‘Jim Henson's Labyrinth’ written by A.C.H. Smith, illustrated by Brian Froud and overseen by Jim Henson himself will be a real treat for movie lovers who had for the past 30 years enjoyed and grew up with an exciting tale of a Labyrinth through which young Jennifer Connelly must pass due to the challenge set before her by Goblin King acted by David Bowie...
Published 5 months ago by Denis Vukosav

3.0 out of 5 stars So I'm happy!
got for my daughter, she is reading it as we speak and loving it. So I'm happy!
Published 2 months ago by Sandra johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat for movie lovers who enjoyed and grew up with an exciting tale of a Labyrinth, May 1, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)

Young girl named Sarah will be left at home to babysit her little brother Toby, but because he keeps crying Sarah, while telling him her favorite story, will carelessly wish the child to the goblins that will bring to the real world fantasy character named Goblin King.

Goblin King will steal her brother bringing him to his castle that is somewhere in inside the big labyrinth full of challenges. Sarah will need to find and rescue Toby before midnight, solving the Goblin King's Labyrinth in 13 hours or her baby brother will also become a goblin…

The decision to make a reprint of this book on 300 pages is one of the news that lately pleased me the most. The movie from the 80s in whose company I spent numerous hours when I was kid, countless times enjoying the courage of young Sarah now continues to live in the pages of this beautifully designed book in which both young and older readers will enjoy while fans will surely decorate with it their bookshelves.

The book comes in a beautiful hardcover with illustrations that depict known images from the movie in a slightly different way so I may even suggest if you by some chance have not seen the movie, first read this book, which gives a new dimension to Hanson's movie - one of those that has marked our childhood, kind of movie that today there is no longer any.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Archaia, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
Thank you thank you thank you for reprinting this novel. Ive always wanted to read it and didn't feel like spending 100+ on the old copy. The book is very well made and has never before seen sketches from Brian Froud and Jim Hensons personal journal about the labyrinth. Highly recommended if you love the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for Labyrinth Fans !, June 16, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
I grew up watching the movie 'Labyrinth' and loved the movie so much. As an adult seeking out a book version, I was saddened to find that most copies were upwards of $100. While I loved the movie, that was a bit steep for me. So I was thrilled when I learned that this book was being released.

It was delivered quickly and in great shape - no crushed corners, nothing of that sort. Line for line it is almost dead-on with the movie's dialogue, with some unexpected additions and fun background info that I won't give away here. The text is easy to read, and the illustrations are beautiful - exactly as I'd expect from the artist. Perfect.

The addition of Jim Henson's notes in the book was a fun little extra feature, it's interesting to read and gives the book a more 'behind the scenes' sort of feel.

I like this book so much that I plan on purchasing a permanent clear cover to preserve it, as if I haven't tired of the movie for almost 30 years then I doubt I'd tire of this book. It is surely a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the movie you'll love this book, June 3, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
a great book. If you enjoyed the movie get this book. I couldn't put it down. It offers little bits of info here and there that the movie didn't have, but still has references to. Mostly about her mom.
The notes at the end by Jim himself are also really good, it lets you see into his brain during the planing process for the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will want this book to read to your children and grandchildren!, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
I have always loved the Laybrinth movie but the book brings a whole appreciation of it. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK! ITS A MUST HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's beautiful and all the extras, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
Thank you Archaia for reprinting this treasured book. It's beautiful and all the extras, the artwork and Henson's notes are wonderful. We Labyrinth(High five Labygirls!) lovers have waited so long for it to finally be reprinted! Worth the price and much sturdier than my old paperback that I can now wrap in plastic and put away for safekeeping!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy! Just wish there was more :), May 31, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
I am very happy withy purchase. It's wonderful to finally have the chance to own the novelization without paying an arm and a leg. I enjoyed the inclusion of Brian Froud's sketches and Jim Henson's notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Labyrinth, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
My son when he saw what I bought said - Oh.. they reprinted it ? It's a beautiful book and I'm glad I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book!! Brings back so many memories of childhood!!, September 13, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
I was so excited to see this book being re-released! I was thirteen when the movie came out and I was, for lack of a better word, in LOVE with the movie. Then I saw the book available in paperback, bought it, and read it several times over. I wish that I still had my original copy because the cover was so cool! Regardless, this copy is just as cool with all the added notes at the end from Henson. Such a treasure to have. I will never let this copy go!! Hopefully in time they will release it in eBook format. - G.T. King, author of The Key to i'QUrthia

3.0 out of 5 stars So I'm happy!, July 13, 2014
This review is from: Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization (Hardcover)
got for my daughter, she is reading it as we speak and loving it. So I'm happy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization
Jim Henson's Labyrinth: The Novelization by Adrianne Ambrose (Hardcover - April 22, 2014)
Used & New from: $38.67