Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 29, 2013
I have shoulder length naturally wavy hair; not really curls but generous waves. I like to use this spray when I let my hair mostly air dry & I want extra waves & lasting waves. There are sections of my hair that are more wavy than others & sections that tend to lose their wave easier. Those sections get a little more of this product. This isn't a miracle curl-making product; it works with what you have & you have to treat your curls/waves carefully or they will frizz & go flat even with the product in your hair.

This is my technique:

-Washed/Conditioned Hair, combed out.
-While hair is still wet, I spray a generous amount of the "Dream Curl" product in to my palm & then I put in a tiny drop of argan oil on top of that. I rub my palms together to mix it & coat my palms. I find I get much better coverage/control if I work it through my hair instead of spraying it on. Spraying is also messy.
-Then, I gently scrunch through my hair. I do not put this on my scalp.
-I often spray a little more Dream Curl on to my palm & put it in the parts of my hair that tend to uncurl easier.
-Now, I blow dry my roots (bend over with head facing floor) & slightly dry all my hair. I keep the drier mostly on the low heat & air flow setting. Blowing my roots gives my hair lift/body. The heat of the blow dryer seems to make the argan oil & Dream Curl coat my hair better. Using a diffuser will give you even better/more curls (if you have them to start with).
-If I want even more curls, I use a diffuser on my blow dryer instead of just drying my roots. I bend over & gently cup my hair in to the diffuser & push the diffuser to my head.
-I comb out my hair with a wide tooth comb being careful not to stretch out my waves.
-Then I put my hands under the faucet, get them a little wet & scrunch through my hair to revitalize the curl/wave that may have blown out. I do not get my roots wet because I don't want my roots to go flat. If I need to neaten up my hair, I carefully use a wide tooth comb.
-My hair air dries. I do not comb my hair again until it is completely dry. If I need to comb my hair, I only use a wide tooth comb & I'm careful not to stretch out the waves. A hair brush will kill your waves/curls.

When I use this product, all I have to do is dampen my hair with my hands to bring back the waves. Even the second day I can get away with just dampening my hair. If I have sections of my hair that are a little frizzy, I just use a tiny amount of argan oil to smooth them out.

I have used other another company's "curl" product but it seemed to be more harsh & dried out my hair. This John Frieda does not seem to cause those problems for me. This product is not overly perfumed. There is a slight citrusy scent but it goes away. I do not like heavily scented hair products.

This is the Argan Oil I use. It's not pure Argan Oil but it works!:
One N' Only Argan Oil Treatment, 3.4 Ounce
on May 16, 2009
I have naturally curly hair that is fine rather than course, and it tends to frizz very quickly. I've had trouble finding inexpensive products that work without making my hair gunky. This product is a blessing. I take a shower at night, apply some leave-in conditioner and then lightly spritz my hair with Dream Curls, lightly scrunching as directed, and then go to bed. My head is full of curls the next morning. I'd forgotten my hair was that curly - I was so used to just frizz, that I began thinking my hair was completely unmanageable. A few more light spritzes in the morning with light scrunching and I'm good to go. It does a very good job of re-invigorating the curls after I'd slept on them, and my hair is as soft as can be. Just don't use too much, because it can make your hair crunchy, like using a gel. Also I've found that I have to wash my hair every day or it tends to not work quite as well. It doesn't take much of this product to produce beautiful curls, and it also passes the frizz test. I've been out in humid muggy weather several times and not a hair frizzes. Before Dream Curls, I would have had a head full of frizz and my hair would have ended up put into a bun in a last ditch effort to control it. I even still keep a rubberband with me "just in case" although I haven't needed it for weeks - it's GREAT! :)
on March 7, 2014
Just as good as expensive brands, but you can buy at grocery store on on Amazon for alot cheaper.
I have naturally curly hair, and I use it, after I have combed my hair out from the shower. I spray it on,apply mousse and then let air dry. I also use John Frieda mousse. Both products together give my curls a beautiful spiral look, without crunchiness or stickiness. And believe me I have tried over 50 products for curly hair. This is a great combo to try, and its not expensive at all. And letting it air dry is the trick. The less you play with it, the curlier it will be. I go work with my hair wet, and it's usually dry around 10am--then I just shake out a little and it s great for the rest of the day. Don't even try those transfuser-they just add frizz.
on October 17, 2013
This is the only product I've found that will get my over-processed, bleached blonde hair to do something besides look dead and straw-like. Combined with a good reconstructor/moisturizer beforehand, this spray makes my brittle hair soft, and coaxs little spirals of curls so that soon my thin head of hair has turned into this glorious crazy mane.

I've found that it works better for me if I let it build up - spray it on towel-dried hair thoroughly and scrunch, turn my head upside and blow dry while scrunching (using a diffuser would be a good idea but I don't have one), getting it pretty much dry and curly, and then about fifteen minutes later spraying it all over again and scrunching again, and scrunching as I blow dry with my head upside down.I don't I finish with a little texturizing powder at my roots which helps me direct the messy curls, put a little hair spray on, and sometimes a little of Freida's Shine Spray (VERY little or it will look like you haven't washed your hair in a decade).

Oh,sometimes, I put some Silk Drops or Biosilk on my hands and rub them together and through my towel-dried hair before I spray this on. That way, my hair isn't trying to grab it all for the moisture. It seems like instead the silk stuff acts like primer does for foundation.

I've had to order this from Amazon because I can't find it anywhere in stores locally. I really REALLY hope it has not been discontinued.

If you do NOT happen to have put texterizing powder in your hair, then the next day you can spray more of this spray onto your hair, really get it wet, and refresh it, scrunching again, taking a break while it's still damp to put some silk product on it to take away any frizz from the scrunching...thin hair will hair even MORE volume and there will be more curls. It's a "wild thing" kind of look, and I like it. My hair really cant do anything else and I can't afford extensions. So Amazon, PLEASE, keep carrying this! Thank you :)
on January 20, 2015
I didn't think this would work, but since it's winter and its sooooo dry outside my hair is pin straight and flips out at the end, no waves no curl. In the summer, my hair actually has lots of waves and curls. I liked how light this was, I kept scrunching as it was drying naturally and got wavy curls!:D
on September 4, 2008
I use dream curls every day with a little shine serum, and I will never use anything else! My natural curls are spiraled, healthy, shiny and NEVER frizzy. I swear by this product and recommend it to anyone with wavy or curly hair.
on May 7, 2014
My hair is beautiful now,no more frizzy, my hair is curly and this Frizz-Ease Dream Curls, Curl Perfecting Spray, keep my hair without Frizz for whole day, this product is amazing, for curly hair or extra dry hair, I recommend it 100%!!!
on April 11, 2015
Best product for those of us with Curly Hair, use the entire Curl line and you will have beautiful salon curls, silky, touchable hair. No need for harsh styling products.
I use the shampoo, conditioner. After the wash, while damp I use the Extra Strength 6 Effects Serum, let air dry, then Spray the Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray, work through hair and you are ready for the day.
Hair remains touchable, can run your hands through your hair without destroying the style.
Have used these products for years and would Not use anything else....
on April 25, 2013
I use this on wet or damp hair. I have wavy hair of fine to medium thickness and density and this spray brings my hair to manageable ringlets with NO frizz. I do use it in conjunction with a light oil or spray laminate which also helps.

I've tried far more expensive products with less consistent results. This is always in my beauty cabinet. Recommended!
on April 20, 2016
I really wanted to like this product, but it didn't do a whole lot for my frizz. It did help a little bit which is why I gave it the 4 stars, and I might continue to buy it every now and then as it works better than most products I have tried. But it is by no means a miracle worker!