5.0 out of 5 stars A must have
I started watching Ms. Weir's show on PBS during our long winters. After seeing the ease with which she prepares a meal I knew I had to have her book. Luckily I was able to immediately secure a copy and start cooking. What an adventure. My first meal was home made pasta and it was a major success. I can't wait to continue exploring this book.
Published on June 12, 2001 by pherrman@na.pechiney.com

1.0 out of 5 stars Reviews of THIS cookbook?
All of the reviews for this cookbook are a couple of years prior to the publishing of this cookbook (with one negative exception), so how can any of these reviews be considered? I'm not interested in the reviews of the previous wine country cookbook by Joanne Weir unless this newer cookbook doesn't have anything different to offer.
Published 6 months ago by betty

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, June 12, 2001
"pherrman@na.pechiney.com" (Appleton, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joanne Weir's More Cooking in the Wine Country: 150 New Recipes for Living and Entertaining (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern style cookbook, July 12, 2010
I love the wine country, so this was the cookbook for me. If you enjoy fresh food, herbs, salads and healthy living, you will enjoy the recipes here. Includes recipes for red onion ravioli with thyme cream, fettuccine with gorgonzola and pine nuts, horseradish crusted salmon with dilled cucumbers, and apricot hazelnut tart. Also, includes recipes for basic things like puff pastry and grilled corn. Ingredients for the recipes in this book are easy to find. Highly recommend. 5 stars, all the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 29, 2010
I found this book while randomly browsing through my library's cookbook section, and it is amazing! Simple, delicious recipes all clearly collected and shared by someone with a love of and respect for real food. I will definitely be passing this title along to friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding chef, April 7, 2008
G. McGuire (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoy all of Joanne Weir's books. She is very knowledgeable about Meditterrean cooking. Her recipes are original, come together very well and many of instructions for making in advance. I place her right up there with Patricia WElls.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reviews of THIS cookbook?, June 23, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of Joanne Weirs "Cooking in Wine Country", April 4, 2013
I was looking for a recipe of Joanne Weir's for fish tacos. The wine country book you practically have to grow your own garden and have exotic stuff around to cook those recipes. I gave it away to "Angel View"

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good, but who knows., June 3, 2002
ScSpec (Rutville, AR USA) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed watching the cooking show with Joanne Weir, and was very glad to find a used copy of her book. But.... if you live in an area of the country where gourmet items or fresh herbs and other ingredients are scarce you may never be able to duplicate many of the recipes without substitutions. This is a disappointment, and of course not the fault of the book.

Used & New from: $0.01