Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 6, 2011
You wanted more Johnny Test. You demanded more Johnny Test. You'd whine, plead, and beg to your parents like Johnny Test for more Johnny Test. Well, grovel no more 'cause he's back in a brand new DVD set ! There's 39 episodes spanning the third and fourth seasons on four discs that include a lot of my all-time favorite episodes such as:

"Johnny 'Mon" - Johnny gets zapped into his "Tinymon" video game and must do battle in order to get out.

"Johnny Bench" - Johnny needs to make a bench for Wood Shop class. How hard can it be ?

"Johnny Cart Racing" - It's an all out race in Porkbelly as Johnny goes up against his friends and foes for the Super Champion of the World.

"Return of Johnny 'Mon" - Once again, Johnny gets zapped into his new "Tinymon" video game, but this time his dad gets zapped, too.

"Johnny Dukey Doo" - Ghosts are haunting an old inn that's about to be destroyed. Johnny, his dog Dukey, and his sisters Susan and Mary get to the bottom of this.

"Papa Johnny" - Johnny and his dad switch brains to see who has it worse.

"The Johnnyminster Dog Show" - Dukey wants to compete in a dog show to see who's the best dog in town.

"Tom and Johnny" - Mr. Mittens, a cat who seeks revenge on Johnny, returns. And worse, Johnny has been turned into a mouse !

"Who's Johnny?" - Susan and Mary attempt to change their brother's personality, and it isn't pretty.

"Johnny Test in 3D" - Johnny goes up against a seaside hotel manager who forbids pets.

"King Johnny" - Johnny plays the ultimate game of chess. With special enhancements from his genius sisters, of course.

"Johnny Tube" - Johnny desperately tries to make a popular internet video.

The set also includes bonus episodes of 3 other shows: "Nanoboy", "Gadget Boy", and "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors". There's even an exclusive digital comic for your DVD-ROM. So make a few whip-crack sound effects and get this DVD set (at an amazing value, I might add) to add to your collection. Don't forget: the first two seasons are also available (at an equally low price), and new episodes are being added weekly on Cartoon Network !
on March 25, 2012
PROs:
Price: The price is a great deal!
Length: You get 4 DVD's each at least 3 hrs, great if you need to put a DVD in as "background noise" in a kid friendly setting.
The Material: It's palatable for adults with enough silly gags to keep kids laughing.

CONs:
DVDs: The DVD's appear to have a manufacturing defect as they came scratched in the exact same manner on each disc. The discs still play and for the price and hassle, I will keep them. This is the main reason this review is 3 stars instead of 5.
Packaging: The DVD's are in 4 sleeves inside the DVD case instead of the usual circle mount holding the DVD in place. If you have children that handle DVD's be prepared for the sleeves to be lost plan accordingly if you want to keep the discs unscratched and working. (maybe get 4 old DVD cases with the circle mounts)

Things that didn't affect my decision to purchase but may affect yours:
No subtitles for the hearing impaired.
Johhny engages in a lot of "typical" boy behavior and humor, meaning some fighting and body function gags and sound effects.

Given the price, I am satisfied with this purchase.

UPDATE: 3/27/12 Lowered my review to 1 star.
(I've had the discs for 2 days) The DVD's skipped and would not play in the last few cartoons of EACH disc the first time I played them. I went to the Episode Menu on each disc and selected the last one or two cartoons-they would not play so I sent it back to Amazon for an exchange. I received the "new" discs today and right out of the box and securtity tape- SAME ISSUE! The DVD's do not appear new and seem to have a "bubbled" effect in the center where you'd normally mount the DVD (If it had a center mount)
3 of the 4 DVD sleeves don't appear new. Even though I've never seen it before, everything but the outside cover screams heat damage and repackaged. I will keep the discs because I like what cartoons do play but I understand why the price is so good and I'm glad I didn't pay more.
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
this was one of the best DVDs i have ever bought for a great price. this has 39 episodes and are always funny and awesome buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!
on July 12, 2012
This is a great cartoon and an awesome deal for less than 7 dollars for a 4 DVD set containing 2 full seasons. My three sons (yes I know the phrase) love this cartoon. Shoot, even my wife and I like it. This a great purchase for the car on long trips. Would recommend to all parents.
on March 23, 2012
Wonderful entertainment for older childern. Lots of action and Johnny even learns a few things along the way. My 12 yr old grandson loves this show.
on November 10, 2012
I bought this along with Johnny test seasons 1 & 2. Its was a great buy definitely would recommend it.
on November 26, 2015
It's Johnny Test. I can't complain about it at all. I understand some people find this show to be a rip-off of other shows but I find it to be enjoyable. It is funny and unlike some other KIDS shows there is no sexual humor. Remember in Ed, Edd N Eddy where they're looking at dirty magazines under the bed and in the bathroom there's a note that says "Don't Touch Yourself". Like OH MY GAHH how do you put that is a children's cartoon? This has clean humor. It isn't as good as Hey Arnold or Doug, but those are 90's cartoons.
on October 3, 2015
Mill Creek smashed the video. Seasons 3-6 are supposed to be in 1.78:1 but instead of a proper center crop they squashed the video down to 4:3.
Using VLC media player I changed the aspect ratio to stretch 16:9 and it doesn't appear warped at all. DHX Cookie Jar gave them the series but they squished it down to 4.3. Not a major issue at all.
on January 20, 2015
Simply put, I am a huge cartoon geek and Johnny Test is one of my all-time favorites. Johnny is hysterical and his talking dog, dukey is terrific and so are his sisters....well, every character is great.
on January 17, 2012
Bought this for a present and for me...Love the talking dog. Great price for a great cartoon. Would recommend this for anyone who likes the show.