There are two important things to consider when deciding between the Performance Midway Briefs and the Pouch Midway Briefs by Jockey:

Published 2 months ago by Wood B. Hermit

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it!!!
Published 9 months ago by Prime Buyer

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it!!!, December 4, 2013
Prime Buyer (Bellevue, WA United States) - See all my reviews
these are my go-to briefs. I've used these for years. I could not believe the reviewers who said the seams split with just a few wearings and washings... But mine did too! I've been looking for a replacement! for these ever since, but have not settled on a new brand/style. when these go on sale, I buy several, and probably will again, unless I find something that fits the same as these. It's a shame, because I've been a jockey fan for a long time, and have never had a problem with their product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer legs and easier fabric care than Jockey Performance Midway Briefs, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Jockey Men's Pouch Midway Brief (2 Pack) (Apparel)

1) Although the Performance Midway Briefs are clearly longer in the legs than boxer briefs (about 2 inches longer than comparably sized Jockey Pouch Boxer Briefs), they still have significantly shorter legs than those on these Jockey Pouch Midway Briefs - about 2 to 2.25 inches shorter.

Thus, the first question worth answering is: How long do you want the legs to be on your midway briefs? Should they be about 2 or 4 inches longer than the legs on a Jockey Pouch Boxer Brief? Decide and then purchase accordingly.

2) The required fabric care, laundering of the Performance Midway Briefs may not be to everyone's liking. Unlike the easy-to-care-for 100% or nearly 100% cotton briefs (wash warm, normal cycle, etc.), the Jockey Performance Midway Briefs do require some special handling: wash cold, delicate cycle, no bleach of any kind, no fabric softener, etc.

For those desiring the somewhat greater robustness and easier maintenance of a higher-content cotton garment, the Jockey Pouch Midway Brief (97% cotton with 3% Spandex and an identical H-fly) is clearly the better choice! The Jockey Staycool Midway Brief (100% cotton) is also an option, but these only come with a standard right-hand fly.

I purchased several of these Jockey Pouch Midway Briefs described here directly from Jockey on the Internet and ended up saving more than 50% over full retail during the recent July 4th sale with free shipping and free returns as well as a risk-free guarantee. The aforementioned Performance Midway Briefs by Jockey were also on sale at a substantial savings of about 43%.

If you don't have your heart set on getting specific colors (only 5 or 6 different colors were available for each size), then this may also be something that you should look into. Additional pertinent discount coupon codes are not hard to find on the Internet throughout the year.

2.0 out of 5 stars Got seam separation after three washes., March 27, 2014
I hoped these would be similar to the Classic style that Jockey discontinued. They fit fine but both pairs developed seam separation after the third washing. I have some Classic style that are 4 years old without this issue. I won't be buying any more of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like these, July 22, 2014
I've been wearing a similar thing made by Under Armor. I liked those but they're spendy. I tried a 2 pack of these. Have usually been disappointed with other cotton ones as they tended to be too short and do a little "crotch crawling" to the extent that they were tighty-whities on the inside seam.

These have stood up to washing and wearing and are a good bit more absorbent than Under Armor.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the fit, feel and comfort..., May 23, 2014
...I just hate the fact that they wear quickly in the crotch - between the thighs. When they wear-away like that, I eventually cut off the thigh areas with scissors and turn them into sleeping underwear. ... then I order more to replace the unwearable. Needless to say, I have a boatload of sleeping underwear. Would appeal to Jockey to correct the problem but I really don't think they give a ratsass.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality, July 20, 2014
I have been using This type and brand for many years. Out of the four pairs I have used two, and have had to sew the seams on both. I would suggest more care and/or more inspection. I like these briefs, because I am a paraplegic, use a wheelchair all day, and they do not bind or ride up. I will continue to use them, but I would like for you to pay more attention to quality. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for coveralls, July 14, 2014
I decided to try these under my coveralls at work. They are great. I recommend everyone try them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only underwear for me, July 9, 2014
I'm a big guy and have big thighs, and thus chafing was always an issue for me. Ingrown hairs were a constant problem, especially when I would try to workout or be on my feet for long periods. This style of underwear completely solved that issue for me. I've been wearing these exclusively for several years now and I think I've only had one or two ingrown hairs in that whole period, when I used to get them almost weekly. These have allowed me to be much more active and be more comfortable doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boxer Breifs out!, July 8, 2014
Great feeling Boxer Brief. I've worn them for years now & they are very comfortable & durable after being washed many times. They don't shrink, fade, or rise up on the your legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best men's underwear!, June 21, 2014
Pouch underwear from Jockey are my favorite! They provide comfortable support consistently even after many washes! I got them in white, black, and grey!

Jockey Men's Pouch Midway Brief (2 Pack)
$24.00 - $25.00