4.0 out of 5 stars Jockey Staycool Briefs
Published on July 15, 2011 by olivia2428

Published 12 months ago by Amber L. Hake

1.0 out of 5 stars The newer model is inferior to older model of same boxer rivers, November 26, 2013
I had purchased these boxers because years past I had the same ones and loved them, however when I purchased the new model, RN#61683 CA#23638 (same numbers as old models) the materials have changed for the worse! Thinner materials in general, and worst of all the waist elastic folds over on the hips cause for an irritating wear. I have 6 pairs of the old version which are like they were when I first bought them and 6 pairs of the newer versions and they are worse after each wash. I am extremely disappointed that Jockey has changed the quality of materials for these boxer briefs. Please change back to the older elastic and materials!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jockey Staycool Briefs, July 15, 2011
I had purchaced this product for my husband. he absolutely loves them. i also had gotten him the staycool tshirts. he is an electrician, and hes in a 120 degree building with no ac at the moment. and i cannot say how awesome of a mood hes been in because hes able to stay cool with these. the only complaint i have about the briefs is that if your husband is used to tagless underwear, these will bother him, but you can very carefully remove the attatched tag. the only reason i gave it a 4 star was because the tag was "very itchy" but other than that, i would highly recommend anyone to get these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool and comfortable, but tag can be annoying, August 15, 2012
The material for these briefs are great. They really do seem to keep me cooler all day. However, Jockey really screwed up by having a stitched in tag on these. Go tagless please! Sometimes it's very itchy and annoying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tag is annoying!, January 4, 2013
I bought this from another retailer when it was on sale for $18. While I do like them I have to say that the tag is VERY annoying and itchy. I'm going to have to find a way to cut it off because I cannot wear these more than an hour or two with the tag. If you don't like tags then go elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars jockey spot on, March 14, 2014
I love the midway brief. The only thing I found odd was the placement of the fly. Like who uses those things. Very odd and uncomfortable to use it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit great, for a while, January 26, 2014
Dr. Rob (Hershey, PA) - See all my reviews
These are boxers that are semi-compression shorts. They are quick drying, fit well out of the box, and perform exactly as described. They're great for cyclists. Serious road cyclists ride without underwear beneath their lycra shorts, because they bunch up and chafe. These don't (more later). So, I can now cycle with underwear, which is a big improvement if you get my drift. This keeps the lycra riding shorts clean for longer.

HOWEVER, after about five washes (cold cycle, air dry as directed) they no longer are snug. They have lost their firm grip, and now are a bit baggy. They're still comfortable, don't get me wrong. But the SEMI in semi-compression is now gone, and they are just loose fitting boxers.

My UnderArmour shorts, about twice the price, have maintained their compression for much longer. But the cost for just one pair is prohibitive. If you want comfortable boxers these will do. If you want TIGHT boxers, look elsewhere. I gave this three stars because of comfort; I subtracted two because they are not snug any longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they used to be, July 7, 2014
Thin material and smaller for the size than in the past years of purchasing. Will try another brand before reordering Jockey.

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy these again, July 3, 2014
Robert Johnston (WEST MIFFLIN, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I work in construction, and generally it's hotter than the blue blazes of hell during the summer and there is no a/c or fans running. So, I tend to sweat in areas that are prone to chafing. I was looking for a solution to this and these were not the answer. In fact, my inner thighs and taint/ballbag never burned so awfully in my life. I wouldn't wish that kind of suffering on my worst enemy. If you're looking at these for the same reasons I would do some more searching for your answer. I'm going to go ice my nuts now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sized nicely, June 21, 2014
These fit very well on me. They expand only a little through the day, but they don't ride up on me throughout. As is normal with cotton clothing, if you want these to be tighter, wash them in warm or hot water. The legs end halfway between your knee and your hip. There boxer briefs are sown in patches rather than seamlessly.
Complaints about the tag seem to be exaggerated; it might scratch occasionally, but I haven't noticed it. If the tag bothers you, find a seam ripper and take it off. The legs have no elastic but they don't ride up much. I've been raised wearing briefs, and I have to say that these are a nice step up in comfort. Addressing some complaints by other customers, I found the elastic to have no significant issues. The fly can be annoying to use if you are accustomed to the traditional type. The boxer briefs move with you well and, being cotton, are quite cool and breathable.
The cotton is combed, so its soft but also makes for a thinner cloth. While this aids in keeping cool, the boxer briefs may wear out faster than ones made using more polyester and uncombed cotton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the overall feel, May 18, 2014
I love these midway briefs because they don't crawl up my legs. The sizing is millimeters bigger around the waist than previous sets. This is a quality control issue or they are making them bigger.