Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on March 7, 2010
I do daily battle with my hair, and I usually win. But I win at a cost. The harsh dye I use to cover my stubborn grays (L'Oreal Feria), and the twice-weekly blowouts and daily flat-ironing required to manhandle my frizzy, cowlicky strands into something resembling a modern style leaves my hair dry and, when left to its own devices, even frizzier than it otherwise would be. Until I found this miraculous white fluid, I had more bad hair days than good.

THE PROS: Smooths and shines, eliminates frizz and keeps thick, cowlicky hair from looking like an unruly mane. With careful application, gives consistent results. In short, this stuff does what it says it will, which is an extremely rare feature among hair products.

THE CONS: Very intense perfume smell (probably camouflaging an equally intense but less pleasant chemical smell). Relatively high cost (I get about 6-8 uses out of one $10 bottle). Needs to be applied carefully (almost expertly) for best results. Effects are temporary, lasting only until the next wash.

ADVICE FOR USE:
The instructions on the bottle give two methods of use: one for wet hair and one for dry. I believe anyone who actually needs the product would be wasting it by using it on wet hair (which amounts to diluting it). I recommend using it on dry hair only, and not only that, but my results are by far the best when I section off my hair and apply the product to one section, comb it through, and then move on to the next section.

Also, the directions recommend leaving the product on dry hair for 20 minutes. But I have found that, for me, 20 minutes is too long. My hair reaches a point where the improvement process actually seems to reverse if I leave the product on longer than about 10 minutes. Once, I left it on overnight and saw no effect whatsoever. So, as to the amount of time to leave it in the hair, I expect everyone is a bit different, and it might require some experimentation to get that right.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS:
At $10 plus tax for 6-8 uses, this stuff is expensive. But frankly, it's a better investment in my hair than what I've paid my last half-dozen stylists, and it works better than anything from Aveda at three times the price. An added benefit I see with this product is that my hair stays shiny, clean-looking, and manageable for longer, which means I can put off washing for an extra day when I need to. Before I found John Frieda Color Glaze, the only way I knew of to not look like Reba McEntire circa 1987 without also taking all the body out of my hair was to sleep on it! I'm now happy to report that I can actually leave the house with my hair freshly coiffed and with no nap required. This stuff is life-changing.
22 comments|222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
It wasn't until after I used this product that I learned it was voted one of the best new products for 2012! I had dry, damaged, fly-away hair before I used it. I opted to put it on my dry hair and leave it on about 20 minutes before washing it, and what an improvement! At first I used it a couple times a week, but now I only use it every couple of weeks. My hair is so soft and manageable and vey healthy! I also have received many compliments! I wouldn't pay attention to other bad reviews until you actually use it yourself.

On Amazon.com I can buy the product for a lot less than the drug and beauty stores locally even with the shipping fees included! A GREAT find and money well spent!
on February 11, 2015
Here's the deal: this KIND OF works. But don't buy it. Head to Sally's Beauty Supply and buy semi-permanent glaze there. This stuff doesn't work that well. Sometimes your hair looks a little bit shinier, but not by much. Sally's stuff is easy to use, lasts longer, and makes your hair 10x shinier!
on August 13, 2013
It smells absolutely fantastic and works far better than expected. It sort of 'locks in' the fullness from the JF Luxurious Volume Shampoo & Conditioner while adding incredible gloss. And to think I almost didn't buy this based on the mixed reviews...it's now an integral part of my regular hair care routine.
on August 2, 2011
I've been using this product over a year and it gives my medium-thick hair a noticible, lively shine. I've only used it in the shower, generally followed by a blowdry and flat iron. Here's what experience has taught me: 1) Squeeze out as much water from your hair as possible before application 2) Use sparingly and stay at least 2" away from the roots. My hair is past my shoulder blades and I use no more than the size of a dime. It's easier to stay away from the roots if I part my hair with a wide-tooth comb first but that's optional. 3) Leave it on AT LEAST 3" per the directions, then rinse well.

As long as you stay away from the roots and use the product sparingly, you'll have great results. My hair is greasier the next day than it would be if I didn't use the glaze, but not by much (My hair always looks greasy if I haven't washed it). I do not recommend the brown glaze - it made my hair feel dirty and I didn't like how it immediately stained my skin.
on June 11, 2013
I have thin hair & this product not only makes my hair look better but it makes it healthier. It grows better is less frizzy & fuller.
on December 7, 2010
I love how this stuff makes my hair feel. Super soft and shiny. A must for every other wash use. The scent is a bit strong but I'm picky on scents. Not strong enough to keep me from using the product though.
on May 4, 2009
I love what this does for my hair. Gets my kinky curly hair smooth and shiny and keeps it that way until the next shampoo. So happy to have found this product.
on August 17, 2008
This was my first time trying glaze. I have strawberry blond curly hair and this really makes my hair glow! It's not conditioner, you use it after you condition.
on April 24, 2014
I was hoping this would help with my frizz, or at least make my hair shinier. Instead, it did nothing I noticed at all to my hair. It also has a very chemical smell. The best thing i can say about it is that at least it didn't seem to hurt my hair at all.