Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 27, 2012
For the record, I'm not a liqueur drinker. I'm a whiskey drinker who prefers single malt scotch and single barrel bourbon neat, never anywhere near ice and aired for 10 minutes before first sip after well sniffing in a small cylindrical glass. I was expecting to HATE Red Stag - but it seduced me because it puts the taste of bourbon first. It smells like bourbon with a hint of cherry pipe tobacco in the glass: notes of popcorn, molasses, tobacco, leather, and cherry. At first sip the first taste is bourbon: corn, honey, bacon, and molasses. The mid palate explodes with cherry and tobacco and leather. It's sweet, but it's oddly sophisticated. The finish is sweet with honey, cherry, and smoke.

It's utterly delicious. I polished off my glass like a hungry wolf. The cherry is robust - but tastes real. It never obscures the bourbon which shines through with character, age, and American cowboy splendor like Johnny Cash's voice.

I'm a whiskey snob, but this liqueur is the only whiskey adulteration I've ever loved. The cherry bourbon alchemy is killer mixed with coke. It's even better in a modified Manhattan. I suspect it will work in any mixed drink where bourbon plays a part and you'd consider putting in a cherry.
on March 31, 2015
Jim beams Red Stag on ice is the best bourbon I ever had! I have been drinking Red Stag for years which is not like me to stay with one brand, but I love Red Stag! I have turned avid beer drinkers into Red Stag drinkers!!! P.S. Jim Beams Maple is pretty Damn awesome too !!!