Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

SEE UPDATE ON 11/28/2014 BELOW CONCERNING AN IMPORTANT QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE

- ORIGINAL 5-STAR REVIEW -

There are two important things to consider when deciding between the Performance Midway Briefs and the Pouch Midway Briefs by Jockey:

1) Although the Performance Midway Briefs are clearly longer in the legs than boxer briefs (about 2 inches longer than comparably sized Jockey Pouch Boxer Briefs), they still have significantly shorter legs than those on these Jockey Pouch Midway Briefs - about 2 to 2.25 inches shorter.

Thus, the first question worth answering is: How long do you want the legs to be on your midway briefs? Should they be about 2 or 4 inches longer than the legs on a Jockey Pouch Boxer Brief? Decide and then purchase accordingly.

2) The required fabric care, laundering of the Performance Midway Briefs may not be to everyone's liking. Unlike the easy-to-care-for 100% or nearly 100% cotton briefs (wash warm, normal cycle, etc.), the Jockey Performance Midway Briefs do require some special handling: wash cold, delicate cycle, no bleach of any kind, no fabric softener, etc.

For those desiring the somewhat greater robustness and easier maintenance of a higher-content cotton garment, the Jockey Pouch Midway Brief (97% cotton with 3% Spandex and an identical H-fly) is clearly the better choice! The Jockey Staycool Midway Brief (100% cotton) is also an option, but these only come with a standard right-hand fly.

I purchased several of these Jockey Pouch Midway Briefs described here directly from Jockey on the Internet and ended up saving more than 50% over full retail during the recent July 4th sale with free shipping and free returns as well as a risk-free guarantee. The aforementioned Performance Midway Briefs by Jockey were also on sale at a substantial savings of about 43%.

If you don't have your heart set on getting specific colors (only 5 or 6 different colors were available for each size), then this may also be something that you should look into. Additional pertinent discount coupon codes are not hard to find on the Internet throughout the year.

UPDATE ON 11/28/2014 - NOW A 4-STAR REVIEW

After about 4 months of daily wear and tear and laundering as required, three (3) of these briefs have started to exhibit seam splitting at the very same location on the back of the brief. This is much to soon for this to happen and is unacceptable! Other Jockey briefs and/or t-shirts that I have purchased in the past would not develop this problem before the two-year mark was reached. At a bare minimum a useful life of 12 months should be expected. In light of this, I have reduced my star rating by one star to 4 out of 5 stars. Jockey avoids a 3 star rating for these briefs, because the company does stand behind its products: Customer Service responded immediately by e-mail to my concerns and already has sent me three free replacement pairs.

UPDATE ON 02/26/2015 - NOW A 3-STAR REVIEW

After an additional 2 pair of these pouch midway briefs have started to exhibit seam splitting in the exact same location as the previous 3 pair, I have essentially transitioned my personal preference to the most reasonable alternative midway brief by this same manufacturer, namely the Jockey Men's Performance Midway Brief (see my review).

While these Performance Midway Briefs have somewhat shorter legs and require greater care while laundering (see above), they have clearly proven to be more durable than the defective briefs being discussed here and have never exhibited any seam splitting whatsoever. I have correspondingly lowered my rating on these Jockey Men's Pouch Midway Briefs from 4 to 3 stars.

