|Item Weight||1.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.7 x 4.9 x 2.9 inches|
|Item model number||FL1-0TAM|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Joby Gorillatorch Adjustable and Flexible Tripod Flashlight, Orange
|Price:||$45.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Flexible, wrappable legs and powerful magnetic feet allow users to attach Gorillatorch to just about anything
- Illuminate target while keeping your hands free
- Adjustable intensity allows users to dictate level of brightness for use
- Water resistant for use in all environments
- Compact and lightweight (1.6 ounces) for easy portability
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Joby Gorillatorch Adjustable and Flexible Tripod Flashlight, Orange
Stanley 95-111 Mini Tripod Flashlight B000IL66KE
Stanley 95-112B LED Tripod Flashlight Black B0081CZASG
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Yutano Trading||JAPAN IMPORT SHOP ★ RISE||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Weight||0.1 pounds||0.41 pounds||0.44 pounds||0.71 pounds|
|Length||7.7 inches||2.56 inches||8 inches||10.75 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Flexible, wrappable legs and super-strong magnetic feet allow you to attach the Gorillatorch to just about anything. Illuminate your target while keeping your hands free. Rubberized ring and foot grips provide enhanced stability on slick or uneven surfaces and don't scratch paint. Dimmer switch allows you to dictate the level of brightness for use in any scenario. Control power and brightness with a twist of the wrist.
With Joby's Gorillatorch adjustable tripod flashlight, you'll be able to tackle a wide range of jobs in dimly lit conditions without having to balance a standard flashlight under the crook of your neck. With its powerful magnetic feet and bendable and flexible legs, you can illuminate virtually any target and keep your hands focused on the job at hand.
The Gorillatorch illuminates your target while keeping your hands free (see larger image).
Control the level of brightness with
a twist of your wrist.
The Gorillatorch offers a focused illumination thanks to its ultra-bright CREE LED--providing up to 65 lumens (1 watt) of lighting power--and high-quality reflector optics. A dimmer feature allows you to select the ideal brightness for any situation, and this also enables you to optimize battery life when needed. At its brightest setting, the Gorillatorch provides up to 20 hours of continuous use, while you'll get up to 80 hours of battery life when the dimmer is dialed to its economy setting. The Gorillatorch is powered by three AA batteries (included).
When it's time to turn off the lights, the Gorillatorch's adaptable form factor enables you to stow it anywhere--from a toolbox to a kitchen drawer to a camping backpack.
The light's water-resistant housing is made of durable ABS plastic and it has a polycarbonate lens with a 2.16-inch diameter bezel. It measures 7.87 by 2.95 by 2.56 inches and weighs 1.6 ounces (6.5 ounces with batteries installed). The Joby Gorillatorch is backed by a limited 1-year warranty.
Based on Joby's award-winning Gorillapod tripod for cameras, the Gorillatorch can wrap its flexible legs around almost any surface to provide needed illumination--attach it to the bedpost for lights out reading, secure it to a tree branch or tent pole to illuminate your campsite. The rubberized rings around each spherical component of the leg helps the Gorillatorch to firmly grasp the surface it's clasped around, and they protect painted or varnished surfaces from getting scratched.
With the addition of its neodymium magnetic feet, the Gorillatorch can secure itself to metal surfaces such as car hoods while checking the engine, late night tire changes, or a fusebox door during power outages.
You can also use it as you would a normal tripod, such as for shining a light on night-time barbecues, or use it as a handheld with the legs straightened while walking the dog. The rubberized foot grips provide enhanced stability on slick or uneven surfaces.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:57 Mins|
What I found misleading is the dimmer switch. This is actually a light with two levels of output, all the way on and about half way on. You adjust this by twisting a knob and might be able to catch some slight variations between the two but they are not really that useful even if they were easier to set.
What I didn't like was the beam focus. The center is tiny and really too bright. If you use it to light what your working on it is frequently so bright you have to look away. Outside the tiny center it's usually too dim to be of much good.
I fixed that problem for two cents. (Actually, probably lots less but I'm too lazy to do the arithmetic.) What I did was cut a 3" square of Glad Pressing Seal 3 Pack and put it over the light. It acts as a diffuser and produces an evenly bright, wider angle beam that is (IMHO) perfect.
Finally, if you are considering this light you may also want to check out the Joby Gorillatorch Flare Adjustable and Flexible Tripod Flashlight. It's similar to this one and the video review I've posted there provides a comparison between the two models.Read more ›
* The LED used in the unit is very bright and in conjunction with the dimmer function allows an excellent range of illumination
* The legs consist of multiple ball and socket joints that allow easy positioning with good rigidity.
* Each ball has a rubber-like ring around it (the gray rings in the photos) which provides a good friction grip when wrapped around an object.
* The tripod feet have the same covering as the rings giving it a low slip tripod base.
* The tripod feet contain strong magnets that hold the tripod securely to a metal surface in any orientation (up, down or sideways).
* The Battery/Lamp reside in a single assembly so there is no restriction on rotating the light.
* The unit I received has a battery compartment electrical contact issue. The battery compartment cover contains contacts that connect the battery (+) terminals with the unit body. This contact can be affected by tapping on the case, turning the lamp off and back on when it is switched on.
* The dimmer works well, but is non-linear in operation. The dimmer/switch rotates over approx. 220 degrees, but the dimmer operates over the last 90 degrees.
* The light produced is very similar to a flashlight - a bright center with a less bright surrounding light ring. As the primary use for the unit is as a work light a change to create a more uniform lighting area would allow the LED's brightness to be better used.
Overall this is a very good product that with minor gripes, delivers what it promises
All in all, I'd call it a good attempt marred by lack of one major feature. It's still a potentially great product if that one issue isn't important for you. But the addition of that one adjustment would make it a truly great item.
* The switch has a very light detent so it's easy to accidentally turn the light on and drain the batteries.
* The light focus is too tight for many uses. An adjustable beam would be nice but failing that a wider beam would be more versatile.
* The light and its legs are quite bulky, even when scrunched up.
A good LED headlamp is a much better alternative for the majority of uses this light might serve. I'm a bit of a flashlight gadget nut and would be hard pressed to recommend this light. Perhaps if you often have to open your car's hood and you can frequently use the magnetic feet. Most of the time, I'm having to pull steel tools and hardware from the light so I find the magnets more of an annoyance than a cool feature.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Incredibly well made and durable with magnets that really work! especially good when working under the car!Published 5 days ago by greg bender
Something about this caught my eye as a gift for my 11 year old son. Out of all the gifts he received for Christmas this past year, this seemed to be his favorite (it was a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by chicnpotpie
I've got two of these now. While they are handy when working in places where the light is low, I've found they are great for focused light on some power tools. Read morePublished 1 month ago by tom
Great product for working on cars and motorcycles. Easy to secure so light shines in right place. Bright enough for battery powered light.Published 1 month ago by George J. Vernau
Got it as a gift for my friend who loves to camp. He really loved it!Published 2 months ago by dreamer194
Great value for a great light. These light are really bright. This was a gift for someone because I already had one.Published 3 months ago by Carol Oliver