Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 8, 2011
Vanity book for McLemore's four different product lines. His name and/or photo is on every page. I wanted "large fryer" recipes only. This book only has two turkey recipes: cajun and honey & walnut covered. No traditional fried turkey recipes; Butterball should be furious. I also tried three of his non-turkey recipes; all times recommended are way wrong, even using the Butterball Electric Turkey Fryer he markets and Amazon sells at a discount. (I found the Butterball XL fryer to be excellent, ignoring this book). As a fryer distributor, I'd expect McLemore to urge using a digital remote thermometer (like Amazon sells) for precise meat temps. A circular face unit like he recommends covers 50-degs in a half inch, so cannot give precise cooking temps, just approx. oil temperature (which you also need at start-up). This especially applies to deep fried turkeys where the difference in breast meat temp. of 165 deg to 175 deg is juicy and tender to tough and stringy.
Good news is Amazon sells these low cost, valuable books: "Ultimate Turkey Fryer", "103 Uses for your Turkey Fryer" and "Fearless Frying". Buy all three.
on April 30, 2011
If it weren't for all the family background and their personal beliefs, aka religion, it would rate a 5 for me. I paid for recipes, not how they live their private lives. A history of their company was ok but that's as far as that should have gone. Other than that, it's a good kind of 'primer'.
on March 27, 2014
I really like how the author takes the mystery out of using a smoker. I bought this cookbook along with our smoker, and we use the recipes in it all the time. I would love to see another smoker cookbook by the same author, because there aren't really that many recipes in this book.
on June 9, 2013
I can't wait to try these recipes. They are all explained very well and seem easy to make.
You could eat the pictures right off the pages. The book was first rate, as if I went to the local bookstore
to purchase it.
on April 24, 2013
I bought the book to go with my new Masterbuilt smoker (which I love). Some recipes are good, but the book get's bogged down in "fried" and "grilled" foods. I bought a smoker, not a fryer or grill.
on May 14, 2014
Since I have the fryer and smoker that these recipes are based on, this book has been very helpful. Lots of great recipes and pictures to back them up. I think the only downside is that it IS written for these appliances. If you don't have say, a fryer AND a smoker, it may not be as useful to you.
on July 26, 2012
I purchased this cook book as many people do with their masterbuilt smokers. I was pleasently surprised to find the wide range of recipies in here. It has a nice selection for the smoker, meats AND side dishes (I never would have guessed you could smoke potato salad and mac and cheese) and also a section for steaming, grilling and frying. We have tried about 7 things out of this book from sides to smoked meats to grilled items and all tasted wonderful. The photos are nice and big and if you follow the directions your food will come out looking as pictured. If you buy this keep in mind its a cook book that is not only for smoking but for cooking in general.
on December 12, 2014
ordered these for my Hubby as a go along with the new smoker that he was getting as a gift. He loves them & has made several or the recipes & gets rave reviews for his "cooking". I love that he is cooking & enjoying it
on March 16, 2011
I just wished there were more recipes for smoking of foods. I have there electric smoker and this book has the only how to and recipes for an electrice smoker.
on November 27, 2013
This is a great guide. There is some regional lingo in it but will great! I gave them away as gifts for Christmas with Turkey fryers. Buy the way everyone that recieved one did not do well with their new year resolution of loosing weight....