5.0 out of 5 stars Tree is alive and flourishing
I actually used this on a potted meyer lemon plant. It essentially in a 5 gallon container. I broke up 1 spike into three and otherwise used as directed.

Published on October 4, 2010 by Don't Track Me

2.0 out of 5 stars did not work
I followed the instructions just like it said but I never notice any improvement on my orange trees. I will just stick to cow manure for fertilizing my trees.
Published 16 months ago by W. Rivera

5.0 out of 5 stars Tree is alive and flourishing, October 4, 2010
This review is from: Jobe's 1612 Fruit and Citrus Tree Outdoor Fertilizer Food Spikes, 15-Pack (Lawn & Patio)

It's been a year, and I think it's time to change the soil, switch to a larger pot and respike it, because I'm beginning to see the effects of the fertilizer fade. But since adding these spikes I've gotten: 1) double the leaf size, 2) gorgeous, fragrant fruit, and 3) a shrub turn into a small tree.

This is a great value, and I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gail's review, October 27, 2010
We have over thirty fruit trees! These fertilizer spikes were instrumental in increasing fruit production.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Value!, August 7, 2009
Kat Leon (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I have my fruit trees in pots, so I take each fruit spike and break it in 3 pieces and just lay one piece on top of the soil. I water over the spike to distribute the nutrients once a week. My trees really perked up! Outstanding value and free shipping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall fruit tree feeding, December 7, 2011
Seems that none of my local stores had the fruit and citrus fertilizer spikes in stock for the recommended fall application, was glad to find them on-line and the 15 pack was nice to find versus the 12 pack. Priced well and shipped quickly, I was able to receive the fertilizer spikes in time to get them in the ground before the freeze so the snow melt and spring rains can feed my fruit trees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great so far for my frut/nut trees., July 8, 2013
This is the first time I've used this product and it's working great. I have a 5 year old almond try that has grown 2 inches in the last 5 years. After I put these in this spring, the tree has grown 12" in the past 2.5months!! awesome. My other fruit trees are also benefiting with more fruit and better quality. I have clay soil and if you do too I wouldn't bother trying to steak these in. Dig a deep hole with a hammer and chisel of some kind first and then put them in or they will break easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jobes 1612 Fruit and Citrus Tree Outdoor Spikes, March 20, 2012
I purchased these for my kumquat tree. I have used the granules before, but my dogs LOVE to roll in it.. must smell really good. The tree has put out new leaves, so must be doing some good. Shipping was ontime as promised, and packaging was fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product!, December 26, 2012
R. Hardy (Spanish Fork, Utah) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
We've used Jobe's Fruit Tree stakes & are SO pleased with how well they work with our Peach tree. We had a huge bumper crop again & will use them on our two little pear trees. Poor soil is a problem nearly anyplace one lives anymore & a good fertilizer appropriate for your specific trees is very much a necessity if a good outcome is hoped for, whether it be fruit trees or evergreens or whatever. Lots of generics out there & I'd rather purchase a fertilizer that posts its ingredients...and one I can depend on for quality assurance year after year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, October 7, 2012
I use this as my main fertilizer for my peach tree. I love this fertilizer. I noticed the leaves got much bigger after applying this and I had more growth than normal. I am expanding my fruit tree collection and this will continue to be my main fertilizer. Next time I will buy te granulated form I think it will be easier. Overall it is wonderful and I will be buying again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Obvious results, January 21, 2014
I love this product. Just measure the diameter of the tree and follow the chart on the box to see how many fertilizer stakes are needed. Pound them into the soil at the trees drip line and you are all done. No heavy buckets of mixed liquid fertilizer to lug around and splash on your legs. Also because the fertilizer is UNDER the grass there is no unsightly green circle of grass around the tree. I will definitely purchase more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fruit trees peach, apple, pear, apricot, November 17, 2013
These area fantastic! Used them on 20-30 peach, pear, apple, apricot trees planted 1-3 years ago and every single tree shot up and bushed out like I've never seen. As fruit trees need a balanced fertilizer and this technical isn't, you may want to supplement with a small amount of Nitrigen fertilizers like 3-0-0 to get it an even 14-14-14. I used these just as bloomes were starting to form (break dormancy) and within a free weeks trees were covered with blooms and dense foliage, and that was in the middle of a three years drought here in central Texas. The feed abundantly from Marto almost June, which is when you want to knock off the nitrogen fertilizing anyway (In hot dry climates at,least). Anyway, I recommended them to my parents who have ~120 fruit trees... They went with something else...guess they'll wonder why mine look better. The. Only negative is the instructions, don't hammer these in they'll break apart and irritate the heck out of you. Dig a tiny hole with a small gendening shoven (kids shovel) roughly the size of the spike. Shove the spike in until the top is about an inch under the soil level, cover with dirt and water in slowly. Remember, it's always better to under fertilize than over fertilize. One spike for anything but a large fruit tree should do it. I have 12'X10" peach trees with 2-3" trunk diameter and I'm just now thinking about using 2 spikes.

Oh, and I have an apricot that I forgot to stake...it's as if time stood still for it at 3' tall, another one identical to it was planted the same day and it's 12-14' tall and bushy, pretty sick difference, not that the staking is all the difference but they have received similar treatment.

Rate and Discover Movies