Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: John Berryman: Collected Poems 1937-1971
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 17, 2008
All the poems but the /Dream Songs/, which are collected separately (also from Amazon). The included /Sonnets/ are from the original ms carbons, unemended, but with the five extra of the 1964 first edition.
Easy typeface and size, stanzas properly divided.
Adequate bio for all but Berryman scholars.
You like Berryman in whole or part, or you don't, and this is where you'll find out. If you do, a must-have (also the /Dream Songs/).
on May 16, 2014
I read these poems 30 years ago and 4 lines stuck in my head all those years, and it was truly wonderful to find the poem that they were from, and to revisit these that were so vibrant and exciting when I first read them.
on May 3, 2013
This is a great book since it includes all of Berryman's poetry, save "The Dream Songs," which I like to tackle on its own, anyhow. I'm one of those annotaters who writes directly in and on his books!
on May 15, 2015
Complex. You can read these for a lifetime.
on June 23, 2015
Though Table of Contents doesn't list Homage to Mistress Bradstreet, it is in the ebook.
on February 27, 2016
Fabulous!
on December 23, 2014
Great author, great book. Been waiting a while for this one. Now give us Robert Lowell please!
on February 3, 2011
I ordered this book as a birthday present to myself. It came quickly, and it's fine--I'm about halfway through reading it now.
on October 2, 2014
I took a class from John Berryman at the University of Minnesota in 1967 - 68. The U of M is celebrating the 100th anniversary of his birth this month so I want to read some of his poetry now.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse