Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

I had sold my total gym when I had moved and due to total gym's prices skyrocketing, I researched other comparable models. After much research, I decided to purchase Jillian's Body Shop, and couldn't be more pleased. The quality is absolutely comparable to total gym, the price is very affordable, and I didn't have to purchase a handful of accessories to get all the workout options that I want. The assembly was actually very straightforward, and I was able to do it myself within 15-20 minutes. If you're looking for a responsibly priced total gym alternative, this is it. 100 - 5 Ingredients or Less, Raw Food Recipes for Every Meal Occasion (Natural Foods - Vegetables and Vegetarian)
on July 21, 2012
I'll be honest, I bought this because the Total Gym is too expensive, but I was looking for a good all-in-one machine. And I think this fits the bill: You can work out nearly any muscle group, and the overall concept is the same as the Total Gym, without the price factor (I guess Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley aren't cheap endorsers).

And the iFit card is really something else: It's a memory card that has Jillian Michaels talking you through each 30-second exercise. Which to me, is fantastic - I always need that extra motivation! I'll note however that it can take a little long (at least until you get used to the machine) to adjust the angle and resistance for different exercises.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that, while the Total Gym seems to have more metal parts, the Body Fit is more plastic, and the arm bands are cheaper fabric. So I'm not confident that this will last years to come.

All in all, I definitely recommend this purchase, if only until you can save up for a Total Gym.
on April 30, 2012
The machine arrived quickly and was very easy to use. Love the work out card it came with. It takes you though the different moves and pretty much, if you can think it you can do it on this machine. My husband, my son and I all use it and its super easy to change difficulty from one person to the next.
55 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
I love the machine, but regret not registering it. I received it for x mass and now after only three months the resistance bands are falling apart. I like the machine and want to get new bands...also the video says there are five bands mine only has four.
on December 4, 2012
This product is very well built.Very sturdy.I having been using the gym for a couple of months and I am very pleased with it.I had lower back surgery 15 years ago having 3 discs totally removed and I was in the market for a product that would enable me to work out. I have jogged and lifted weights pretty much all of my life and when I was no longer able to exercise this way,due to loss of strength in my lower legs, I started researching rowing and gym machines. I am so pleased with this product.I've started going in the right direction and gaining strength back in my lower legs. I highly recommend it to any rehab patients as well as anyone that just wants to get in shape or stay in shape.
I'd like to thank Jillian Michaels for helping society by offering such an excellent product at such an affordable cost.
on December 8, 2013
Bad workout bench cheaply made where the welds are I only weigh 150 and the bench broke apart at the weld spots and they won't replace the frame it will coast me 132.00 I only had the bench 1 year never again.
on October 17, 2012
Our machine arrived yesterday. the shipping was lightning fast. The instructions say that it takes two people to assemble and they are correct. Not that it's difficult, but two just makes it easier. It went together well, and is a heavy duty machine, ya know...I mean it "feels" solid. The workout impressed me big time and I have been going to the gym 4-5 times a week for two years. I plan to use this Jillian for the at-home workout in the morning and after trying it out last night, I love the burn. Highly recommended!
on September 10, 2012
Initially was a bit frustrated with setting up. Definitely needed another set of hands to lift and pull but once it was ready to go WOW! I love this. I've been using it 6 days now. I feel stronger and more fit already. I haven't seen a huge set of results but I can feel it and know as I keep doing this I will start seeing them shortly.

Its so easy my kids can use it. I'm sincerely happy I got this. It makes working out fun and quite simple. I put my ipod on and I'm good to go. Nice work Jillian!
on December 28, 2012
After having it for a bit more than a year, I gave it away.
It's pretty much like the total gym I use to have. The resistance isn't all that great, and you'll find there are better machines out there to use to get into shape. For the money I'd say get a power tower instead, you'll actually use it more.
on May 12, 2014
I'd like to give this 3 stars, but the machine itself isn't that bad. However, if being portable or foldable is what attracts you to this body shop... keep looking. If you're not very strong you can forget about opening this sucker up. I curl 15s at higher reps (approx 18lbs w/ bar), which isn't super strong, but not exactly a total weakling for a girl either. Even for me, this machine is a nightmare to set up. I can't imagine a totally newbie setting this up and taking it down everyday without an ER visit. So, if you're a lady and you're still working with 8lb weights or lighter, you'll need to have a permanent home for this contraption.

Otherwise, it's super sturdy. My only advice would be consider... wearing a scarf if you have long hair, as not to get it caught anywhere in this machine.

Figuring out a comfortable way to do various lower body moves is a little cumbersome... being upside down and all. But it's a great machine to have if you don't want to bother with the gym or have a hard time fitting it into your schedule. My experience with this has been, I use it loyally when it's up and stays up. But once I have to put it way, it's a looooong while before I bother taking it out again.