Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jockey Men's Underwear Classic Brief - 6 Pack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 27, 2013
The Y-front opening lets your member peek out and get stuck there. Unless you want to make about 100 adjustments a day, do not buy this product. The problem is that the thigh-end of the opening barely has any overlap, so it's kind of like having a hole in the underwear in that area. If you sit down, your member will fall out about 50% of the time. You have to get your hand in your pocket and pull the underwear out to get your member back on the inside. If you're walking around, your member will slowly work its way out. Here you have to try to get your hand in your pocket and shove your member over to the left. The right side of the underwear is a little looser, because that's where the opening is, so your member will always be working its way to the right. Unadjusted, your member will just keep working its way out until it's all the way out there, showing the world exactly where it is through your pants.
99 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2008
It's surprising that there really is a difference between the various well-known brands of men's briefs. I've been looking around to replace my aging drawer-full, and wrote a review of my recent experience with Hanes (in brief, they're inexpensive and show it).

I've never liked Jockeys, for one reason: they advertise their "Exclusive Y-front fly design," and I've consistently had difficulty getting Mr. Johnson through the fly and into use. Sure, we can giggle about it, but it's no fun having to stand there, reach through the fly, grab Ol' Willie, and pull him through an awkwardly-designed fly every time you've got business to do. It's more of a hassle than it might sound, and underwear shouldn't be something you have to deal with. And putting the trouser snake back in is even more difficult--it takes two hands!

Let me be clear here: The fly opening is REALLY tight, and no matter what you do, it's REALLY difficult to go through it. You may say, "But they must sell a million of them every year, year after year. Everybody's heard of Jockey shorts. This guy must be exaggerating." Yes, yes, I know. And you'll see that what I say is true. You have been warned.

I just bought some more to find out whether they still make them this way, and they do. I have no idea why Jockey not only makes them this way, but brags about it. I guess there are some guys that worry that the fly is too loose, and if you're one of them, you don't have to worry about it with Jockeys--everything is safe and secure--too secure for my liking. They're reasonably priced, and otherwise well made--definitely better constructed than Hanes, for example. But I won't buy them again--too much trouble.
1919 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2016
Like a lot of others here, I too had been a life long Jockey brief customer. My last purchase was 3 six packs of black briefs about one year ago.
All I can say is that I am highly dissapointed in the rapid decline in quality. If i didn't know better i would think these were cheap counterfit goods. But they are not. Mine too were the Cambodia manufactured briefs that you read about in these reviews. After a few washings the waistband elastic looks like a ruffle, all streched out, basically ruined. The leg elastic fails within months allowing Mr.Johnson and his two buddies to sneak out. I used to get years out of my Jockeys. Not now with this cheap Asian junk.
It amazes me that what once was a good brand basically ruins its brand by peddling inferior goods.
May as well put Jockey in the same category as Levis. They too have ruined thier product by cheaping it down.
Jockey Management take heed to these reviews before its too late.
on December 7, 2014
Buyer beware. My old briefs were made in Costa Rica and were a decent fit. Just got a new six pack briefs and they are made in Cambodia. Best way to describe them is I feel like I'm wearing boxers. Size is larger. Avoid!
on March 13, 2014
I like the design, fit, and comfort of the original Jockey brief. The cotton is soft and stands up to laundering. The problem is the elastic. Despite gentle washing and drying (warm wash/cold rinse and "delicate" heat setting on the dryer) the elastic starts to pucker and lose strength after fewer than five trips through the laundry cycle. I wish Jockey would address the elastic issue - the only reason I wouldn't rate it excellent.
on July 28, 2014
I wish I had seen Williamson's review before buying a ton of these briefs. Kleenex is about as thick as the fabric. I followed the advice and tried the Docker briefs. By far soooo much better.

My Jockey's are now on the way to Goodwill too, 17 of which have only been washed and never worn.
on March 12, 2016
I have washed them once and elastic is already stretched out of shape. This is the only brand my husband has worn for 54 years and
until the last 5 years or so the quality has been just fine. What has happened to the quality?
on July 1, 2015
Recommend purchasing 2 inches larger than your actual waist size. Jockey cuts their briefs small (which is bad for expensive briefs). Otherwise, the overall quality is above average. With Jockey's expensive price, the fit and quality should be better.
on March 14, 2016
My local army-navy stores have gone the way of the dodo. The department stores and the Jockey Outlet stores sell silly, expensive underpants and glorified male-stripper "pouch" thingies. Happily, Amazon has normal Jockey shorts, what underwear is supposed to be. (The picture shows a black waistband, but what I got was the regulation white band.) Possibly the only product I have that is made in Cambodia.
on March 26, 2016
The fit was as advertised, but clearly the quality of the product is not the same as I remember it and as I'd want it to be. I immediately noticed how "thin" the fabric was, and I know these will not last. You can almost read a newspaper through the material -- that's how fragile and thin the cotton is. A shame, because I had always respected the standard of quality and longevity of the Jockey products. Guys, if you're ordering these -- be warned. The fabric is thin...really, really thin/