Joe Dispenza hypnosis - did it actually work for somebody?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2012 10:32:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2012 6:37:21 AM PDT
Kristel says:
I heard about Joe Dispenza from Coast To Coast radio program, like most of us I believe. I liked what I heard, it made sense to me. I bought both his books, read it as fast as I could, and once again, I liked what I read. It made sense to me. So I bought the meditation.

I am not exactly new to meditations. And I fallowed instructions. And nothing happened. At the end of meditations you are asking for a sign to know that the quantum field is listening, and I didn't get any signs whatsoever, and what I wanted to manifest didn't manifest either.

Right now that I am looking back at this hypnosis, I am horrified at how much time I spent on the negative.
Let's break down this mediation. And imagine that one asks for more prosperity.
First week- Learning to get into meditative state of mind
Second week - Week 1 plus imagining how you don't want to be poor anymore
Third week - Week 1 and 2, plus continuing thinking how you don't want to be poor all the time
Fourth week - Week 1, 2 and 3, plus imagining what you want and asking for a sign.

So by the end of third week all you have concentrated on are things you don't want, and the fourth week you spend a good 70% of meditation concentrating on not wanting to be poor, and at the very end you get to the part where you tell the Universe things you do want!

Right now when this meditation is over I can only say I am grateful I didn't ask for more money for I would be worried I might loose my job.
Joe said that you have to observe the program to be able to stop running the program and what you concentrate on 2nd and 3rd week are the thoughts you don't want to give any more power.
And yet, If you keep thinking about something, you do give it power, you do feed it. Especially if you are in a meditative state, connected to the Field.

I have seen very good reviews here about the book, but most people have not said if this meditation really worked for them. I am here to say it didn't work for me.
Is anybody out there who can say it did work for him/her?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 4:13:50 AM PDT
Delight says:
Hello Krissu !

I wanted to say that i agree with you about the meditation process Joe offers.

I loved the book and then started the meditation.
I've made the 3 weeks and then started the 4th and loved this last part.

But when i have to start all the way thru just to make the last part i found it exhausted and gave up. (made about 3 days of last part)

It didn't felt good to concentrate more on negative thoughts/behaviors/patterns just to find the last part
I even tried to skip these 3 parts on my MP3 lol but it didn't worked ! On both versions.
Very strange thing even on my computer or MP3 i ended up with the intro and it didn't want to move to the last part !
Never seen that before and I can't technically explain it... I know the tracks are not separated but i could have been able to move to the last part. So i said ok let's go again from the beginning and well you know the end of the story ^^

Well i would love so much that Dr Dispenza think about a new meditation version more well structured.
It will be of great value i think

And also in the book he stated that the process would take about 40 to 50 minutes but the mp3 is about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Too long i think. (Even if i am used to meditate and used differents techniques for several years now)

In conclusion i stopped because i felt it was counterproductive and exhausting

Message for Dr Dispenza if you read :
Please come with a new meditation version !
Ask what people thought about it
You're doing a great job it will be very useful !

As Krissu i am also interested for feed back

(i m not english so i hope you understood my message)

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 6:01:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 7:08:40 PM PDT
Kristel says:
I understood your message and neither am I lol
I am right now looking into other methods. I know there are two different types (at least) of manifestations - co creation, where you create the situation. And Law of attraction.

I personally think that there is more then one right way. Dispenza's method can absolutely be right for some. But it wasn't for me.
Right now I am reading Steve Rother "Re-member" where they also teach one to co-create and this is the author that 'speaks to me'. It may not speak to others. Like Steve says "If you read something, filter it through. If it feels right, listen to it, if it doesn't feel right, let it go without judgment for it was not meant for you. It was meant for someone else".
With this book right now I am trying to understand why I have a hard time believing I deserve what I want to manifest (The goal is different from what I wanted with Dispenza). And I do think I won't get it until I get to the root of the problem. But I think I am half way there. Yay for me! :-D
It also tells you that you have to be very careful with how you word it, that Energy Field or Universe, however you want to call it, doesn't pick certain words out of your request, your request translates into energy, and you get that energy back. If you "want more money", you end up with "wanting more money" instead of getting more money.
And in order your thought to manifest, you have to "Think it", "Talk it", "Believe it" and "Walk it" and if one of them drops off, entire thing drops off.
It also explains the 'time lag' between making the manifestation, and finally getting it. It is for our protection for were we to manifest immediately, we would all be screwed, it's a safety net for us. This is the information Steve Rother gives, and it 'vibrates' with me.

Dr. Anne Marie Evers "Affirmations Your Passport to Happiness" seems to be good book. Esther Hicks "Ask & that is given" seems to be even better, and Shakti Gawain "Creative Visualization" seems to be the best. I may be wrong but it looks to be like she is one of the pioneers of this and I think Anne Esther Evers has been knocking off few ideas from her.

As I said, I do think all the methods for creation or manifestation are out there, we just have to find the one that works for us!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:04:45 PM PDT
Kristel says:
I have to say that I have come across some interesting opinion/information.
I read (don't even remember the author) that when you first create that thought you want, in Universe positive energy and negative energy both will be created. And that negative energy always hits us first. It can be something so small you don't even see it, or it came be so big that you think this positive thinking/law of attraction is not working. and that is when you let that positive energy that is on it's way to you, drop.
I have read about positive and negative energy before so it makes sense.
Also, our every thought is creative. So when you put your attention into something you want, and then in the back of your mind tell yourself "I can give it a try but probably nothing will happen" then that thought is also creative and most likely nothing will happen.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 9:13:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 9:21:09 PM PDT
Tekwho1 says:
The concepts in the book have helped me a lot, but not just through the meditation or through the quantum field, but the process of that described in the early chapters with using your higher consciousness and meta-cognition to observe your thoughts and behaviors and willfully practice unmemorizing the negative experiences from your past and stop projecting them into the future. I practice this all throughout the day, not just while meditating. This was the problem I have struggled with for years and been through therapies for. This book has helped me with these issues more than any other therapy or self-help book. Just understanding the science behind how our brain works, that we record everything from birth, how our experiences shape how we think and feel has made a big difference in my life. Knowing my brain recorded everything I saw and heard as a child has helped me to separate myself from the experiences, depersonalize them and see them from a different perspective, that they were not and are not who I am, but what I observed and recorded and I can unmemorize and discard them. I can also apply it to present experiences where I now see that I am observing the behavior of others and having a better understanding of where they are coming from that helps desensitize me to negative experiences. I understand that the negative behavior people exhibit towards others is really about who they are. It helps make it easier to shut out the external world. I still have a way to go and a lot of practice but I have made great progress and I feel happier and have more energy to do other more productive things with my life. I like doing the meditations up to a point, more for relaxation and a sense of peace. I have only gotten up to the second bell. It feels good to me to acknowledge and surrender the memories, thoughts and feelings and let them go or give them away. I don't actually experience or dwell on bad feelings while meditating. Sometimes I have trouble concentrating but I usually feel better afterwards.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 1:46:39 AM PST
faith c. says:
I have done meditation and trained myself to do various athletic events by observing / feeling / practicing those events mentally. The whole Ramtha thing connected to this guy is weird. Just saying. I live on the *Left Coast* and it is weird here. But no amount of "thinking yourself rich" is going to pay the bills. Keep your job.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One by Joe Dispenza (Hardcover - February 15, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (408)