Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on September 12, 2015
This review compares three brands of sports briefs: Hanes Classics Sport Brief, Fruit of the Loom Sports Briefs, and Jockey Elance Bikini Brief. I had used the Elance briefs for many years, and watched their quality gradually deteriote until the material is so flimsy, they wear out around the waist band within a year. Note that I have enough briefs that each pair only gets worn about 15 times a year, so that's very poor performance. I decided to try a comparison with other brands and bought packs of the Hanes brief and the Fruit of the Loom brief about a year and a half ago. Both of these products are far superior to the Jockey brief. Neither shows any wear around the waist band up to now, both are comfortable to wear and are highly recommended. Style of briefs are a very personal issue, so here are the differences I see in the two products.

1. The material in the Hanes is softer than that in Fruit of the Loom. This leads to less support and a tendency for the briefs not to stay in place as well, but is a super comfortable feel.
2. The material in the Fruit of the Loom briefs is of a slightly stiffer nature, which gives more support and keeps the briefs in place better.

Both are great products. Personal taste would determine which you will like. Do like I did and try a pack of each. The prices are certainly better than Jockey.

NOTE: The Hanes product I bought can be seen at: Hanes Men's Hanes Classics 7-Pack Sport Brief, Assorted, Medium which Amazon says is currently unavailable. However the Item model number: 7550C7 is still listed as current on Hanes website.
The Hanes product currently sold on Amazon is at Hanes Men's Hanes Classics 7-Pack Sport Brief, Assorted, Medium but the item number 7550X7 does not come up on the Hanes website. They appear to be the same product.
The Fruit of the Loom product is at Fruit of the Loom Men's 5-Pack Sport Briefs - Colors May Vary, Assorted, Medium and is still current.
on April 3, 2014
i bought these to replace the ones I had for nearly 5 years which had simply worn out. Normally I'd complain about thin material but these hold up and remain comfortable without binding. I wear them to workout and they take a beating pretty well. They also stretch a bit and with my, uh, size that's a plus.
on November 13, 2015
I'm surprised to see people saying they are too small. To my mind, the smalls that I bought are loose, even after being through the dryer once. I have a pair of smalls that I bought 30 years ago, and the unstretched waist on these is 6 inches larger than the older ones (which have probably been through the dryer also, several times). Also, as some have mentioned, there is are rough seams where the front and back panels meet (on both sides and at the bottom). The material is nice, with some stretch, and its not very thick.

I've added a picture. The red ones are the older ones.

Overall, I like them, except I find myself having to pull them back up once in a while.
review image
on October 14, 2015
Hate to admit it, but I really enjoy trying new briefs, especially bikinis.

A couple of times throughout my adulthood, I purchased Jockey Elance bikinis. But for various reasons (shrinking in the drier, the side seam of death, just wasn't as into the style), they stayed in my underwear drawer, were never used, and were eventually donated.

Fast forward to today, I was looking for some 100% cotton bikini options for exercise and decided I'd once again try the Elance bikini.

Here are some bullet points:
- I'm a medium and ordered a large. They definitely shrunk in the drier the first time I dried them, so I'd recommend sizing up. The fit post-shrinking is good.

- The fabric isn't as soft as I remember it being on my previous Elance underwear. It's not terrible, but not the best either. Not entirely comfortable to me.

- No pains from the side seam digging into my side, so Jockey may have fixed that one.

- The front is single-layered. However, they're a little warm surprisingly.

- There's not much of a pouch, but the fabric has some give. My junk is halfway between being smooshed and having just enough space.

- I like the cut, especially the small sides. Overall, it's flattering. Could maybe do away with a bit of the fabric on the front, though for a nicer look.

- Colors on website and in real life are not the same. I got the pack with the red, navy, and blue-gray and it looks nothing like the little swatch. Also, there's no slight contrast between the body fabric and piping like the photo eludes (though that would be nice).

Overall, not a bad pair for the price. I'd give them a 3.5 if I could.
on August 12, 2015
I'm a long-time wearer of this style of Jockey underwear. They've always been super-comfortable for me. Jockey deleted them from their product line for several months and then recently brought them back. I was disappointed with the last order - 1 of the 3 pairs had a hole in the fabric - def not Jockey quality. The good new is that when I finally heard back from Jockey, they replaced the 1 defective pair with 3 new pairs. So I was satisfied.
on October 21, 2015
Comfortable and what I was looking for. Excellent fit. I can wear them with my scrubs at work and under my worn out Nike running shorts when I'm jogging. Will definitely buy again. I don't love underwear. I don't have a clothing fetish, yet.
on September 10, 2015
So glad that Jockey brought these back. I had stocked up when I found they had discontinued earlier this year. These are my favorite undies! The thin fabric and single ply front pouch makes them very comfortable. Supportive but you forget you are even wearing them.
on November 2, 2015
So glad I can still get these via Amazon! Simple, comfortable, right combo of support and comfort. I like this lighter, thinner fabric better than some of the Elance packs I've bought in the past. Seems to hold everything up just fine! And the fabric holds up in the wash too. Good purchase.
on June 28, 2013
Best fitting lil' buggars I've ever tried on my rump! They provide a wonderful amount of support for the twins, too. I've tried a bunch of different types/brands/styles and these seem to fit me the best. I work an office-style job where I do a lot of sitting and keeping things tight to my body is the best way so I don't end up sore. Don't pass em' up ya'll pick up a pair! :)

Post Script - The price keeps going up for these? What's the deal with that? Also, here's a shameless plug AGAINST a brand -> don't try Fruit of the Loom (anything, shirts, underwear, socks, etc) because the fabric they use is from the dark ages; it stretches out, horrible brand.
on December 26, 2014
I didn't have the problem with the seams others did. However, these are tiny. I ordered a medium and I wear a 29-30 inch waist normally. I can fit into them but there's no room inside and it's a tight squeeze. Buy a size up or avoid all together.