Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 20, 2004
Very Attractive toy, instructions are tough to follow, took over an hour to assemble. I can't imagine that the toy will hold up. Seems pretty flimsy.
on October 31, 2003
We bought a John Deere Gator sept of 2002 and we have had problem after problem. First the windshield broke off after the first week and then the handles fell off , so we put it up for the winter , when we got it out this last spring, it worked for a while the it started to go really slow and the tires would spin out and it would not go anywhere, b/c the tires can not get any traction, we have to put a cinder block in the back. but know the gears in the back tires went out and it won't go anywhere,I would never buy another one.
on January 6, 2007
Unless you have a perfectly flat yard with golf-course grade grass and absolutely no twigs, leaves, pinecones, moisture, or variations in ground level, this thing won't go. On flat concrete it seems to do OK. In the yard, however, we are forever PUSHING this thing around because it cannot go on it's own. The wheels are constantly spinning out. We bought it as a 3rd birthday gift for my son. Obviously, he would like to ride it, but we hardly ever use it because my husband and I hate walking behind him and pushing! We thought we had purchased a great thing after all the reviews. We were wanting him to have fun and help us with yard work by hauling sticks/leaves/pinecones around. How wrong we were. It was fairly easy step-by-step assembly. We have had no breakage or charging problems, but we don't use it very often because of the major traction problem. It does seem to stay charged quite awhile even after long amounts of time in storage. We bought this after a lot of research. These people who think this thing is so great must have flat concrete yards. I have never spent so much money and been so disappointed.
on June 8, 2003
After two weeks of use, the gear box had to be replaced. Two days later, it needed a new forward/reverse switch. Customer service at the company was excellent...if you actually could get a hold of someone. I couldn't get through on the 800 number. It never connected. I ended up making a long distance call and being placed on hold for at least 15 minutes each time. I did receive the new gearbox within 4 days. The placement of the battery makes it a pain to charge. The battery connector is a real pain too! I ended up returning the product to [the local store]. My son was heartbroken! My neighbor also has one of their ride on toys and has nothing but problems too! We previously had a Fisher Price Power Wheels Pick-up that was much more durable. Our son actually wore the thing out after three years of constant use! We ended up getting him another Power Wheels product!
on May 17, 2005
I bought this for my son for his 5th birthday. I put it together like I have with all the other battery powered ride-ons we own. I noticed right away it was junk. Everything is plastic. When I finished I told him go easy with it because its not made very well and looks like it will break. Sure enough not even three weeks went by and the gears broke. It would not go in reverse. I took it back to the store and they replaced the broken gear. Almost a month later the gear broke again. Does not go in reverse. Fixed it again. We just took it out for spring May 2005 and guess what? Gear broke again. Only this time it will not go anywhere. My son is very careful with his toys. We have a jeep and a Quad that he has had since he was 3 yrs old and they both work just fine. The Gator is JUNK!! Do not buy it. I did purchase the protection plan and the store is working on what they can do for me. I would love to return it.
on December 3, 2002
after comparing this ride on with the power wheels trucks and jeeps,i found this one very unsafe.this one state ages 3-6 years old.first of all there were no seat belts,seats were very narrow,a 3 year old could fall out of the seat to easily and be run over by this 90 pound ride on because it did not have running boards to keep a child from going underneath the back wheels.the winsheld,tailgate seamed flimsy.i have a 3year old and i am going to buy the power wheels truck ,it has sides to help keep kids in while the vehickle is moving ,also it seems to be more durable and safer.
on July 6, 2004
Lots of fun.....Durable and the 12V system is good
on June 12, 2005
Have a wonder toy in my garage. Needs a battery. It has (four)4 wheels, seats one, has handles like a bike with the brake on the right handle. The wheels are 10" ( Diam ) x 6" (width ) and Lenght is 36" or so. Pedal is on the right side resting on a flat guard ( which are in both sides). This car is about 3 to 4 years old. Please help me find a place where they have a battery. Thank you for your time.

PS. This riding toy does NOT have a brand, name or company that has built it in the past. It's yellow, with blue seat and black wheels. Probably was bought at Toys "R" us. Thank you for your time
on April 19, 2003
I BOUGHT ONE IN THE BOX WHEN I GOT IT HOME IT HAD NO BATTERY OR CHARGER THE STORE SAID CALL THE COMPANY WHICH I DID THE SAID THEY WOULD SEND OUT A BATTERY/CHARGER 3 WEEKS LATER. NOW THE 12 VOLT BATTERY WILL NOT LAST MORE THEN 1 HOUR OF MY SON RIDING IT AROUND THE YARD. I WOULD CALL IT A POOR RIDE ON TOY TO BUY. POWER WHEELS HAS A JEEP THAT WILL RUN FOR 3 DAYS WITH NO RECHARGING IT IS UNBELIVEALBE THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD PRODUCT..
on October 2, 2005
I purchased a similar ride-on truch for about the same cost. Let me just warn all of you...The trucks that Peg Perego makes just DON'T LAST!!! It wasn't even 1 week after I assembled it that it was already falling apart. 2 weeks after that, the wires for the speaker for the sound effects broke. ALmost ALL parts that I assembled myself all broke off due to poor grip. This continued for about 2 years... THESE Peg Perergo ride-on's (toys) are useless and will not last.

See 1 answered question