5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
Published on June 30, 2011 by Mrs. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars It works to an extent.
I purchased this hoping to get rid of my junk mail, specifically bills and anything with sensitive information. It works until you try to cut two or three pages, than it's either very hard to cut because the paper gets stuck between the blades, or the handle breaks.

Published on October 5, 2011 by Albert O. Boris

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, June 30, 2011
Mrs. Jones (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jobar International JB4979 Multi-Blade Shredder Scissors (Misc.)
This is not meant to shred sheets of paper, just sections of a paper...like address, account numbers etc. It works well for that, the most i was able to cut was 3-4 sheets at a time. I love it, so got one for my mom too. This is a way better option that sitting in front of a loud shredder if you only want to cut up impotent information like names, account numbers, credit card numbers and addresses on statements. Had it for a few months now and still is sharp and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly right for home, September 18, 2010
Sometimes my desk is right at the kitchen table, opening mail, sorting receipts and coupons, etc.... If I get bank mail or my charge account statements or things that contain my SS#, I can shred right into the recycle bin I keep nearby. As a Senior Citizen this is a very useful item for me, E-Z to store and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy, January 25, 2009
Very handy for small shredding jobs. They work fine and never clog up. Good for instant shredding of a name or other sensative info on an otherwise harmless sheet(s) of paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets my expectations, October 19, 2010
Well, I was unsure about this product given the mixed reviews, but given the low price, I figured I'd give it a shot. I am happy to say that it was a great purchase. Obviously, if you want to shred documents in large quantities with any frequency, you'd be better off opting for an electric (expensive mind you) shredder. That being said, these scissors do the trick on 2-3 pages at one time, which is what I needed. The scissors appear to be quite sturdy and quite sharp (contrary to some reviews I've seen). Frankly, the quality exceeds the low price. All and all I would recommend this for anyone looking to get rid of some unwanted mail and not wanting to destroy a year's worth of receipts at one time.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's for real, June 25, 2008
I bought this product for it's portability. I've got the electric one also but prefer this Multi-Blade Shredder Scissors for shredding just personal information only (not the entire paperwork). This item is so good I bought two. I thought it would be soft and easy to break but it cuts like it's a single blade scissors. I suggest everyone to purchase this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars It works to an extent., October 5, 2011

Yes, the blades are sturdy but why would they make the handle so weak? If you put to much pressure, it'll likely break. That's exactly what happened to me. I'd skip this product if I've known. I encourage everybody else to skip this item and look for something better.

4.0 out of 5 stars quick one or 2 paper shredder, February 3, 2010
Nice and fast and easy use for one or 2 papers or a thicker one at a time. Good for someone with just a rare shredder need. Also cuts up credit cards but you need all your strengh for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, June 24, 2011
These scissors broke during the very first use!! I was cutting through paper way thinner than a credit card which it claims to be able to cut. The handle broke off and metal that was exposed under the handle slammed into my knuckle and cut me. What a waste!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, August 29, 2011
Great for minor shredding needs as long as you don't mind a small amount of manual labor. Ideal for those (like myself) who don't shred often enough to warrant an expensive shredder with expensive accessories. Scissors cuts 3-4 standard pages fairly easily. Warning: the thicker the shredding job, the more the scissors will get jammed up. Overall, a nice (and inexpensive) solution to everyday shredding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and quick, March 9, 2010
I like them a lot. These simple scissors keeps the pile for shredding from growing; as I can snip just my identifying info out of mail as it comes in, while I'm watching a show. Just be careful 'cause the scissors are VERY sharp.

Jobar International JB4979 Multi-Blade Shredder Scissors