Jockey Customer Service did come through with flying colors once again by replacing these most recently defective briefs with 2 brand new pair of the more expensive performance midway briefs ($18.00 retail per pair) at no cost to me. I strongly suggest that you too consider making this switch.
on December 4, 2013
these are my go-to briefs. I've used these for years. I could not believe the reviewers who said the seams split with just a few wearings and washings... But mine did too! I've been looking for a replacement! for these ever since, but have not settled on a new brand/style. when these go on sale, I buy several, and probably will again, unless I find something that fits the same as these. It's a shame, because I've been a jockey fan for a long time, and have never had a problem with their product.
on July 20, 2014
I have been using This type and brand for many years. Out of the four pairs I have used two, and have had to sew the seams on both. I would suggest more care and/or more inspection. I like these briefs, because I am a paraplegic, use a wheelchair all day, and they do not bind or ride up. I will continue to use them, but I would like for you to pay more attention to quality. Thank you
on March 27, 2014
I hoped these would be similar to the Classic style that Jockey discontinued. They fit fine but both pairs developed seam separation after the third washing. I have some Classic style that are 4 years old without this issue. I won't be buying any more of these.
on October 22, 2015
I purchased these about 5 months ago and they are disintegrating rapidly. Daily normal wear and I was all of my clothing with a WashIt, so no harsh chemicals of any sort. But the four pairs I purchased are all dissolving.
Poor quality and I'm wondering if they are even real Jockey.
review image
on February 28, 2015
These were perfect the first time I ordered them, so I ordered two more (sets). I was excited to finally have underwear that fit well and felt good. When my second order came I threw them in the wash, dryed them and put a pair on. I couldn't believe how long they where. The fit good around my waist and in the crouch but they where so long they almost covered my whole upper thigh. I am fairly tall so it cant be that I have short legs. I thought washing and drying them again (this time high heat) would shrink them but that didn't happen. I sent them back and requested a refund. In the meantime I ordered another set hoping that previous order was just a fluke.The last order turned out to be the same. The underwear are appoximately 16 inches from the top of the waistband to where they end down my thigh.
on November 27, 2015
I went from briefs (likely Jockey briefs - it's been a while) to boxers when I was 11 or 12 and so it's been around 35-36 years since I've felt any 'tighty' sort of everyday underwear at all. I was at my GP's last week, and he noticed my boxers and asked if I ever felt uncomfortable wearing them. Well, um, you know, kind of, yeah, sometimes, things seems to get off track.

So I thought that I would order a couple of pairs of these boxers breifs: The Brooks Brothers boxers that I've worn for past 35 years were simply not up to par with the support that I needed now that I've banished myself from wearing suits for more that three and one half decades. I wear comfortable clothes now and, with the boxers, I was all over the place.

Just the term "Jockey underwear" has a sort of nostalgic 1950's meme. I had always thought of those tight briefs worn in grammar school. Having ordered more than a couple of pair now, I can say that I have finally found a permanent replacement for boxers. If you're still wearing suits as work attire, at least give these a try-out on a weekend. I think that you'll be surprised. And if you're of the leisure class already, toss the boxers and buy a couple of dozen of these. You'll not regret it!
on March 25, 2016
I have worn this product for as long as it's been made. Sadly, the quality and fit have lost a little over the years. The waistband with the latest iteration is more prone to folding over on itself. I liked these more when the waistband was the same color as the fabric (usually I ordered black or grey) as well. However the basic design remains strong and I won't wear anything else. The pouch and long legs are comfortable, and avoid "trouser snake" escapes that I had found common with the side-opening design most men's underwear use.
on April 19, 2016
These are the best and ONLY men's boxer briefs that DO NOT ride up on me. I have tried many before. Finally not picking cloth out of my crotchal area. Yes. Made up the word crotchal! Other brands I have tried go on tight and then feel like I am wearing a parachute after just an hour. These fit AWESOMELY! Got the 3X first. Lost some weight. Got the 2X. For LARGER men, these are the ticket. I won't talk bad about other brands that claimed not to ride up but did. You know. The ones that rhyme with Panes, Root of the Room, and the worst ones, Lampion. These are the ones I will buy from now on. Nice colors too!
on January 4, 2016
My issue with these is that the fabric used for the crotch feels great and is super soft, but for some reason they decided to use some rough uncomfortable junk fabric for the legs. I have been trying to find a pair of longer legged underwear that uses higher quality fabric and if only they priced them a little higher and didn't skimp.

I can't comment on anything else because I didn't wear them long enough. If you are okay with rougher fabric them maybe these will be acceptable for you. I am still giving these a 3 star rating because the price is still decent for what you get.