5.0 out of 5 stars Belly Laughs Galore
John Pinette is one of those comics that gets a laugh without profanity - and I mean laughs that bring teears! His facial expressions and use of his voice are truly priceless. I highly urge you to buy this if you want a few hours of GREAT entertainment!
Published on February 13, 2007 by Mimi Testen

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the new material?
Published on January 28, 2007 by Pete P. Poplawski

5.0 out of 5 stars Belly Laughs Galore, February 13, 2007
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars More (of the Same) by the Funniest Man on Earth, January 22, 2007
Sgt. Greg Parker (Police Strategic Response Unit) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
Don't get me wrong, I think John Pinette is the Funniest Man on Earth. I saw the edited version of this DVD last night on Comedy Central. John is repeating too much material from his prior DVD and CD. Great stuff, very funny, but I say NAY NAY---you've done it before, John! You need more new material. I'm buying this anyway, but please retire "Free Willy" and "Fat Man at the Water Park"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid laughs, January 25, 2007
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
John Pinette's stand-up is absolutely hilarious. My wife and I laughed solidly through his routine, and then through the DVD's special features. We were not familiar with his work, so we don't share the disappointment of his fans that know his routine. His delivery and his timing are outstanding. If you haven't seen (much of) Pinette, you're in for a real treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm still laughing 5 hours later, September 2, 2007
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
This guy is so funny this video is probably illegal in some states. I remember a bit he did way back in the day that played on Comedy Central in like a continuous loop, about Ny-Quil, "the snuffly, sneezy, sleepy, what-the-hell-am-I-doing-on=my=kitchen=floor medicine". I just watched "I'm starvin'" with friends and had to run to amazon now that I know his name, and get us a copy becuase the whole show, I mean the WHOLE SHOW, was so funny I thought I was going to pass out from laughing so hard, and I missed half of it from laughing. No other comedian has made me bust a gut for the entire show, not Margaret Cho, not Lewis Black, not any of my favorites. You NEED this dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Pinette is simply hilarious!, July 28, 2010
Ima Buyer "Amazonian" (Plymouth, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
I first heard a John Pinette routine on a satellite radio comedy channel, and of the many comics that I had listened to there, John was the only one with which I was motivated to research further. I viewed some of his routines posted on YouTube, and as I thought, this man is refreshingly funny! I have purchased both of his DVDs, and as others have discovered, much of the material is repeated on both disks, though there are some noticeable differences. If you really like John's material, then you might want to have both DVDs to see how his material has changed, but in my opinion, the "I'm Starvin'!" DVD is the better of the two. It seems that in the several years between the release of each disk he has actually fine-tuned his material and delivery for greater effect (my absolute favorite routine on this DVD is "Touring the World" about looking for Italian food in France...you can view it on YouTube: [...]). My children have seen both DVDs and they agree as well. You can tell that John is a creative talent because there is quite a bit of drama in his act (he performed in the Broadway production of "Hairspray" for two years as Edna Turnblad). Both the "I Say Nay Nay" and "I'm Starvin'!" DVDs have a featurette of his famous "Chinese Buffet" routine from early in his career, but neither is as good as some of the "Chinese Buffet" performances posted on YouTube. My favorite is posted here: [...]
...though he is older and has lost a little weight since that era. One thing to point out...John does use some profanity in his I'm Starvin act, not because his material is obscene, but more so to punctuate some of his humor (on par with a PG-13 movie, and he doesn't use the f-word). If you are uncomfortable with having your kids hear an occasional curse, then this disk may not be for you. Personally, I think it is unfortunate that John felt he needed to include the profanity because I think all children would really appreciate John's work (such as they do Bill Cosby's timeless material from the 1960's). In my opinion, John is so gifted that he could easily avoid the use of much of the profanity and he would be just as entertaining. None-the-less, I allowed my three kids (age 10 and up) to watch the DVDs, because I wanted them to appreciate John's talent as much as I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Pinette fair, good, but repackaged, February 8, 2010
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
I made the mistake of purchasing (2) John Pinette videos, "I'm Starvin" and "I Say Nay, Nay".
Both videos are funny. However, they're the same act ! I would have thought that Pinette would
have different material on these two videos. Big disappointment with that issue.

If you're going to buy one of these videos I would recommend "I'm Starvin". Very funny and
enjoyable enough to watch repeatedly. Looking forward to some 'new' stuff John !!!

Timm

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, January 11, 2009
Brandi Kiple (browns mills, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
John Pinnete is absolutely hilariaous thru this whole standup.His jokes are pretty clean with not a lot of cursing, so me and the boyfriend watched it a second time with his parents!

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the new material?, January 28, 2007
Pete P. Poplawski "Pete Pop" (Boca Raton, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
After buying and really enjoying "I say Nay Nay" I was looking forward to a "new" DVD with "new" material. This is definitly not it! If you know his old jokes by heart you will barely bring up a chuckle on this DVD. I can't imagine the reason for releasing this. In addition, the audio mix could be better. The audience is louder than John's voice and it also get's a little lost in the room ambiance. Notice how far away he holds his microphone. Give us 100% new material on the next one John!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, January 28, 2009
K. Staley (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
It is difficult these days to find a witty comedian who is not crass or who thinks vulgarity is all there is to good comedy. I stumbled upon this DVD while in Hollywood video one day and thought I would give it a chance. I liked it so much that I bought it. He is very funny. If you like Jim Gaffigan or Brian Regan, you will probably like John.

5.0 out of 5 stars JOHN PINETTE IS THE BEST!!!!, January 13, 2009
This review is from: John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (DVD)
I have seen John Pinette live twice and watched him on Stand up Spotlight many times, bought his DVD's and seen many of the movies he is in. No matter how many times i have seen or heard his routines they are hysterical, they make my family and friends laugh till they cry. I love him and can watch him over and over and laugh everytime. This DVD is great no matter how many times i have seen it. I recommend it highly!!!

John Pinette: I'm Starvin'!
John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! by John Pinette (DVD - 2007)
$14.99 $11.15