5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff ever...
Published on January 20, 2011 by Kevin P. O'connell

3.0 out of 5 stars Could make you brassy
I find this product difficult to rate b/c it DOES make your hair lighter just as it claims BUT, I think it needs to be specific as to what type of blonde it will work well for. I am the UN-natural blonde type and my color is in the golden range and this shampoo made me brassy. I was hoping it would just bump-up my tone a little and make my blonde brighter. I think if I...
Published on January 15, 2010 by Beauty Maven "steph"

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stuff ever..., January 20, 2011
This review is from: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Hair Conditioner - 9.3 Oz (Misc.)
I am only reviewing this product because some people below are crazy. I am a male, I have longer, thick hair. I am a natural blonde. I only first used this product because I was showering at a girl's place and it was what she had. When I wash my hair with shampoo it gets frizzy, dry, totally unusable. After using this stuff once, I knew I would never go back. Yes it does make your hair blonder, and I don't know about people with dyed hair (why would you want a conditioner to make your fake hair color more blonde, why not just get it more blonde when you dye it?) but for real blondes it just makes it a little lighter, like it normally gets in the summer time. I use this conditioner with the shampoo of the same brand and feel equally strong about that product. I usually shampoo and condition every other day... fyi. But if you want really soft hair, that still has form and don't mind looking like you're a shade or two more blonde, this is the perfect shampoo conditioner combo. Also, I found with other products when I washed and then combed my hair, it got even more dry and frizzy while with this stuff it just gets silkier and smoother. I am in love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep... it works!, May 29, 2011
I am naturally a dark blonde, and my hair was MUCH lighter when I was younger. Even now, I get natural highlights when I am in the sun enough, but with a full-time office job, my hair has been especially dark lately.

I have used the Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner for about two weeks, and it is definitely working! Now, don't expect drastic results or anything... it's not like I bleached my hair or something like that. But it looks like I have been out in the sun for a while-- very natural and subtle, but it looks brighter than before, which is exactly what I wanted! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A beauty product that does what it says!, June 19, 2010
I am a medium to dark natural blonde. I have very light (platinum) highlights. My highlights have faded and I just did NOT want to pay to get them touched-up again yet, though I really wanted to stay light all summer. I used this product, with the conditioner, one time. I also used the highlight activating shampoo and conditioner for light blondes one time, and WOW! In one use of each, 2 days, my blonde is bright and light again. Since my hair is fine and dry from being color treated and heat styled, this didn't and likely won't make me notice any damage effects. I just wanted to share that my all over color lightened (which made my outgrowth less noticeable), and my highlights that had faded came back with a bang. I would recommend using the shine glaze they offer as well. Good luck and happy blonding!

4.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS STUFF!, July 26, 2012
This product does make your hair a little brassy but just your roots. I naturally have VERY dark hair and I use it just to make my roots look a little less ridiculous. Instead of getting my hair dyed BLONDE every 6 weeks, I get it done every 12 weeks. I LOVE that. If you want your dark brunette hair beautiful blonde this is not for you. But if you are okay with just lighter, which I am, use this product. Its GREAT!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, April 20, 2014
This is an excellent product which highlights my hair beautifully & gives it lustrous shine. It's a reliable treat for my 'dirty blonde' hair & I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 13, 2012
Darcy Batty (Marysville, WA) - See all my reviews
I was in love with my hair in high school (natural blonde, straight, and smooth) but after I got pregnant my hair turned brown, wavy, and frizzy. I didn't want to dye my hair because I figured that would make it more dry and frizzy. I went from lightning shampoo and conditioner combos to the next. I was never fully pleased...until I used this stuff. I will never be using another shampoo and conditioner. I'm in love with my hair again and I get lots of compliments on it. It's healthy looking and bright. = )

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty great, April 23, 2013
D. Nelson (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with the results of this product. I did not want to dye my hair, just hurry up the natural lightening that takes place each summer. An acquaintance asked me if I had dyed my hair, she said it just looked so great and sun-kissed, need I say more? Less hassle and more control than dying for a subtle lightening.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner, December 18, 2011
I started as a few shades lighter than medium blonde, not quite a light blonde but close, then dyed it to make it a shade or two lighter. In order to maintain the color of my hair and keep it healthy I decided to use the conditioner of this set, ONLY the conditioner. The conditioner alone added contrast and even lightened my roots a little and kept my hair looking healthy without any residue that I have had when using other products, such as Pantene.

The bottle reads at the bottom on the front "FOR LIGHTER BLONDES," I am unsure if this is an improvement but I did notice that other people had said that the company needed to put something on the bottle that expressed which shades it worked best for. I also noticed this on the back of the bottle "Enhancing formula with sunflower and white tea moothes hair and mends porous areas to restore healthy texture. Reveals a full spectrum of blonde tones...NON-COLOR DEPOSITING" So I am also interested to know exactly what is in this that makes my hair blonder because that statement is an oxymoron.

Usually, I have found not only in my experience but others as well, that after an at home/box dye job, hair becomes frizzy and dry, but this gives hair the luster, shine, and feel of well kept and healthy hair. .I was and still am impressed with the conditioner alone and am going to try the shampoo and other products that are available, I highly recommend this for lighter shades, because I would expect it to give anything darker than medium blonde with light highlights a brassy or yellowish tint. I give a 10 out of 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, February 6, 2014
i am a dark blonde and i used john frieda go blonder shampoo and conditioner and spray for a month now my hair is almost pitch blonde but i did use a lot because i dident no if it would work but it did

5.0 out of 5 stars John Frieda Blonde, September 5, 2013
I have used this product for several years and am very pleased with the results. I have grey hair and John Freida's Blonde products keep the brassy color out of the grey.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›