Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 1, 2012
I was surprised at how big this was when it arrived! I purchased both this and the big dump truck. My boys LOVE them! They even ride on them constantly and it has held up. They love to use the scoop to clean up toys and blocks and fill the dump truck. Cant wait to get them out in the sand this summer! Excellent value.
on May 18, 2015
My two year old grandson gets so excited about tractors so I ordered the John Deere for his birthday even though many reviews indicated the scoop was a problem. Of course he couldn't wait to get behind it and push it around the room and the scoop prevents it from sliding smoothly.
This is not an inexpensive toy and I can't understand why this problem can't be remedied. We can't figure out how to raise the scoop off the floor so it slides without affecting the raising and lowering of the scoop. I was ready to box it up and send it back but he just loves it too much to take it away so I will keep it but I advise buyers to keep this issue in mind before purchasing.
on October 6, 2015
This is a very well made tractor. I got it for my girls to play with in the dirt during camping trips. They love the big size and the large scoop. My kids haven't had problems using the scoop as other reviewers have stated, and the while the scoop doesn't stay up on it's own very well, this hasn't been an issue for my girls. The whole thing seems to be very durable, although there is very little metal on it. I do wish at least the scoop and handle was made of metal, which was my reason for a star deduction, so we'll see how long it lasts. It has been used a bunch already and can definitely stand up to the abuse of small kids.
on January 6, 2012
My son loves this tractor. We keep it outside where it is holding up well. I'm not sure why the description says "steel" because the entire thing is made of plastic. I bought it for half price elsewhere.
on May 8, 2015
This toy is a godsend. I purchased the Ertl John Deere 21" Big Scoop Tractor Truck AND the 21" Dump Truck for my 2 year old. I spent about a $110 on both toys and used Prime shipping. I am tired of taking my toddler to the local parks in my city, only to find other people's children monopolizing public park toys such as broken dump trucks provided by the city or my son being the brunt of these kids' possessive tantrums when it's his turn to play with junky park toys. My son loves anything John Deere and I thought these would be fantastic toys to take to the park so he could dig in the sand with them and let the other kids have the junk toys at the park to play with. My son was absolutely thrilled to receive these two toys. He immediately climbed in the dump truck bed and sat in it. He loves playing with the Big Scoop Tractor too. We haven't taken them to the park yet as they are too big to carry in the base of our BOB stroller. I will need to transport them using our Radio Flyer wagon or just take them in our car trunk. The best part of this whole purchasing decision is that for the first time in 15 months, I have a toddler who is completely occupied while playing with these trucks and he's not constantly tugging on my leg wanting attention while I'm trying to take care of housework. I actually was able to fold laundry and clean one of our bathrooms because he was playing with the trucks all week. I can't recommend these toys enough and they are investment he will enjoy playing with for many years to come.
on May 7, 2014
I purchased this thinking it was like the dump trucks and mostly metal/steel, this is not. It is almost all plastic with a very little steel/metal in the middle. The dump part doesn't stay up so they have to try and hold it up while pushing. Not great for a 2 and 3 year old. I wish they have more metal and less plastic.
on July 9, 2014
Not worth the almost $80 I paid for it after shipping....this is plastic and not built very strong plus it is not as big as I thought...I really should have shopped around for something better but I was on a time constraint ...my 6 year old(4 years old at the time he got it) played with it for like minute..I have 4 boys and not a lot of stuff or money and they never play with this...that tells you something...it is built awkward to push behind and they can't as toddlers sit on it...they did not find this toy fun at all ..none of them..sorry for the poor review but I have to tell it like it is.
on January 7, 2015
Bought this for my nephew (who is just over 3 years old) this Christmas...and IT was a hit! He was playing with it for days! Little fun back story...I told my wife I was going to get a good size item for him as he loves John Deere stuff and most of the items he got previously that are John Deere were smaller. She thought, "Oh, how much larger can it be...?". It's about double the size of his other John Deere toys and hence while it drew him in. I have to say the grandparents didn't have a chance this year. Needless to say if you have a child that loves John Deere toys, this is a great toy! His parents weren't too thrilled having a larger toy but since it keeps him preoccupied they don't mind. Happy Shopping!
on July 29, 2013
Originally I just had pictures up top but due to Amazon removing that feature from the site, I made a video where potential customers can still see the toy.

The tractor is really durable and has lasted outside so far 2 years in the rain.. as pointed out in the pictures, the hood is the metal part of the toy, the rest is hard plastic.
on December 29, 2014
This thing is awesome, both my 1 1/2 year old and my almost four year old love it. The little one sits on it, the big one likes to scoop things up with the big front scoop. It's surprising how big it is, just trying to picture 21 inches really didn't give me any idea how big it would be, it's awesome!!