5.0 out of 5 stars My Standbys
wore boxers for a decade before switching to bikinis. I love the look and the comfort and support.

Jockey Elance bikinis were the first I bought, and years later, they are still what I wear most of all.

Published on January 11, 2006 by Swimbriefs

2.0 out of 5 stars True is the stitch that digs
Published on January 31, 2006 by B. Dooda

5.0 out of 5 stars My Standbys, January 11, 2006
Swimbriefs "Tom" (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews

I've since bought many other styles (boxers, boxer briefs, classic briefs, thongs, and other bikini styles) and brands, but it's pretty much the exception to the rule when I wear anything but Jockey Elance.

Contrary to what others have said, they are well made. I've had a number of them for years, and they still hold up. I also think they are really comfortable. Also, someone said they are knock off of women's underwear. Jockey made men's Elance bikinis long before they made ANY underwear for women. However, online you can generally only get them in black, grey, and white, which are ok, but not the most fun. You can get a wider variety of colors at department stores. Walmart sells them in a huge variety of colors as the Life brand.

But a lot better than these are the Hanro Cotton Stretch brief, also for sale on Amazon. They are better made, more comfortable, but extremely pricey. You can buy about 4 packs of these for the price of one of those.

2.0 out of 5 stars True is the stitch that digs, January 31, 2006
B. Dooda "bbbddd" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
These tighty whiteys are close to being a perfect everyday bikini. However, as another reviewer noted, there is a large seam on the right side which will dig into your hip and will actually leave a dent in your skin. I'm normally a 32 waist and the pairs that I own are for my size, medium 32-34. Streching the band and breaking some of the elastic can slay the wicked seam, but I've also ripped pairs clean in half trying to do this. Maybe buying the next size up would work, but that might mean giving your boys too big of a yard to play in and I like keeping 'em close to home.

4.0 out of 5 stars STILL A GREAT BRIEF--BUT BE VERY CAREFUL, September 25, 2009
I've been wearing Jockey brand briefs for over 52 years (when I started, they cost $1.25 ea, in contrast to another brand that was just $.69). When Jockey began selling Elance bikini briefs, I began wearing them.

No doubt my masculine vanity and an imagined sense of looking even a little bit like Tarzan were factors in my choice, and I suspect that other reviewers might have been similarly motivated.

Since I see several other reviewers complaining about an "ouchy seam" that leaves a mark on their hips, let me share a "brief" story and some advice.

In 1972, while I was working in magnolia-scented Kansas, a female colleague told me of a dear male friend who had been suffering from horrible migraine headaches for years. He had been to dozens of doctors, tried scores of prescriptions, yet nothing had helped. At last one doctor suggested surgery: "If you allow us to castrate you, your headaches will go away," said the specialist. The man was very hesitant to try this operation, but five more weeks of horrible headaches convinced him to go ahead. Lo and behold--it worked! All his headaches immediately ceased!

After a two-day recovery period, the fellow was feeling so great that he decided to treat himself to some brand new clothes. He went to a men's store and picked out an expensive new suit, a nice silk shirt, new socks, new T-shirts, and new Jockey briefs.

As the cashier was ringing up his purchases, she said, "Sir, I notice that your trousers have a 38-inch waist, but you're buying Jockey briefs that are marked 'small'."

"Yes," said the man, "that is the size I want. I have been wearing that size since I was twelve years old."

"Sir," said the cashier, "I will ring these up for you, but--I'm just afraid they'll be so tight you'll have migraine headaches."

SUGGESTION: Yes, turning the brief inside out will partly solve the problem of the ouchy and disfiguring (temporary) mark on a person's hip--but perhaps buying a larger size will provide an even better solution. (At 70 years old, I still work out at a gym 3 hours a week and may have the body of a 45-year-old, but I no longer have that of the 25-year-old I was when I got out of the Army. In those intervening years, I've gained 35 pounds and have had to buy clothing that is a bit larger, including Jockey briefs.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, Wear Them Inside Out: Problem Solved., November 5, 2009
I've been wearing these for decades. They're light, soft comfortable, don't have any exposed elastic to rub against your skin, and wear well. The seams are uncomfortable but wearing the briefs inside out completely solves that issue. The only other drawback is price, which seems high for the amount of material used. Every once in a while I try something else but always come back to these. If Jockey fixed the seams and lowered the price they would deserve five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seam from hell, August 31, 2008
As others have said, these have a very uncomfortable seam on the right side which leaves a noticeable mark on your skin after wearing them for a few hours, and it's not exactly the greatest feeling. I don't understand how these managed to go through quality control with an issue like this. Other than that, the fit is great and they look very nice on the body. These are cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear Inside Out, People... These are my standard, July 24, 2009
I ALWAYS wear my underwear inside out because of the seams (they don't have to be from Jockey).

Guys, wear them inside out and get comfortable.

These underwear should be less than $10.00 a box (3 pack). That's how much I paid at Ross. They are way expensive at Amazon. It's insulting.

2.0 out of 5 stars They've changed, and not for the better, January 8, 2011
I used to wear Jockey Elance Bikini Briefs exclusively, but in the past year they have changed their design. I am a larger framed man with a 48 inch waist and I have always worn the XL size. They have always fit very comfortably and still have some give to them. But the last few times I bought this product, they have a smaller, tighter fit. Very tight in the pouch and between the legs. They also have a lower cut, both in the front and back. I'm constantly pulling them up in the back. My junk is popping out of the top and the sides! These might fit a woman comfortably, but not a man. There's no stretchiness or room in the front for "the boys." This bikini would be better if Jockey offered it in other facrics such as Modal, Tactel or Nylon. I don't know why Jockey changed their design, but I don't like it and I will not buy this product again until they change it back. Sometimes change is a bad thing... and this is a bad thing!
May sound odd, but Jockey makes women's panties that are FAR more comfortable compared to Elance bikinis for men!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be, December 22, 2011
I used to be a regular user of these briefs, and after years of not buying them ('cause the ones I had never wore out) I bought them again. Unlike the older versions they no longer have that piece of extra material in the front for ... you know. perhaps they were redesigned by some woman who didn't know what it was for.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, February 5, 2012
Great product. My 3-pack came in the wrong colors, but I don't care. Who sees it? Sizing should be bigger for a man... I'm a 28" waist but have to buy 'large'.

1.0 out of 5 stars They are not what they used to be, November 28, 2013
Like so many other things now days, these once fantastic briefs have been destroyed by cost cutting measures to enhance the company's bottom line.
1. The overall size was reduced - a lot!
2. The material thread count has been dramatically reduced - they will not last long.
3. The inner support pouch has been eliminated - Put bluntly; if you like sitting on your scrunched scrotum sack...buy them. If not, pass.
In a "nut shell" they are cheap and need to be shipped back to China or whatever third world country they were made in.