Jimi Hendrix and Otis Redding arrived in California virtually unknown. Returning stateside from London, where he had moved to launch his musical career, Hendrix exploded at Monterey, flooring an unsuspecting audience with his maniacal six-string pyrotechnics. Redding, venerable star of Memphis' Stax record label, seduced the "love crowd" in one of his best-- and last-- performances. Jimi Plays Monterey and Shake! Otis at Monterey feature the entire Monterey sets of these legendary musicians, performances that have entered rock and roll mythology.
* High-Definition Digital Transfers
* Soundtrack - 5.1 Mixes by legendary recording Engineer Eddie Kramer * Audio Commentaries by Charles Shaar Murray and Peter Guralnick
* Excerpt from an interview with Pete Townshend
* Interview with Phil Walden
* An Essay by Music Critic David Fricke