4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book...very nostalgic for me
Published on December 9, 2011 by A. Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!
Published on June 29, 2003 by Becky Beard

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!, June 29, 2003
Becky Beard (Perrysburg, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together (Paperback)
"Back by popular demand!" reads the blurb. In a manner of speaking, perhaps. Having lost my original copy of this book years ago, I was elated to see it in print again. Upon its arrival, however, I was extremely disappointed to find this edition significantly altered from its earlier counterpart. I've been a performing folk musician for more than half my life now, and I no longer find sheet music necessary. In fact, it was not for the sheet music that I purchased this folio, but for the gorgeous color production stills appearing in the old version. Much to my chagrin, this wonderful material had been omitted from the new collection, the blurb's claim of "great color photos" notwithstanding. Furthermore, those of you who were interested in this book for its musical content should be aware that these are not authentic transcriptions, nor is the entire body of selections from the former collection included. I can recommend the current edition to the John Denver completist only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book...very nostalgic for me, December 9, 2011
I've always loved the John Denver Muppets Christmas CD (8-track the first time I heard it). It's great fun to have the piano book. I've especially loved playing "The Christmas Wish." I'm not a great pianist but I sure enjoy it and this book was just that perfect easy to easy/moderate level...I can play the songs but it's a bit of a challenge to play them well. Gives me something to practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 16, 2014
This is a replacement for the cassette tape we had for our kids when they were much younger. Now that we don't have anything that will play cassettes, we had to replace it. It's not Xmas without the Muppets.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Music Book, February 20, 2014
These songs are classic, and a lot of fun to learn and sing. There are a few easy songs, and songs for advanced players.

John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together
John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together by John Denver (Paperback - September 27, 2002)
$9.95 $8.96