan eating but there wasn't anything indicating that online. There was no vegan option and the vegetarian meals were lackluster.

The website looks really beautiful and easy to use on the sign up page, but when you get to the user/member area, it's outdated and difficult to navigate. It gives a completely different impression on the sign up page.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better in Theory than in Practice, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I am a fan of Jillian Michaels, and I thought that maybe something about her site would be useful to me to change up my diet and exercise routines. Many of the recipes sounded interesting (and I made a few, which were delicious), but they are typically too labor intensive for my lifestyle. She has some good ideas, like the ability to earn badges for accomplishments (i.e. Gym Rat for going to the gym 5 times), but I found it frustrating to even find the information needed to earn those badges. The exercise and food journals frequently did not open when I wanted them to, and adding food was awkward. I use another site that has literally all the same things (including communities) as Jillian's site, and it rarely has technical issues, allows for much faster input of food and exercise, and is FREE. There's no point in being on spending money for Jillian's site. I am canceling this week since my subscription is up.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T DO IT!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I agree with the other reviewers. Had high hopes, and actually the circuits on the iphone app (free!) are good, but the website is a total waste of time. As a vegetarian I found there was little I could eat, and the only response from the helpline was to substitute all the time, which means using highly processed foods.
I didn't end up using the site and totally forgot about my subscription... until I got a paypal email thanking me for a payment to them. Am currently in the midst of trying to get my money back from them, but not holding my breath.
I have a lot of time for Jillian and actually think she gives some good advice, but don't get sucked into her website, it is not the easiest to use and you can't customize based on your preferences - i.e. no meat or fish or eggs or cheese etc which doesn't particularly inspire. I'm sure the ethos is good but the delivery needs a lot of work, stick to weightwatchers or another online slimming club and use Jillians workout DVDs would be my suggestion.
Sorry Jillian!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Site, January 19, 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I signed up for this site with a free trial. I was planning on canceling as soon as the free trial ended. But as I spent time on the site I realized how much great information was on it. This is the first time I have ever been able to stick to any kind of weight loss program until now. This site has helped me to learn everything I need to know about weight loss. I now eat much better and do more exercise than ever before and I have been seeing results.

The site gives you meal plans and your daily workout. There is a food journal, activity calculator, it helps you figure out how many calories you need to eat each day, and it explains how to properly do all the exercises as well as gives you variations if you can't quite do certain things yet. My favorite part of the site is the message board. There is always someone there to answer your questions or encourage you. There are all kinds of great teams and challenges to help keep you motivated. I have now been a member of the site for over 3 months and don't plan on quitting at all. There is so much on it that it can be a little overwhelming at first but it has many useful tools for a beginner wanting to lose a lot of weight or someone experienced just wishing to maintain or become more fit. I would recommend this program to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Idea, can get same thing for free, March 15, 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
I like many other got suckered in to thinking it was a free trial but ended up with a $52 charge and a website that gives me nothing more than I can get on any of the FREE sites! There is no link or direction anywhere at all on how to cancel, I had to google how to cancel this damn thing and still get no refund even though it never was worth a dime. Should have stuck with Livestrong.com, has always been a good site for me. I still love her videos though!

1.0 out of 5 stars worthless, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
don't waste your money! the app does not work with android phones. I'm a busy person & need access on my smart phone. accessing the program on my computer late at night when I get home defeats the purpose. the advertised $4.00 a week gets buried in legalese & u get socked with a $54 charge that is mysteriously non-refundable. customer service is horrible, non helpful & non-informative.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!! DO NOT DO IT!, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Online
This is the WORST diet website program ever! The website itself is extremely hard to use, and there is nothing on there you can't get for free from other websites. But the WORST THING IS--it's scamlike in how hard they make it to cancel!!! You CAN'T CANCEL ONLINE, you have to call, and I have been on the phone for 30 minutes already and NO ANSWER!!! You can't even look at your billing information online, it tells you to "sign in through iTunes", and I DONT HAVE ITUNES! WTF!?!? This website is a scam! SHAME ON Jillian for doing this! I was a HUGE fan. I'm so disappointed.