5.0 out of 5 stars FOCUSING ON CHRIST ALONE.
What can I say about this wonderful translation ? In my life it took years of hopeless struggles before coming to the revelation that all of my efforts to make myself righteous were in vain. So many wasted years before discovering that authentic righteousness can only come about by having an ongoing love relationship with Jesus Christ.
In a natural relationship...
Published 14 months ago by G. Northington

1.0 out of 5 stars BOOK IS MISLEADING ABOUT THE GOSPELS
All of these book DO NOT FOLLOW THE TRUE SCRIPTURES OF THE HOLY BIBLE it is more like cult reading. To find the truth, buy a Holy Bible instead.
Published 5 months ago by Shilodogg

5.0 out of 5 stars FOCUSING ON CHRIST ALONE., November 22, 2013
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
In a natural relationship when you draw near to someone you will soon discover their hidden faults, however when it comes to Christ the closer you approach the greater his beauty is enhanced, and that is why this translation is so important. For to know Jesus in all of his fullness creates a love so powerful that everything within strains to be conformed into his image in a supernatural effort to please him.
Reading this translation is like seeing these glorious events unfold before your very eyes. After turning each page, I found myself identifying with the Apostle John, leaning closer and closer to the breast of the master until I could almost feel his very heartbeat, and in doing so I finally understood why John had the audacity to refer to himself as the disciple that Jesus loved.
This book will center your focus on Christ alone. Why is that so important ? Because Jesus is the key to revival. 120 different individual were in the upper room, yet the bible says that they came to a place where they were in one accord. How was that possible? The common denominator was Jesus.
They had walked and talked with him. They were there when he had healed the sick and raised the dead. Some were even there when he walked on the water. They watched as he cast out demons. Some had watched him die and most had seen him after he was raised from the dead. Their memories and focus on him were so intense that it overcame the differences that separated and divided them, and when the change was complete, the fire fell. This translation will give you supernatural memories that will enable you to see what they saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sets Your Heart on Fire, January 8, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
Being an older Christian, the Bible became so familiar that it was hard for the Lord to speak to me through it. This book of John set my heart on fire!!! It brought newness to my heart - deeper revelation through God's Word again. The Passion Translation is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Translation, January 7, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
There is nothing like this translation available today. It is inspired by the Holy Spirit and gives such amazing insights into the scriptures. A must read for any lover of Jesus

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 1, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
My Husband and I are really enjoying the Passion translations! We love the way the words make the books of the Bible come even more alive :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully interpreted...., February 8, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
Eugene Peterson once said, "There is a need in every generation to keep the language of the gospel message current, fresh, and understandable—the way it was for its very first readers." Brian Simmons has done just that. He has breathed new life into the Scriptures and made them come alive again for countless readers around the globe. It is with a happy heart that I commend this work. The two works that have impacted me the most was reading through "John: Eternal Love" and "Letters from Heaven by the Apostle Paul." These works have breathed fresh life into the Gospel and I see Christ anew through Simmons' beautiful scholarship and writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the way Brian views everything thru the lens of ..., December 14, 2014
I have been a Christian for 29 years, and I have used a number of Bible translations. Since I discovered The Passion Translation in March, I have used it as much as possible. It has brought out many shades of meaning that I had no idea about. I love the way Brian views everything thru the lens of The Great Commandment. This passionate love from God to us/from us to God comes through on every page. I only wish he had the whole Bible done. Goad for the many books Brian has put out so far! I highly recommend The Passion Translation for anyone wanting to passionately pursue Jesus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hearing the heart of Jesus., March 4, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
I can hardly describe how much I've enjoyed reading this translation of the Bible. My most recent purchase is this one, John. I am struck by the clarity and beauty of the words of Jesus as if this is the first time I am reading them. The Passion Translation makes it come alive. I'm grateful for the work they're doing and look forward to them completing more books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, with helpful notes on the translation, December 26, 2014
This is a difficult review to write. I'm not a scholar of biblical Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic, so I can't be sure that the notes are accurate, (any more than I could in any other translation), and since the disclaimer is that the Passion Translation is not a word-for-word translation, but rather a thought-for-thought translation it's hard to see how true-to-the-original it is. Having said that, I have to admit that I really enjoyed reading "John : Eternal Love", (BroadStreet Publishing Group, 2014)from the series The Passion Translation Bible.
Brian Simmons passion for the Word of God is evident in both this volume, and another volume, "The Psalms: Poetry on Fire", which was sent for me to review at the same time. The words of the Word flow across the pages, and make the parables and teachings come alive with new meaning to a familiar story. The poetry of the Psalms sings out with joy, without seeming to lose any of the meaning of the older and more familiar translations.
Simmons has thoughtfully included many footnotes that help the reader to understand why he has chosen particular words or phrasing, including a translation of the word or an explanation of how a particular word was used in other works. The Words (or thoughts) of Jesus are in Bold print -similar to a red letter edition.
The Passion Translation seems to be a work in progress: several volumes cover some of the Old and Some of the New Testament. I certainly hope that Simmons completes the entire Bible, and instead of having to buy several books, the entire Bible will be available in one volume. The separate volumes are useful for Bible Study or small group, but there is much to be said for having everything in one place for easy reference.
I would give each of these volumes a 5/5. A great new resource for anyone hoping to go deeper into God's Word.
I was provided a copy of these two volumes in exchange for a review. There was no obligation to write a positive review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a passion translation, February 13, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
I love that Brian translated his books. These are not paraphrases, or modern language translations. You will discover a deeper, more passionate side of Christ that you may have not realized before reading his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars O, So Good., April 14, 2014
This review is from: John: Eternal Love (Paperback)
Like the other books I have purchased of the Passion Translation...I am so blessed and amazed. I love the intimacy of John and I love the freshness of the text in this translation. Highly recommend it to everyone.

John: Eternal Love
John: Eternal Love by Brian Simmons (Paperback - October 18, 2013)
Used & New from: $47.70